IPL 2021

MDFC Manager

They will win few more games here and there and only to finish 3rd. Then getting knocked out in the 3rd/4th eliminator. Rinse repeat for them shall continue.
Yup, absolutely nailed on that is going to be the outcome.

Skills

Snitch
Horribly scratchy innings by Pant. I hope the captaincy isn't blunting Pant the destructive batsman

AshRK

Huge win this for RCB. A loss would have dented their morale big time. Poor innings by Pant. Hopefully not another instance of captaincy making a player conservative. Saw with rahul.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They will win few more games here and there and only to finish 3rd. Then getting knocked out in the 3rd/4th eliminator. Rinse repeat for them shall continue.
Strange stat (might be wrong, just did a quick check) RCB made 3 finals, which is more than any other team except CSK and Mumbai.

LoneStar

Kohli needs to pick up some form and step up. While our bowling is still not great, we have enough to beat any team on our day. We can't keep relying on ABD to bail us out.

Also, our fielding recently has been abysmal. Dropped catches, conceding runs, and giving away run outs. Need to fix this asap.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Great game and good of RCB to see out a tight match, bowling second. Great final over by Siraj and kudos to Hetmeyr with a gem of an innings. Didn’t deserve to lose that.

LoneStar

Strange stat (might be wrong, just did a quick check) RCB made 3 finals, which is more than any other team except CSK and Mumbai.
We lost two to SRH and one to Chennai I think. And two of those from comfortable winning positions too, we have done extremely poorly in the finals.

AshRK

I think they always bottle it when it matters the most. Last season too they were doing well and then at the business end of the tournament lost their form to finish 3rd or 4th. I feel this win against DC is huge . Rcb could do the magic this year but their closest rival in csk are also having a good season.

roonster09

Scout
We lost two to SRH and one to Chennai I think. And two of those from comfortable winning positions too, we have done extremely poorly in the finals.
The one vs Deccan Chargers in 2009 still hurts, we were in comfortable position and then one over completely changed the game.

roonster09

Scout
I think they always bottle it when it matters the most. Last season too they were doing well and then at the business end of the tournament lost their form to finish 3rd or 4th. I feel this win against DC is huge . Rcb could do the magic this year but their closest rival in csk are also having a good season.
Yeah, we always relied on Kohli, ABD, Gayle to bail us out. We had worst bowling attack almost every year. This is the year I think we have good bowlers but Kohli always find a way to feck this up with weird team selections.

AshRK

Kohli needs to pick up some form and step up. While our bowling is still not great, we have enough to beat any team on our day. We can't keep relying on ABD to bail us out.

Also, our fielding recently has been abysmal. Dropped catches, conceding runs, and giving away run outs. Need to fix this asap.
I feel padikkal is very important for rcb. He is someone who can take the pressure of kohli and abd. As @roonster09 points out, I still see kohli messing up with his captaincy or selection at a crunch time but this could be a good year for them break their duck. Csk will be their biggest threat.

As a delhi fan I hope DC wins it but can't see it happening with iyer and Ashwin both out from the tournament. Pant's batting seems to be affected with this captaincy pressure. And rabada stoinis look well short of their true self. Would still do enough to reach the play offs but winning seems too big a task.

LoneStar

I feel padikkal is very important for rcb. He is someone who can take the pressure of kohli and abd. As @roonster09 points out, I still see kohli messing up with his captaincy or selection at a crunch time but this could be a good year for them break their duck. Csk will be their biggest threat.

As a delhi fan I hope DC wins it but can't see it happening with iyer and Ashwin both out from the tournament. Pant's batting seems to be affected with this captaincy pressure. And rabada stoinis look well short of their true self. Would still do enough to reach the play offs but winning seems too big a task.
Yeah Paddikal is doing his job well, taking pressure off Kohli and letting him settle in. We saw this play out perfectly against KKR.

However Kohli doesn't seem to be his usual self at all. For RCB, I don't have the usual confidence I have with him for India and IPL before. Feels like he could get out at any ball now.

gorky_utd

It is criminal that BCCI is spending millions on this circus whereas they have done nothing to ease the pressure on health workers. Patt Cummins has done more than useless Kohli and other shit millionaire Indian cricketers. Franchise owners, Bollywood 'stars', master in ICC failure Kohli doesn't care about common Indian people. Atleast wait till the situation improves. People are literally dying because lack of resources whereas this people's are living in a secured bubble.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It is criminal that BCCI is spending millions on this circus whereas they have done nothing to ease the pressure on health workers. Patt Cummins has done more than useless Kohli and other shit millionaire Indian cricketers. Franchise owners, Bollywood 'stars', master in ICC failure Kohli doesn't care about common Indian people. Atleast wait till the situation improves. People are literally dying because lack of resources whereas this people's are living in a secured bubble.
Yeah I can understand and support this sentiment. On the bolded bit, what has Cummins done? I like to hear good stories.

LoneStar

That was terrible pacing from RCB, 60 runs in 10 overs, while chasing that score was shocking. Kohli has been shit for RCB for a long time now. Needs to get his shit together.

Tiber

Wild that cricket is still being played while India is in such a crisis.

AshRK

Don't think they are related. And it's probably one of the few good things people can look forward to, with all the gloom everywhere else.
And also the fact that many players and franchise are donating money IPL is least of the concern. It's like saying let us stop football because there is covid crisis.

Skills

Snitch
Why does krunal come in ahead of Hardik? It's Hardik who's the international level all-rounder, yet it's his brother who bowls more than him and gets sent higher up the order?

Skills

Snitch
Ngidi went for 62 - is that the most expensive spell ever in the IPL?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Damn, what a game. I had to follow it on my phone with ball by ball updates and it was still brilliant.