Ireland vs Serbia - WCQ

vuc

First Team Serb
Looooong time no speak lads. Hope you're all well.

Big game tonight, and I am actually in Manchester and will be watching it at the Bishop Blaize near the stadium.

So - open invitation for the old members that remember me, anyone up for watching it with me over a pint or two? Post here or PM if you need to.

Cheers.

Your favourite neighbourhood Serb. :devil:

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Who the vuc is that guy?

2-1 Ireland.

vuc

First Team Serb
Thank god there was a reply, this was proving to be less popular than a David Moyes teamtalk.

I'm going 2-1 Serbia Zebs. May the best team win!

Thanks Abou, it was definitely a coincidence :lol:

Champagne Football

Hourihane and Wes have to start. I'd go with this with McGeady coming on for Wes after 60 mins if he's fit. Will finish 2-2

Randolph
Christie Duffy Clarke Ward
Arter
Hourihane----- Hoolahan
McClean---------------Brady
Long​

R'hllor

After went AWOL, for months i was giving my best to repair reputation of Serbian posters here and all that effort went to shit in one thread creation... /win

Think it will be a draw but wouldnt be surprised if we lose.

R'hllor

Are Ireland gonna play anti football again?
Doubt it, think Serbia will go full chicken shit like usual, dont get injured and to tired because they always cared way more for their clubs anyway.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
After went AWOL, for months i was giving my best to repair reputation of Serbian posters here and all that effort went to shit in one thread creation... /win

:lol:

vuc

First Team Serb
Hourihane and Wes have to start. I'd go with this with McGeady coming on for Wes after 60 mins if he's fit. Will finish 2-2

Randolph
Christie Duffy Clarke Ward
Arter
Hourihane----- Hoolahan
McClean---------------Brady
Long​
You have a Hourihane and a Hoolahan? Bet the commentators have a field day with that combo. :lol:

I think it's going to be a good game. Ireland should (and probably will) start off strong, can see us scoring on a counter but the key will be if we do concede, whether we can bounce back strong or crumble.

IMO we should go for the win also, as a win would almost guarantee us qualification but I can see it being a reserved start.

Good luck Irish people of the Caf'.

vuc

First Team Serb

It went to shit because of this thread?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Poor Wes, he's been the solution to all our (many) woes when he's on the bench. Hope he plays well for his sake, criminally underused by us for years.

vuc

First Team Serb
Well, our coach has made 4 changes - so suddenly my optimism has gone. Best case for us now is a draw.

If I was Ireland, just shoot from long range. Stojkovic is back, and he couldn't catch a cold.

Champagne Football

Arter and Whelan had shockers against Georgia so good to see Meyler get a chance. He's pretty handy in there on his day. Murphy and Hourihane are only players on the bench who could make any kind of impact if called upon with McGeady being injured. COYBIG

Last edited:

Champagne Football

You have a Hourihane and a Hoolahan? Bet the commentators have a field day with that combo. :lol:
I tried to come up with a joke for those 2 but couldn't think of any! I'm sure there would have been some nice tweets about that had they both started but only Wes starting but I'd expect Hourihane to come on late

Peanut Butter

Hope Ireland win but only because I don't want Wales to qualify. I'm not Irish and usually wouldn't care either way!

Good luck tonight Ireland.

Brophs

The One and Only
Is Richie Sadlier not on the panel of late because of his falling out with Dunphy & Brady?

R'hllor

No Nastasic, Ivanovic on LCB it looks, Vukovic what and ofc 2 DMs in midfield. Milenkovic Savic didnt get a call up at all, never change Serbia never change you fecks.

Brophs

The One and Only
No idea but it wouldn't surprise me.
I don't think it ever made the podcast as released, but he laid bare the relationship with them and Brady when he was part of the Second Captains show at the Cat Laughs this summer (the para in this story is fairly tame compared to what he said, from memory https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...-jones-shine-at-kilkenny-cat-laughs-1.3108296). Can't remember the exact wording, so I don't want to misquote him, but my memory is that he made it quite clear that they don't like each other and were never going to.

Brophs

The One and Only
Does Dunphy have Wes Tourette's, or something? He blurts out his name 40-50 times a broadcast.

Trizy

Very balanced team that.

I swear to feck if I have to put up with another Irish performance like the other night I'm giving up on international football.

Addled

I have a sinking feeling about this. I think Matic could get injured.
On a positive note I think(hope) Ireland will win 2-0

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Serbia are the better side on paper, and considering our performance on Saturday against a much worse side on paper, I'm skeptical.