IPL 2021

zing

Zingle balls
It's ridiculous mate. As a Lancashire fan it makes me furious... they didn't fancy staying another week and risking the IPL contracts so they fecked over a club whose entire financial year hinges on that test match.

The BCCI earns over $500 million a year. Least they can do is reimburse Lancashire's losses as a goodwill gesture (and play the test next year).
Agreed

JohnnyKills

I know about livingstone only through this thread praising him. I haven’t seen another player score only 5 runs with such consistency
He can be very destructive but seems the slower pitches don't really suit him. Plus he's under massive scrutiny after those innings against Pakistan.

AshRK

It's ridiculous mate. As a Lancashire fan it makes me furious... they didn't fancy staying another week and risking the IPL contracts so they fecked over a club whose entire financial year hinges on that test match.

The BCCI earns over $500 million a year. Least they can do is reimburse Lancashire's losses as a goodwill gesture (and play the test next year).
I never understood this stance. Why should BCCI or IPL take all the blame. BCCI specifically requested ECB to prepone the test series by a week or two. And it could have been done as both England and India crickets were not playing other international matches (India sent a B squad to Lanka). But ECB prioritized the hundred and wanted it to have a sole attention for a week or two (and they have a right to do it). So truth is both the boards prioritized their own interests. I feel this could and should have been avoided but to just blame BCCI when ECB knew about IPL fixtures is wrong. Both the boards were selfish.

JohnnyKills

I never understood this stance. Why should BCCI or IPL take all the blame. BCCI specifically requested ECB to prepone the test series by a week or two. And it could have been done as both England and India crickets were not playing other international matches (India sent a B squad to Lanka). But ECB prioritized the hundred and wanted it to have a sole attention for a week or two (and they have a right to do it). So truth is both the boards prioritized their own interests. I feel this could and should have been avoided but to just blame BCCI when ECB knew about IPL fixtures is wrong. Both the boards were selfish.
Get what you're saying Ash, the ECB certainly has its faults. But whatever misgivings India may have had, they still signed off the itinerary and should have gone through with it. Cancelling at literally the last minute was the worst thing they could have done.

zing

Zingle balls
They’re two different events. The players pulled out of the last test saying worries about the COVID situation and the ipl had the same exact situation with srh, nothing came to a stop.

AshRK

They’re two different events. The players pulled out of the last test saying worries about the COVID situation and the ipl had the same exact situation with srh, nothing came to a stop.
But the players did pull out in earlier phase when the likes of ashwin preferred to be with this family. This is why BCCI requested ECB to start the series a bit early as they knew the gap between the final test and IPL was very less. Again I don't expect ECB to agree with BCCI's requests but then let us not just say it's all IPL or BCCI's fault. The players and the board had full right to decide what's best for them just like ECB had full right to prioritize the hundred. As I said both the boards were selfish.

JohnnyKills

But the players did pull out in earlier phase when the likes of ashwin preferred to be with this family. This is why BCCI requested ECB to start the series a bit early as they knew the gap between the final test and IPL was very less. Again I don't expect ECB to agree with BCCI's requests but then let us not just say it's all IPL or BCCI's fault. The players and the board had full right to decide what's best for them just like ECB had full right to prioritize the hundred. As I said both the boards were selfish.
Whatever the ECB did, the BCCI should have refused to play a fifth test from the start. Leaving it until the day of the game to cancel, without a legitimate reason, was the most selfish thing they could have done.

AshRK

Whatever the ECB did, the BCCI should have refused to play a fifth test from the start. Leaving it until the day of the game to cancel, without a legitimate reason, was the most selfish thing they could have done.
Yes it should have been handled better. Why leave it till the last moment. But you also have to realize the gap between fourth and fifth test was very less so maybe indian players thought they could play but their staff members were affected. Read somewhere they were doing therapy sessions on their own. Can't blame the players to risk everything and go to quarantine and miss out on IPL which would or could have impacted their preparation for t20 wc.

JohnnyKills

Yes it should have been handled better. Why leave it till the last moment. But you also have to realize the gap between fourth and fifth test was very less so maybe indian players thought they could play but their staff members were affected. Read somewhere they were doing therapy sessions on their own. Can't blame the players to risk everything and go to quarantine and miss out on IPL which would or could have impacted their preparation for t20 wc.
As i said initially, if the BCCI just refunded the cost I'm sure most of the Lancs and England fans would forget it. It's nothing to the BCCI and massive for the club they've affected.

AshRK

With the mega auction happening delhi will be the major loser. They must win it this year. They have had some good performances in last 3 seasons including this. Surely a trophy to their name would be brilliant.

AshRK

What a choke job by delhi. Getting spanked by uthappa and dhoni in 2021.

iKnowNothing

Some poor captaincy in managing bowlers by Pant. Dhoni will get the credit but DC got done by Utappa and Ruturaj. Dhoni’s comments in post match presser where he said his (Dhoni’s) innings was crucial, was a surprise (to me).

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Pant is just captaincy material yet, they want him to be face of the franchise hence they have stuck with him even after Iyer has come back.

AshRK

Poor captaincy there by Kohli. Why bowl your medium pacer to narine especially when he hates playing against spin.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
KKR are a genuinely strong team. And Morgan is a fabulous captain. My pick for the title.

sport2793

Always the same suspects in the final, it's basically either these two teams or MI.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Supporting Delhi has been such a painful ride,initially at least I had United to feel better about but now they are even worse than Delhi. Hate sport

zing

Zingle balls
Every batsman has played beautifully. Absolutely smashing it

JohnnyKills

Obviously England won't do it but i'd bat Moeen at 3 in the World Cup. Man in form and all that

Roy
Buttler
Moeen
Bairstow
Morgan
Livingstone
Woakes
Jordan
Wood
Rashid
Mills

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Obviously England won't do it but i'd bat Moeen at 3 in the World Cup. Man in form and all that

Roy
Buttler
Moeen
Bairstow
Morgan
Livingstone
Woakes
Jordan
Wood
Rashid
Mills
How long is Archer injured for?

Also, Morgan’s been in terrible form with the bat. Good lineup with some destructive hitters in there. Maybe Vince has a chance?