IPL 2020

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Might sound harsh on rahane but he doesn't add anything to this lineup. When you go from pant to rahane in t20s you automatically become weaker.
also lose ability to pick Hetmyer
How serious is Pant injury?

AshRK

also lose ability to pick Pooran
How serious is Pant injury?
Read initially that it wasn't that serious and he would be back soon but strange he has been out for 3 games now. Hopefully back soon.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Read initially that it wasn't that serious and he would be back soon but strange he has been out for 3 games now. Hopefully back soon.
Looks like Dhawan has stepped up to fill the gap. Been immense last 2 games

zing

Zingle balls
Delhi are doing an incredible chase here. Dhawan has been brilliant.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
How many lives do CSK want to give Dhawan?
Thrown away their chance for play off

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Delhi are doing an incredible chase here. Dhawan has been brilliant.
He has been dropped 3 times :lol:

But very good chase so far they have not allowed RR to go up at all, consistently getting 8-10 runs every over. But CSK can still pull this off, I would not want Axar or Ashwin batting to try to get some quick runs.

Cloud7

Is Jadeja the best fielder of this generation? I struggle to think of many better than him

SinNombre

Missing a few Sri Lankan’s from that list :lol:
Few Sri lankans ?? :lol:

Ponting and Gilchrist would be ahead of any Sri Lankans at 5 and 6 in my book.

Jayasuriya, Sanga and Dhoni would in the next tier but likely in the top 10.

We are talking about batting GOATs here.

SinNombre

Jadeja in the last over is a Dhoni masterstroke, great captaincy to give DC the win.

AshRK

Don't often say this but what a stupid captaincy by dhoni. Bowling jadeja for the final.over when you have bravo.

AshRK

Brilliant winnnn. Thanks dhawan for your beautiful innings and thanks dhoni for giving jadeja the final over

Sanche7

Apparently bravo was off the field
Anyway Dhoni is not good enough IMO, his captaincy ain't what it used to be, his batting is nowhere near good enough. He's simply living on his past reputation.

zing

Zingle balls
Apparently bravo was off the field
Anyway Dhoni is not good enough IMO, his captaincy ain't what it used to be, his batting is nowhere near good enough. He's simply living on his past reputation.
Nothing wrong with his captaincy..

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Few Sri lankans ?? :lol:

Ponting and Gilchrist would be ahead of any Sri Lankans at 5 and 6 in my book.

Jayasuriya, Sanga and Dhoni would in the next tier but likely in the top 10.

We are talking about batting GOATs here.
Sanga and Jayasuriya are GOATs backed up by trophies, stats and influence in advancing the game.

Sanche7

Well CSK has fewer points than everyone except KXIP who have a game in hand. Raina was a big loss but when you go from losing the final on the last ball to the bottom of the table, questions will have to be asked about Dhoni and his captaincy

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Decisions in cricket can be judged by the direct consequence.

Bowling Jadeja for final over was a horrific and bad call by MS.
Just like Smith not choosing Archer for 19th over in previous game.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Suprised Lockie Ferguson had to wait this long to get a game, express pace is so important in this format.

Interval

Level
Suprised Lockie Ferguson had to wait this long to get a game, express pace is so important in this format.
He's been very good. Kolkata have a really good team - Kuldeep, Narine, Ferguson, Varun in bowling and Morgan, Russell in batting is a strong spine.

Get rid of Cummins and add Narine to this and the line up will be perfect for slower conditions

Varun

Staff
Most bizarre thing I've ever seen on a cricket field. Guy pulled his hammy and is WALKING 5 steps to bowl dollies to Warner. Absolutely mental. Mcculum and whoever decided this should be sacked on principle.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Most bizarre thing I've ever seen on a cricket field. Guy pulled his hammy and is WALKING 5 steps to bowl dollies to Warner. Absolutely mental. Mcculum and whoever decided this should be sacked on principle.
The captaincy from very experienced players in the last couple of days has been questionable to say the least. Risking a long term injury just for him to walk in and roll his arm over.

AshRK

Kkr's obsession with Russel is weird. Warner would be gutted he didn't win the game like abd did for rcb.

zing

Zingle balls
I am not one for the conspiracy crowd but that was the most fixed looking thing.
He bowled a no ball at that. The whole thing was so bizarre even Danny Morrison forgot to be annoying.

Varun

Staff
The captaincy from very experienced players in the last couple of days has been questionable to say the least. Risking a long term injury just for him to walk in and roll his arm over.
That was Mcculum's call. No idea how honeys Russell was with him during their discussion but they showed the long chat where the call was made. Morgan pretty much was just told he's good to bowl and gave the ball to him.
I am not one for the conspiracy crowd but that was the most fixed looking thing.
He bowled a no ball at that. The whole thing was so bizarre even Danny Morrison forgot to be annoying.
Yep, absolutely incredible

AshRK

I don't know about no ball but I can give a slight benefit of doubt to KKR for having russel bowl considering you had csk get punished yesterday for having spinner defend 17 runs. Having said that KKR's obsession with Russell is weird

NinjaFletch

fecking hell that match lasted for ages as well. I suppose the genie is out of the bottle with time outs, but they need to do something to make these games quicker.

AshRK

fecking hell that match lasted for ages as well. I suppose the genie is out of the bottle with time outs, but they need to do something to make these games quicker.
Absolutely agree. Almost a 4 and a half hour match is just unacceptable. Umpires need to sort the unnecessary brakes and also they need to cut out one strategic break.