IPL 2020

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Great cameo by Sam Curran, had a very good match. Should set up Dhoni to bring it home for CSK.

Cloud7

When was the last time Dhoni was the fabled finisher? Commentators still speak about him like he’s the destroyer he used to be. Fantastic career he’s had but he’s definitely a waning force these days.

zing

Zingle balls
Great cameo by Sam Curran, had a very good match. Should set up Dhoni to bring it home for CSK.
He did. Said in the post match interview he reached only two days ago. Impressive performance.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Tie was a fair result given Stoinis and Mayank batting exploits.

Everyone loves a super over!

AshRK

Umpired fecked up by calling Jordan's 2 a short run. But still King 11 will be gutted. Delhi losing ashwin is a huge blow.

LoneStar

AB De Villiers is such a classy player. Really deserves a trophy for all his years in RCB.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I attended a charity dinner with Inzamam in London years ago.
It was a few days before an international game: his plate was 6 inches high with various kebabs, tikka's and naan :lol:
My favourite Pakistani player. I remember one match where it went to the last over, less than 6 needed, 1-2 wickets left, he's on strike, Sachin is bowling, everybody is nervous - setting the field again and again, chewing nails in the dressing room. And he's standng there chewing gum, blank expression, big stomach out, playing out dots, and won it on the last ball. He gave us hope, maybe Sachin is doing a miracle, and then casually took a single to finish it.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Bairstow pretty much cost the Sunrisers there, I know there were other mishaps but that was such a braindead moment with Chahal's last ball.

Just found out Buttler has to go through an extended quarantine as he bought his family over which means he misses the RR match tomorrow against CSK. Does spoil the match a bit!

NinjaFletch

It may well come back to haunt me, but I really don't like players like Smith opening in T20s. It strikes me as regressive thinking which still thinks that 60 (40) is a better score than 30(10). T20s aren't won by the team that has their best batsman facing the most balls but their most destructive ones, it's interesting that whilst some sides have worked that out (for example opening with Narine) others are still wasting powerplay overs.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It may well come back to haunt me, but I really don't like players like Smith opening in T20s. It strikes me as regressive thinking which still thinks that 60 (40) is a better score than 30(10). T20s aren't won by the team that has their best batsman facing the most balls but their most destructive ones, it's interesting that whilst some sides have worked that out (for example opening with Narine) others are still wasting powerplay overs.
No Buttler or Stokes is the mitigating factor?

NinjaFletch

No Buttler or Stokes is the mitigating factor?
Sure, that would obviously change things, but I don't think it's ever a good idea. Even if he ultimately catches up he's played tip and run so far, it's a waste of resources. Get your biffers on to give it a whack in the powerplay and (if they go well) he can come in when the field is back and there are more gaps to pick, or can rebuild if they don't.

I think as we go on and T20 cricket continues to develop it will be one of the things we look back on (like Boycott playing ODIs) and think 'really?'

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Sure, that would obviously change things, but I don't think it's ever a good idea. Even if he ultimately catches up he's played tip and run so far, it's a waste of resources. Get your biffers on to give it a whack in the powerplay and (if they go well) he can come in when the field is back and there are more gaps to pick, or can rebuild if they don't.

I think as we go on and T20 cricket continues to develop it will be one of the things we look back on (like Boycott playing ODIs) and think 'really?'
Generally you have a very good point, especially with Buttler and Stokes still to come in, and Samson in such brutal brilliant form.

but its working out a treat today. Smith was the perfect foil and maintained a very decent strike rate and rotated the strike while Samson was teeing off. As soon as Samson got out, Smith is leading the charge to the end of innings.

AshRK

The fact that he has only played 4 international matches is a shame. Class player who should be given more chance.

zing

Zingle balls

The fact that he has only played 4 international matches is a shame. Class player who should be given more chance.
Sanju Samson is the most over rated player in India every IPL season.

He's definitely someone who should be given chances, but any long term view of his career you take, his performance is poor.

zing

Zingle balls
Keep thinking Curran will fail and I am wrong every time.

zing

Zingle balls
damn

Finally Archer showing some of his batting skills

NinjaFletch

Generally you have a very good point, especially with Buttler and Stokes still to come in, and Samson in such brutal brilliant form.

but its working out a treat today. Smith was the perfect foil and maintained a very decent strike rate and rotated the strike while Samson was teeing off. As soon as Samson got out, Smith is leading the charge to the end of innings.
Well either way it doesn't matter when Vijay goes out and plays a knock like that. Dreadful stuff, absolute dinosaur of a T20 player.

zing

Zingle balls
Unpopular opinion - Dhoni hides away in matches where the NRR is high, and on the other hand, promotes himself when it's under control and makes easy matches look tougher, making himself look like the saviour in the end.

AshRK

Sanju Samson is the most over rated player in India every IPL season.

He's definitely someone who should be given chances, but any long term view of his career you take, his performance is poor.
How can you call him over rated when he has hardly played for India. If he is over rated then what would that make Pant.

zing

Zingle balls
How can you call him over rated when he has hardly played for India. If he is over rated then what would that make Pant.
30 average in 90 matches List A, 37 average in 55 matches in first class. Dreadful record. He starts every IPL season well and fades away.

He is very talented clearly, but he just doesn't have the numbers to show for it. I hope he has a good IPL season because he's fantastic to watch.

AshRK

30 average in 90 matches List A, 37 average in 55 matches in first class. Dreadful record. He starts every IPL season well and fades away.

He is very talented clearly, but he just doesn't have the numbers to show for it. I hope he has a good IPL season because he's fantastic to watch.
You still have to be given chances and then be judged accordingly. For his talent to have only played 4 international matches is weird. One thing he has issues is his temperament. Had some issues in ranji too where he was banned for badmouthing umpire.

zing

Zingle balls
You still have to be given chances and then be judged accordingly. For his talent to have only played 4 international matches is weird. One thing he has issues is his temperament. Had some issues in ranji too where he was banned for badmouthing umpire.
But you have to look at actual performance to give chances.. there will be 50+ players better than him statistically. It can't be based on IPL highlights. He's poor even in IPL.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Haven’t understood CSK run chase at all.
Unless they are trying to protect NRR.

zing

Zingle balls
Faf is a seriously underrated T20 batsman. Just under-rated batsman in general really. Class player