IPL 2021

AshRK

Mumbai chennai never disappoints. What an innings by Pollard. Mumbai again showing why they are 5 time champions. Too many match winners.

My top 4 this season would be
Csk
Delhi
Mumbai
Rcb

JohnnyKills

Is it going to be played again later in the year?

Can only assume that's going to cause a meltdown in the international game. Most of the international boards have cleared this window specifically for the IPL. They won't be happy if their players turn around and ask for more time off later in the year.

AshRK

Is it going to be played again later in the year?

Can only assume that's going to cause a meltdown in the international game. Most of the international boards have cleared this window specifically for the IPL. They won't be happy if their players turn around and ask for more time off later in the year.
Yes it will be a challenge to find in a window for IPL later this year. The good thing is with almost half of the tournament already done they can complete the tournament with another 20 day window. So maybe after the t20 wc we might see it happen.

JohnnyKills

Yes it will be a challenge to find in a window for IPL later this year. The good thing is with almost half of the tournament already done they can complete the tournament with another 20 day window. So maybe after the t20 wc we might see it happen.
Think that's when the Ashes starts though isn't it...

Might struggle to get Buttler, Cummins, Smith etc.

AshRK

Think that's when the Ashes starts though isn't it...

Might struggle to get Buttler, Cummins, Smith etc.
Yes it will be difficult to expect all the overseas players available even if that if for a short window.

AshRK

Why didn't they have it in the UAE again?
Ganguly's and BCCI top officials ego to prove that they can host an event during a pandemic. The fact that 50000 plus crowd was allowed in test matches tells you everything.

zing

Zingle balls
It's back in a week's time. Did not catch much of it in the first half as it felt like an extended run from the November one(which I saw a lot of).

Looking forward to it. Can't remember a thing about who played how -- just remember CSK were good.

Bairstow, Malan and Woakes have pulled out last minute.

iKnowNothing

T Natarajan from SRH tests positive for Covid and yet the game will go on. I thought some of the players were scared for Covid due to which they didn’t want to go ahead with the fifth test.

zing

Zingle balls
T Natarajan from SRH tests positive for Covid and yet the game will go on. I thought some of the players were scared for Covid due to which they didn’t want to go ahead with the fifth test.
Yup.. pretty hypocritical this

JohnnyKills

Couple of thoughts:

1. Can't see England winning the WC on these pitches. India surely massive favourites.
2. Why do the broadcasters refer to Livingstone as a 'bat-only' option when he's bowled for England ffs?

JohnnyKills

Yup.. pretty hypocritical this
It's ridiculous mate. As a Lancashire fan it makes me furious... they didn't fancy staying another week and risking the IPL contracts so they fecked over a club whose entire financial year hinges on that test match.

The BCCI earns over $500 million a year. Least they can do is reimburse Lancashire's losses as a goodwill gesture (and play the test next year).