IPL 2020

zing

Zingle balls
Just caught the last two overs. Why does Karthik Tyagi think wide half tracker is a good idea? He did this last match too.

JohnnyKills

Just caught the last two overs. Why does Karthik Tyagi think wide half tracker is a good idea? He did this last match too.
Not sure. What's clear though is that RR need a major rethink in the off-season.

They've got three expensive batsman all jostling for the same spot in Smith, Stokes and Samson, but they only have one genuine top-class bowler. Even if Archer does some damage, the batting team can still make a big score.

Assuming they can't get a big hitter like Starc or Ferguson, someone like Mahmood might be a good option for next season.

zing

Zingle balls
Not sure. What's clear though is that RR need a major rethink in the off-season.

They've got three expensive batsman all jostling for the same spot in Smith, Stokes and Samson, but they only have one genuine top-class bowler. Even if Archer does some damage, the batting team can still make a big score.

Assuming they can't get a big hitter like Starc or Ferguson, someone like Mahmood might be a good option for next season.
You've been saying this all season -- agree though. Their team selection sucks. Not only the 4-5 big spots that you mentioned, their support cast of the likes Parag, Rajpoot/Unadkat, Tewatia, Uthappa is the poorest in the league and that's a big part of why they're struggling.

JohnnyKills

You've been saying this all season -- agree though. Their team selection sucks. Not only the 4-5 big spots that you mentioned, their support cast of the likes Parag, Rajpoot/Unadkat, Tewatia, Uthappa is the poorest in the league and that's a big part of why they're struggling.
I know, I'm a broken record! Just so frustrating!

JohnnyKills

MI look so well-balanced though. A core of really good Indian players which enables them to be very selective about the foreign stars they recruit. Will be hard to beat in the play-offs.

AshRK

So the real ben stokes have finally stood up this IPL. Maybe a bit late but they may have a chance as their next 2 games is against Punjab and Kolkata

JohnnyKills

So the real ben stokes have finally stood up this IPL. Maybe a bit late but they may have a chance as their next 2 games is against Punjab and Kolkata
Wow. Buzzing!

Surely Stokes and Buttler should open next time. Smith at 3, Samson at 4 and then any combination of all-rounders.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I missed Stokes innings :( Anyone know of a stream source or upload of the entire innings? (ie not highlights)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Junk Smith and replace with Starc
Stokes as captain, Buttler as vice captain. (Smith's captaincy has also been appalling)

Would make them so much stronger.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Tewatia has done really well as a batter and bowler. I'd never heard of him before that innings in Sharjah!

zing

Zingle balls
Varun Chakravarthy has been called up for the India team. Meteoric rise.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Punjab’s decision to bench Gayle for so many early games is truly baffling and may be what costs then top 4. He’s been amazing since he was picked

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
KxiP were rooted at bottom of table just a few games ago.
Then finally selected Gayle and are now the IPL form team winning 5 on the bounce!

Predictions for top 4?:

I think: 1) Delhi, 2) Mumbai, 3)Bangalore and 4) Punjab

Rajasthan will play a massive role in deciding and could even sneak in themselves

AshRK

Delhi have to win tomorrow or they might be in trouble as their finak two games are against RCB and mumbai. Punjab have done a remarkable job. If they don't finish in top 4, I would be hugely surprised. What a turnaround for them.

Cloud7

Brilliant charge from KXI in the last few games. Love to see it. Any team that has Gayle, Nicky P and Maxwell in it will always have my support, even if I don’t actually strongly back any team in the IPL.

JohnnyKills

Delhi have to win tomorrow or they might be in trouble as their finak two games are against RCB and mumbai. Punjab have done a remarkable job. If they don't finish in top 4, I would be hugely surprised. What a turnaround for them.
Can see them winning it.

Nickelodeon

It's been a topsy turvy season as a KXIP supporter. From winning 1 in the first 7 to winning 5 consecutively. And the 6 losses have some absolute clangers like failing to make 1 from 3 balls against DC, having 228 chased by RR who can't bat to save their lives most days and the painful 1 mm loss against KKR. Some wins too which should've been simple enough, MI (super over) and RCB last ball six by Pooran, were nail biting.

Punjab has a very Arsenal like loser mentality vibe which is why I still expect us to throw it away now when there's real hope.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Mark Nicholas to Sangakarra re a Look Back In Anger reference.

" Are you an Oasis or John Osborne fan?"
Sanga: I used to be Oasis till I found out they were Man City fans.
Nicholas: So you're Utd?
Sanga: My blood is red!

:lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Said it last week that DC were not going to make the playoffs and they have proved me right. What a dumb performance all around tonight , had a huge nrr buffer which they have completely thrown away in two games . Now need a win against Mi / Rcb to qualify

AshRK

Shambolic performance and now the NRR is also below RCB. Delhi are the only side who could be in top 2 till the 11th game and even then finish outside top 4.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Shambolic performance and now the NRR is also below RCB. Delhi are the only side who could be in top 2 till the 11th game and even then finish outside top 4.
Delhi seem to have self harmed themselves into a destructive run of form, of which I’m not sure how they get out of. Massive test for Iyer’s leadership skills.

JohnnyKills

RCB just don’t have enough firepower if the big guns fail, hard to see them winning the tournament for that reason.
They don't have many wicket-takers either. Everyone talks about Kohli and de Villiers but apart from that they're pretty lightweight (Chahal excepted).

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
They don't have many wicket-takers either. Everyone talks about Kohli and de Villiers but apart from that they're pretty lightweight (Chahal excepted).
Morris has been pretty decent since his comeback.

Painful to see one of the all time greats in Dale Steyn struggle so much in t20s, especially in the IPL.

AshRK

Brilliant knock by suryakumar. Mumbai are something else when it comes to crunch games.

Rcb are in the same boat as delhi now. Lose to Srh next game and delhi rcb could be a knockout.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Brilliant knock by suryakumar. Mumbai are something else when it comes to crunch games.

Rcb are in the same boat as delhi now. Lose to Srh next game and delhi rcb could be a knockout.
Difference was 17th over bowler for both teams.

Bumrah bowls a double wicket maiden taking out RCB set batsman.
Styen kept bowling wides and look scared bowling at Hardik.