IPL 2020

AshRK

Will Ben stokes play for RR? Rajasthan are dark horses if they can have all their overseas players.

zing

Zingle balls
Will Ben stokes play for RR? Rajasthan are dark horses if they can have all their overseas players.
Reports that he will miss the first part of the IPL - whatever that means. He's not with the squad, so he's definitely missing out on some part of the IPL.

Yes - they look a decent side if Stokes plays.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Starts in a week.

Details can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Indian_Premier_League

Just took a look at the squads -- Mumbai(as usual), Delhi, RCB and KKR all look like they can field well balanced 11s. Expecting this to be the first year in which CSK don't qualify for the knockouts.
People say this about CSK almost every year. We don’t have a good squad on paper nor a young squad but someone manage to make it to the playoffs every year.

They should have also allowed to field an extra foreigner this year cause of players dropping out due to Covid.

zing

Zingle balls
People say this about CSK almost every year. We don’t have a good squad on paper nor a young squad but someone manage to make it to the playoffs every year.

They should have also allowed to field an extra foreigner this year cause of players dropping out due to Covid.
First time I’m saying it. Couple of years back even had a bet on here with crappy that CSK would qualify.

Your proposal doesn’t make sense. Only Indian player who is a regular who dropped out is Raina.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
First time I’m saying it. Couple of years back even had a bet on here with crappy that CSK would qualify.

Your proposal doesn’t make sense. Only Indian player who is a regular who dropped out is Raina.
Bhajji also dropped out. I didn’t mean only for CSK. I m sure other teams are affected too.

Murali Vijay
Shane Watson
Faf du Plessis
Ambati Rayudu
Kedhar Yadav
MS Dhoni
Dwayne Bravo
Ravi Jadeja
Shardul Takur
Deepak Chahar
Lungi Ndidi/Imran Tahir

Last edited:

zing

Zingle balls
Surprised no one's picked up Malan. CSK maybe?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Bhajji also dropped out. I didn’t mean only for CSK. I m sure other teams are affected too.

Murali Vijay
Shane Watson
Faf du Plessis
Ambati Rayudu
Kedhar Yadav
MS Dhoni
Dwayne Bravo
Ravi Jadeja
Shardul Takur
Deepak Chahar
Lungi Ndidi/Imran Tahir

AshRK

Have been watching his reviews and really enjoying it. Delhi are the dark horses for me. They finished 3rd last year and have added some experience to their team now. Hopefully this is their year finally (yes I am a delhi fan :p )

zing

Zingle balls
Punjab look the worst team.

I am surprised no one has picked up Malan yet as a replacement for the players pulling out.

paulscholes18

Punjab look the worst team.

I am surprised no one has picked up Malan yet as a replacement for the players pulling out.
Don’t know the rules about replacements, but as Malan wasn’t one of the players at the auction is he available to be picked up

zing

Zingle balls

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
assuming you mean CSK vs MI tomorrow, why would it not?
Thought it might be a friendly . Dunno why. Doh on me!

I think the English players will start strong but struggle later on with burn out.

zing

Zingle balls
Rohit looks very tubby!
Nothing new there

Forgot Sam Curran's playing for CSK.. be interesting to see how he goes.. one player who I don't rate at all but somehow keeps turning up with wickets for England

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Good start by MI.
MI been very ill disciplined all the way through innings. Plenty of guys got a good start but none able to convert.

Wicket looks like a really good batting track for anyone willing to bat responsibly.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Tiwari and Pollard even worse. Can’t believe pro athletes turn up like that.
Piyush Tiwary is a disgrace.

Carrying that extra weight in UAE summer heat is going to impact speed and stamina. Am surprised IPL owners allow such behaviour to go unchecked.

AshRK

Carrying that extra weight in UAE summer heat is going to impact speed and stamina. Am surprised IPL owners allow such behaviour to go unchecked.
It's wierd how 38 or 39 year old Dhoni looks one of the most fit among indian players. Piyush chawla was never the fittest guys so will not look too much into him.

Cloud7

A lot of cricketers in general seem to have a bit of tubby about them, at least more than you tend to see in other sports. In football, basketball etc pretty much everyone is lean, whereas in cricket there always seem to be a couple guys on the team that look kinda fat.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
A lot of cricketers in general seem to have a bit of tubby about them, at least more than you tend to see in other sports. In football, basketball etc pretty much everyone is lean, whereas in cricket there always seem to be a couple guys on the team that look kinda fat.
Sub continental players yeah.

Giving up rice and roti is hard man :lol:

Cloud7

Sub continental players yeah.

Giving up rice and roti is hard man :lol:
:lol:

The sub continent is like half of the teams that play international cricket, so it's an easy generalization to make of all the teams :p

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:lol:

The sub continent is like half of the teams that play international cricket, so it's an easy generalization to make of all the teams :p
I attended a charity dinner with Inzamam in London years ago.
It was a few days before an international game: his plate was 6 inches high with various kebabs, tikka's and naan :lol: