Ireland V's Israel

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
Rivaldo was small time compared to this Israeli keeper. Even as we were incensed at the fact that he was allowed to carry on doing it to a comical degree, we actually found ourselves laughing at the spectacle. I've rarely seen anything as surreal on a football pitch.

redjoe

If anyone finds a spare clue please pm it to me
From what I gather FIFA do not use video replays to rescind bookings etc in the same way as they do in the Premier league, which is stupid, because anything that can eradicate this nonsense must be used.

Amir

Grinner said:
What are the Israeli sportswriters saying about that wanker keeper?
Well, none of 'big guns' dare criticise him, but then none of them is praising his antics either, just his saves.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Amir said:
Well, none of 'big guns' dare criticise him, but then none of them is praising his antics either, just his saves.

What are the major dailies? Do you have any links?

I'd like to see how they reported it.

Amir

Grinner said:
What are the major dailies? Do you have any links?

I'd like to see how they reported it.
Do you know hebrew? :cool:

The two major national newspapers have websites but they have their own reporters so they do not use many of the actual papers stories.

The headlines, in any event, were very positive because of the results. They didn't bother much writing about the time wasting antics and theatrical keeper. One paper compared Israel's comeback to Liverpool and Awat to Dudek, the other just called it the Dublin Miracle.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
MrMarcello said:
Why do they dare criticise, are they afraid of being stoned or killed?

its the jehovah syndrome,

anyway why would they dwell on something negative like having a goalie that puts John Inman to shame in the camp stakes