Iran v US confrontation

Van Gaalacticos

That was actually strongly debated at the time. The problem was that they didn’t have spare nukes, the couple they had had just been made and had to be transported out there. If they had tested in an empty area and it hadn’t had any positive response (which it wouldn’t have, given that the Japanese didn’t immediately surrender after Hiroshima) then they’d have been left with a single bomb left and no guarantee that it would even make it to its target. You have to remember that thousands of allied servicemen were dying each day, and vast numbers of POWs were at risk of imminent execution at any moment. This wasn’t a thoughtless act, it was something fiercely debated and only decided upon when they decided they had to better option.
Hear hear. Well said Kentonio!!!

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
@Kentonio

There is always solutions. Bomb a militar base, nos civilians. 1 in a populated area, one not, etc...Sure they had more than 2

And it the end it looks like that. Apparently US is the only one that have the right to have nukes to save on lifes in an invasion for their interests, but other countries can't have them of their interests, basically because US interests are the "good" interests and the others interests are the "bad" interests. That is how it works, right?

Anyway, @Van Gaalacticos, the situation is simply retarded. If your goal is avoid Iran to have nukes, pulling out of the JPOA is the worst case scenario because it was preventing precisely that, all experts said so.

Van Gaalacticos

@Kentonio

There is always solutions. Bomb a militar base, nos civilians. 1 in a populated area, one not, etc...Sure they had more than 2

And it the end it looks like that. Apparently US is the only one that have the right to have nukes to save on lifes in an invasion for their interests, but other countries can't have them of their interests, basically because US interests are the "good" interests and the others interests are the "bad" interests. That is how it works, right?

Anyway, @Van Gaalacticos, the situation is simply retarded. If your goal is avoid Iran to have nukes, pulling out of the JPOA is the worst case scenario because it was preventing precisely that, all experts said so.
Depends on the information Trump has that's contrary to the information the so called experts have. If the deal that was in place exacerbated the situation then Trump was correct in my opinion.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Depends on the information Trump has that's contrary to the information the so called experts have. If the deal that was in place exacerbated the situation then Trump was correct in my opinion.
Replace Trump with Bush and Iran with Iraq in every single comment of yours.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Except for the experts who said Iraq had WMD's then you are correct, seems the other way around this time
So, is your belief that the experts are by defintion wrong?
That is interesting. Is the sky blue? Many experts believe it is, and they also believed Saddam had WMDs!

Van Gaalacticos

So, is your belief that the experts are by defintion wrong?
That is interesting. Is the sky blue? Many experts believe it is, and they also believed Saddam had WMDs!
What? Depends who is defining these people as unbiased experts doesn't' it.

Van Gaalacticos

Are you serious? There are too many to list. How about when he had to get his intelligence briefings to have pictures in them because he was bad at reading?
??? Is that the best you could come up with? He seems to have been good enough at reading to release a successful book.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
What? Depends who is defining these people as unbiased experts doesn't' it.
So, the IAEA in 2003 did not find any evidence of Saddam's WMDs. The only evidence was from the CIA, and MI6 and Mossad agreed with them, that Saddam had WMDs.
Today, the IAEA and Europeans agencies including MI6 do not think there are Iranian nukes, while the CIA and Mossad thinks there are.

Van Gaalacticos

So, the IAEA in 2003 did not find any evidence of Saddam's WMDs. The only evidence was from the CIA, and MI6 and Mossad agreed with them, that Saddam had WMDs.
Today, the IAEA and Europeans agencies including MI6 do not think there are Iranian nukes, while the CIA and Mossad thinks there are.
Because nothing changes...ever!

How well do you know these sources personally? Why are you so sure to trust them with all information they provide? Why are lsrael to be distrusted so much?

Van Gaalacticos

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Because nothing changes...ever!

How well do you know these sources personally? Why are you so sure to trust them with all information they provide? Why are lsrael to be distrusted so much?
I'm distrusting both Mossad and the CIA, who were wrong on an identical issue last time. I'm distrusting them because they both have vested interests/long-term strategic goals wrt regime change in Iran. I'm distrusting them because agencies without that vested interest contradict them, just like last time.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
The same experts that Trump have that make him pull out of the Paris agreement because the Global Warming is an hoax?

Soon he will pull out NASA funding because his experts will tell him that the earth is flat

Trump's experts don't know more than the JPOA experts (US included). Trump "experts" only care about themselves

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm distrusting both Mossad and the CIA, who were wrong on an identical issue last time. I'm distrusting them because they both have vested interests/long-term strategic goals wrt regime change in Iran. I'm distrusting them because agencies without that vested interest contradict them, just like last time.
The two agencies you listed don't have any vested interests in Iran that is independent of the government's they serve.

Van Gaalacticos

Tell us what your opinion of trump is.
Felt like it was already out there and obvious tbh. I like him and think he does his best for the American people who he information he has even if it ruffles political feathers elsewhere. On the other hand I don't want this discussion to become too heated as I don't wanna get banned or anything haha, I just want an open discussion looking at all he options.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Felt like it was already out there and obvious tbh. I like him and think he does his best for the American people who he information he has even if it ruffles political feathers elsewhere. On the other hand I don't want this discussion to become too heated as I don't wanna get banned or anything haha, I just want an open discussion looking at all he options.
Why do you like him? Which policies do you support?

Captain Obvious

If anyone thinks Trumps intentions are pure and for the sake of humanity

The Iran nuclear deal is another issue near and dear to Trump’s biggest campaign backer and may have played a crucial role in Bolton’s appointment. Adelson’s ultra-hawkish views on Tehran are remarkably close to Bolton’s.

In 2013, Adelson called for Washington to detonate a nuclear bomb in an “Iranian desert.” If that did not persuade Iran to abandon its nuclear program, he said, the U.S. should drop an atomic bomb on Tehran, a city of more than 12 million people.

Source

SHELDON ADELSON has cut a $30 MILLION CHECK to the House GOP-leadership aligned CONGRESSIONAL LEADERSHIP FUND, a massive cash infusion that top Republicans hope will alter the party’s electoral outlook six months before Election Day.

Van Gaalacticos

I literally sent you a list with specific incidents when Trump showed he isn't trustworthy. You okay?
Fine lol. List them on here instead of some random reddit thread that essentially has nothing to say. I'd say you have nothing to come back at me with

Van Gaalacticos

That's a fair point.