Iran v US confrontation

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Problem with those vids I find is it never takes into account the USA ability to attack all targets at once through shock and awe tactics continously or total war tactics when facing enemy forces. While the terrain in Iran is tricky they would be able to bypass it as they did in Afghanistan
It also seems to use outdated war tactics as a baseline of how things may unfold in a future conflict.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
It also seems to use outdated war tactics as a baseline of how things may unfold in a future conflict.
I have to remember that he trying to make content. Makes it more interesting than just saying "US wins, easily, the end."

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Problem with those vids I find is it never takes into account the USA ability to attack all targets at once through shock and awe tactics continously or total war tactics when facing enemy forces. While the terrain in Iran is tricky they would be able to bypass it as they did in Afghanistan
Possibly... Depends what their end game is... I mean any situation where you send loads of troops and equipment in to topple a regime leads to two probable outcomes
1. They stay there a long time (not sure the political will exists for that in USA)
2. You leave a power vacum that will be filled by ? (Who knows but quite possibly not an ideal scenario)
I mean did they "win" in Afghanistan

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Possibly... Depends what their end game is... I mean any situation where you send loads of troops and equipment in to topple a regime leads to two probable outcomes
1. They stay there a long time (not sure the political will exists for that in USA)
2. You leave a power vacum that will be filled by ? (Who knows but quite possibly not an ideal scenario)
I mean did they "win" in Afghanistan
Their initial end game will be to destroy Iranian military ability and regime change. Which they would achieve easily, occupational operations are an entirely different thing. One is focused destruction, something they would accomplish.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
An interesting thread on how Trump has botched the confrontation with Iran in Iraq in comparison with Israel’s operations in Syria:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
That would mostly be the former baathists and isis. American foreign policy comes full circle :lol:
In what sense? Surely he has in mind those who’ve been out protesting against the government for the last month.

BlueHaze

Yikes.. How can you say something like that and follow up with "Happy new year!"?

I've never been into politics in my life despise it to my guts but with all the interviews and tweets from president Trump I've always felt like before his tenure is over he'll ignite a war. I hope I'm wrong as a war with Iran would likely escalate into a full blown world war which would have catastrophic consequences. But I have to say with all the shit going around in the world atm I wouldn't be surprised if war became a reality.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yikes.. How can you say something like that and follow up with "Happy new year!"?

I've never been into politics in my life despise it to my guts but with all the interviews and tweets from president Trump I've always felt like before his tenure is over he'll ignite a war. I hope I'm wrong as a war with Iran would likely escalate into a full blown world war which would have catastrophic consequences. But I have to say with all the shit going around in the world atm I wouldn't be surprised if war became a reality.
Probably because he's a troll. Fortunately, he's also scared to get into conflicts, at least far more so than his blustery rhetoric would infer.

BlueHaze

Probably because he's a troll. Fortunately, he's also scared to get into conflicts, at least far more so than his blustery rhetoric would infer.
Well hopefully you are right because I can't see how US would go into war against Iran without the rest of the world getting involved. Truly a disaster waiting to happen.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I have to remember that he trying to make content. Makes it more interesting than just saying "US wins, easily, the end."
Sorry but this is bollocks. If the US could have done it easily they’d have done it years ago. Any major conflict with Iran means the straits of Hormuz get closed, lots of people’s shit gets exploded and terrorist activity around the world skyrockets.

Oh and as for an invasion, the US would lose tens of thousands of troops because as they’ve discovered before advanced military tech doesn’t stop brutal street fighting being extremely deadly.

starman

Is this a act of war, killing another countrys senior general? I can only presume they didn't know he was in the convoy

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Impeachment diversion, however he's just so fecking thick and ignorant to be able to fully understand the consequences of his actions. The way he treated the Kurds is proof of that. The lack of comeback from that surprised me but shows how little most care about anything outside their own borders.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
He's both scared to go to war and prone to overreaction. There's no middle ground with him.
Because he's a fecking moron. A loose cannon who doesn't understand anything, especially global politics. He's been acting like a world bully for 3 years and has been played and humoured to a certain extent. It was only a matter of time before he really fecked up.