IPL 2020

AshRK

Huge win for SRH. Delhi should be disappointed. Pant again showing immaturity. Tournament nicely panning with all the teams off the mark in points table.

zing

Zingle balls
This Kiwi commentator is so annoying. Sounds like he's doing a really bad impression of someone else.
He's so horrible. Been like this since season 1. Benaud called him a brilliant T20 commentator in an interview once..

JohnnyKills

Rajpoot not really good enough to be a frontline IPL bowler. In fact the whole Royals attack isn't good enough really. They should have ignored Miller and signed another top-class bowler to go with Archer and Gopal.

AshRK

It will be a crime if indian selctors still pick dhawan. Gill shows so much class that he is making his case stronger for him to be selected.

JohnnyKills

It will be a crime if indian selctors still pick dhawan. Gill shows so much class that he is making his case stronger for him to be selected.
Agree Ash. But the big stars have a lot more power in India than they do in Eng or Aus it seems.

AshRK

Agree Ash. But the big stars have a lot more power in India than they do in Eng or Aus it seems.
It has become like that since shastri and kohli combo has taken over. Not that youngsters are not getting their chances but you could see they have loyalty towards certain individuals.

JohnnyKills

It has become like that since shastri and kohli combo has taken over. Not that youngsters are not getting their chances but you could see they have loyalty towards certain individuals.
The Dhoni situation certainly reflects that.

JohnnyKills

Feel like RR could crumble for under 100 here. Just a really sloppy performance so far.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Feel like RR could crumble for under 100 here. Just a really sloppy performance so far.
Incredibly poor batting from their top gun batters.

Smith nor Samson has any need to play those shots: run rate is manageable so get yourself in and play the long game.

sometimes I don’t get these pro

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Should retire Sharma too and commit to a genuine rebuilding job. Plenty of talent around that needs to develop without the perceived safety net of the old timers

JohnnyKills

Incredibly poor batting from their top gun batters.

Smith nor Samson has any need to play those shots: run rate is manageable so get yourself in and play the long game.

sometimes I don’t get these pro
Awful fielding too. That drop by Uttappa was ridiculous.

Can't see them winning the tournament really. Bowling attack is way too shallow. You can't score big runs every time.

Also, not sure about Smith's captaincy.

AshRK

Uthappa is one of the most brainless cricketer one can witness. What a stupid shot

AshRK

Rr luck finally running out. They were lucky archer scored thpse 4 sixes against csk and tewatia played a blinder. Too much dependent on overseas players. Can see them not making into play offs.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I will never understand batsmen that play it cool and then get out with their first proper attacking shots.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think India should go with a squad like this for next years t20i World Cup.

Rahul
Gill
Kohli
Samson
Iyer
Pant
Hardik
Jadeja
Chahal
Shami
Bumrah

Squad 15: Saini, Shaw, Agarwal, Gopal

ArmchairCritic

I think India should go with a squad like this for next years t20i World Cup.

Rahul
Gill
Kohli
Samson
Iyer
Pant
Hardik
Jadeja
Chahal
Shami
Bumrah

Squad 15: Saini, Shaw, Agarwal, Gopal
Who's keeping?

JohnnyKills

Rr luck finally running out. They were lucky archer scored thpse 4 sixes against csk and tewatia played a blinder. Too much dependent on overseas players. Can see them not making into play offs.
Agreed

ArmchairCritic

I would really like to know what the Curran boys eat for breakfast. Really nice to see a number of English cricketers excelling at this level.

I am also pretty fascinated by the KKR team composition. 4 batsmen, 2 all-rounders and 5 bowlers. Full of quicks, tricky spinners and power hitters. I'm not sure if it's a team that's intentionally flexible to create the matchup's that they want during a game or because they are not quite sure about Narine or Russell's fitness. Today they did not use Cummins and Kuldeep's full compliment of overs and Russell's bowling was not even required at all. It They could actually drop Narine for Banton if they wanted.

zing

Zingle balls
I would really like to know what the Curran boys eat for breakfast. Really nice to see a number of English cricketers excelling at this level.

I am also pretty fascinated by the KKR team composition. 4 batsmen, 2 all-rounders and 5 bowlers. Full of quicks, tricky spinners and power hitters. I'm not sure if it's a team that's intentionally flexible to create the matchup's that they want during a game or because they are not quite sure about Narine or Russell's fitness. Today they did not use Cummins and Kuldeep's full compliment of overs and Russell's bowling was not even required at all. It They could actually drop Narine for Banton if they wanted.
That is a good call and one they should do on current form. Batting is a bit lightweight, and Narine seems to be leaking runs.

NinjaFletch

They're definitely the most modern thinking side in the IPL. Probably one accumulater too many (personally I think Gill and Rana are the two I'd go with but Karthik's form was decent last season) and the form of Narine with bat and ball is a worry.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Mumbai innings going nowhere.

Kishan eaten balls like he just broke a fast.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
KL made a pigs ear on final overs bowling choices.

Why is Neesham and especially Gowtham bowling the final overs?

ArmchairCritic

190 from absolutely nowhere.
Love Mumbai's middle order. There was some talk in this thread about KL Rahul as India captain, having an off-spinner bowl the 20th over to Pandya & Pollard will probably be amongst the worst captaincy calls of the tournament.

zing

Zingle balls
Love Mumbai's middle order. There was some talk in this thread about KL Rahul as India captain, having an off-spinner bowl the 20th over to Pandya & Pollard will probably be amongst the worst captaincy calls of the tournament.
Their Indian picks are all top class - all player for Indian national team or well known on the domestic circuit.

Punjab do so poorly at auctions with international players. I feel like each foreign pick should target to win you 1-2 games a season. I just can't imagine Neesham or Cottrell doing that.

NinjaFletch

Why isn't where it pitched the first thing they check in DRS review for lbw?

Spend minutes fecking around watching the ball be miles away from the bat and then it doesn't matter anyway.

zing

Zingle balls
Maxwell's like one of those players I always hear about but never see play well..

ArmchairCritic

I take it Danny Morrison just missed Maxwell scoring a hundred vs England like 2 weeks ago? Maxwell's career in a nutshell really, sheer brilliance followed by sustained periods of averageness.