IPL 2021

Skills

Snitch
How does Rahul have almost a guaranteed opening spot for the Indian T20 team?

There were 3 Indian openers in just today's match that are better than him.

zing

Zingle balls
Think that RCB bowling is going to get pummeled once they move out of Chennai

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How does Rahul have almost a guaranteed opening spot for the Indian T20 team?

There were 3 Indian openers in just today's match that are better than him.
Cos his international T20 record is actually very good? 39 average with 140 SR.

Anyways he's dropped right now.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Think that RCB bowling is going to get pummeled once they move out of Chennai
But their batting will be even more effective then. They can play Finn Allen at three too.

Allen, Maxwell, AbD is a ridiculous middle order.

iKnowNothing

RCB played just 3 foreign players yesterday (Maxwell, AB and Jamieson), so there is room for them to try and improve their bowling/batting by bringing in someone like Zampa, Dan Christian or Allen.
I’m guessing they should be able to make the playoffs quite easily this time around.

zing

Zingle balls
Not seen all the matches, but anyone else think Jamieson looks very average and is going to get carted around?

AshRK

Csk bat till number 11 if we include chahar who is decent with bat.:eek:

AshRK

Dhoni may have lost his batting skills but he is still one of the best tacticians.

prateik

Definitely not out.. If Pandya was in the air (no ground), that ball would have slipped out and fallen down.. He picked it up off the ground.

AshRK

Huge win for Delhi. Good that they didn't bring the daredevil version in the final overs.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Eoin Morgan having a poor IPL so far he just can't get going. Liam Livingstone has withdrawn from the IPL citing bubble fatigue.

iKnowNothing

Eoin Morgan has not lived up to the expectations in the past few games. If he continues to fail with the bat in the next couple of games, does he deserve the overseas slot for being a good captain?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Eoin Morgan has not lived up to the expectations in the past few games. If he continues to fail with the bat in the next couple of games, does he deserve the overseas slot for being a good captain?
I'd say probably not as they can get DK or someone else to captain and bring in a performing player.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
To be honest I never understood why IPL teams don't have Indian players as captains all round. You have a limited amount of overseas slots and form is extremely important in a tournament that is a short space of time.

RiqCantona

Definitely not. Overseas spots are limited as it is... if he's not scoring runs, he's taking the space of someone who would! DK can captain the side if required.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
RCB have a very capable bowling attack to win them the competition this year in my opinion. I have always been a big fan of grandmaster Chahal.

JohnnyKills

Brainless from Buttler and brainless from RR. Why put your most valuable batsman up against the opposition's best bowler? Give Siraj to Vohra and reduce the risk of Buttler getting out early.

JohnnyKills

Don't know how he still plays in IPL. Remember punjab once retained him for 9 crores :lol:
Agree. That's my point. Why did RR let him face Jamieson and give Siraj to Buttler? If he just sees out two overs, that's ok.

AshRK

Agree. That's my point. Why did RR let him face Jamieson and give Siraj to Buttler? If he just sees out two overs, that's ok.
Horrendous management. I feel Buttler can be pushed down the order considering stokes is not there.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
RR's favorites to end this season bottom of the log? Stokes injury was a big blow to them.
They were consigned to bottom place as soon as Archer pulled out, who knows if he will play any of it now.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Their planning seems terrible, particularly around the batting.
Yeah outside of Butler, no one really strikes fear into the opposition.
They were consigned to bottom place as soon as Archer pulled out, who knows if he will play any of it now.
Injuries and withdrawals definitely hasn’t helped. That being said, they’ve said recovered decently here.