IPL 2020

zing

Zingle balls
That's not really developing players though. If Shane Watson gets runs for them at age 38 then csk didn't really develop him did they
Du Plessis found his groove at CSK when he was mid 20s and went on to become a very good player. Is that developing him?

I am sure Du Plessis would've been a good player regardless, but you just have to look at all the other IPL teams that pick seemingly good players who repeatedly fail, versus a number of CSK players who play well and go on to play for country.

Deepak Chahar is another good example. He was prolific for Rajasthan when they won Ranji but it was under Dhoni/Fleming that he started playing for India and developed into such a good bowler.

JohnnyKills

If Stokes is batting at the top then there's no need for Smith in this Rajasthan team really.

They should get rid in the off-season and go for another wicket-taking bowler. Even one of the English lads like Mahmood or Stone would be a good shout, not to mention somelike like Stanlake or Ferguson.

AshRK

Delhi's injury woes costing them big time. Rahane should be no where near the team. Hetmyer is being missed. Now iyer also injured, hopefully not too serious.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
RR made a complete dogs dinner of what should have been a comfortable run chase.
Weird when their batting line up looks so solid on paper. Stokes Buttler and Smith all culpable.

Amazing also how Delhi won that from 16 overs. Big boss team.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Delhi's injury woes costing them big time. Rahane should be no where near the team. Hetmyer is being missed. Now iyer also injured, hopefully not too serious.
Mishra & Ishant would have been good options to have as well. Need to somehow squeeze a couple more wins and then rest people

AshRK

Mishra & Ishant would have been good options to have as well. Need to somehow squeeze a couple more wins and then rest people
Today was a huge win and a exhibition of pace bowling. I feel by winning today delhi have almost booked their place in playoffs but need to make sure they are in top 2.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Am very puzzled by RCB approach, esp after a decent power play start.

If Rahul Agarwal Gayle Pooran Maxwell fire, they could chase down anything in Sharjah.

AshRK

Yes it's a good idea to have your best hitter play as little as possible, then people wonder how come RCB have won 0 IPL.

AshRK

Yes Rahul is a orange cap holder but he has to pick up his innings.

MDFC Manager

Neither team really wanted to win this :lol:

How shite are RCB, both their losses to the bottom side :D

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
RCB and Punjab trying to out stupid one another. Who on earth tries to hide AB fecking De Villiers :lol: .

Skills

Snitch
KL Rahul was playing for his not out.

Was on 58/40 at one point and ended up with 61/49

Skills

Snitch
If you remove that 132 off 69 balls, KL Rahul has a SR of 118 in the rest of his innings - and he still would've faced the most balls out of anyone else in the IPL.

AshRK

If you remove that 132 off 69 balls, KL Rahul has a SR of 118 in the rest of his innings - and he still would've faced the most balls out of anyone else in the IPL.
One of the most useless orange cap holder in the IPL history. The guy was not able to time in the 20th over too.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
KL Rahul was playing for his not out.

Was on 58/40 at one point and ended up with 61/49
One of the most useless orange cap holder in the IPL history. The guy was not able to time in the 20th over too.
To be fair, had Punjab not royally fecked up so many matches they’d have been right near the top of the table. They’ve effectively been playing with three batsmen before tonight with the openers and Pooran. Having no support from the middle must be in the back of his mind when batting.

zing

Zingle balls
Morgan to captain KKR. Supposedly Steven Smith will be replaced as well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Something wrong with the energy or aura of the KKR team.

Can’t quite place it but they don’t inspire anything inside me

AshRK

Something wrong with the energy or aura of the KKR team.

Can’t quite place it but they don’t inspire anything inside me
They have been quite fortunate to be with 8 points and in 4th place. Punjab and csk bottling against them has helped their cause a lot.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They have been quite fortunate to be with 8 points and in 4th place. Punjab and csk bottling against them has helped their cause a lot.
Good point. Those 2 fortunate results give them a false sense of success. They are the inverse of KXIP’s misfortune.

AshRK

Good point. Those 2 fortunate results give them a false sense of success. They are the inverse of KXIP’s misfortune.
This is why I think the 4th position is still up for grabs. I still won't rule out CSK to steal that spot and go to playoffs

AshRK

So excluding this match KKR/Mumbai have faced each other 26 times and Mumbai have won 20 times. Crazy record. Today it will be 21st victory for them over KKR. KKR must hate the sight of MI.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So excluding this match KKR/Mumbai have faced each other 26 times and Mumbai have won 20 times. Crazy record. Today it will be 21th victory for them over KKR. KKR must hate the sight of MI.
:lol:

Hard to see beyond a Mumbai Delhi final right now. These two sides are consistently playing at a different level to the other six.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Rajasthan vs Bangalore will be a fun game tomorrow.

Given that KKR just lost, if RR can win tomorrow, 3rd and 4th place becomes very competitive.

(RR is my team :D )

Last edited:

AshRK

Cummins has been the biggest disappointment this season. 15 crore down the drain.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Cummins has been the biggest disappointment this season. 15 crore down the drain.
Insanely bad investment. Especially when you could have picked up someone like Woakes or Wood for a lot cheaper.

Cummins needs slips, attacking fields and longer spells to be effective