is anyone else as excited about next season?

We need an rvn

ok, so first we sign Mourinho. Someone who's pissed me off more than any manager i know for ages, yet reminds me exactly of Fergie in the sense if you had him, you loved him and if you didn't you were envious but hateful to a point. check 1, we have mourinho.

Bailly - a strong, fast and tall centre back who can be with us for a decade under the right coaching and determination

Ibra - he'll come obviously and will bring something we've lacked for a good few years

then there's the rest to come. Woody will back him financially as he knows what's required to get us back to the top.

seriously, i'm as excited as i've been since they annouced megan fox would be in the new teenage mutant ninga turtle movie - flash back of the 90s but with megan fox. Except now it's Mourinho and my club.

bring it on

Tiber

Bouncing - I dreaded watching games the second half of last year, now I can't wait to get started again. I have genuine hope for the first time since I turned up at OT for LVG's first home game v Swansea and realised that we were god awful.

If we do manage to get Pogba I might faint!

Gizzyspop

Very. Wish they would just cancel the Euros and start the season early :D

Shark

@NotShark
Hope June flies in, so we can officially start counting down the weeks to the new season.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Yes but the honeymoon period you get with a new manager is bloody annoying. You don't really know if their the right fit for about 10-16 months.

Obviously as a United fan i've only found this out in the last 3 years :lol:.

And if we win the first 15 games on the bounce I might feel differently.

Deleted member 101472

I got too excited when we signed di Maria. Same again with falcao. Let's not hide away from it , those signings were MASSIVE at the time and people on here were jizzing for fun .

Cautious approach , after 10 games if we look in a good place I can get properly excited but just too reserved at the moment ... The last 3 years have hurt a lot

Theonas

Scout
Every new season is exciting. I can't remember the last time we started a season without being full of excitement for what to come. It is after the honeymoon period that you start properly evaluating what is going. Oh and please can we stop comparing Sir Alex to Mourinho? It is an insult to the great man.

cully84

Have never looked forward to a season as much as this one, plus the transfer when too.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm absolutely buzzing. I can not wait. Sharing a season ticket with a friend too so I'll be up a number of times this season :drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Every new season is exciting. I can't remember the last time we started a season without being full of excitement for what to come. It is after the honeymoon period that you start properly evaluating what is going. Oh and please can we stop comparing Sir Alex to Mourinho? It is an insult to the great man.
Tbf I wasnt that excited about 13/14. Was more interesting to see how we would do post fergie, but not so much exciting considering I was convinced Moyes would fail and be sacked within a year, and was always against him getting the job. But there is always reasons to be excited. If LvG kept the job then it would've been a brutal summer with no hope though.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I can't (insert word im not allowed to use) wait. Was looking forward to the euros at the end of last season but now i just want to hibernate till august.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I'm very excited for next season for the following reasons:

1) Leicester and Spurs simply will not perform to the same standard next season, this season was a freak for both. Arsenal are Arsenal and will finish where they always finish. Leaving City as the only team that finished above us who I think have to be considered be serious contenders for the title.

2) I have a feeling this is going to be a busier Summer than everyone thinks. Bailly already confirmed and I can still see Pogba and Ibrahimovic joining, as well as a CB, a CM, and a RW.

3) We have Jose fecking Mourinho next year! I know it might seem overly optimistic but I expect next year to be a two horse race between the two Manchester sides for the title and with the strengthening our squad will receive, I can't see why we wont come out on top.

BUZZING!

Reactions: Varun

SirAF

Ageist

Edit: Wow, I guess the nickname is banned!

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
I'm always excited for the new season, seeing the new players fit in, playing promoted teams, and because the summer usually seems like ages since we played or any football. But with the Euros on it won't seem as long.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

1) Leicester and Spurs simply will not perform to the same standard next season, this season was a freak for both. Arsenal are Arsenal and will finish where they always finish. Leaving City as the only team that finished above us who I think have to be considered be serious contenders for the title.

2) I have a feeling this is going to be a busier Summer than everyone thinks. Bailly already confirmed and I can still see Pogba and Ibrahimovic joining, as well as a CB, a CM, and a RW.

3) We have Jose fecking Mourinho next year! I know it might seem overly optimistic but I expect next year to be a two horse race between the two Manchester sides for the title and with the strengthening our squad will receive, I can't see why we wont come out on top.

BUZZING!

We all love some transfer muppets you but come on......ill be surprised if that amount of new players come in

Theonas

Scout
Tbf I wasnt that excited about 13/14. Was more interesting to see how we would do post fergie, but not so much exciting considering I was convinced Moyes would fail and be sacked within a year, and was always against him getting the job. But there is always reasons to be excited. If LvG kept the job then it would've been a brutal summer with no hope though.
Yea I see what you mean. I think it is semantics tbh. I myself am always looking forward to what is going to happen so what you call "interesting" is exciting to me if you know what I mean. This season in particular with the managerial appointments in the league was going to be exciting to me regardless of who is on our bench. There is something magical about the start of the football season. But I know exactly what you mean :)

Theonas

Scout

BUZZING!
It's not that I am against signing players when they are needed as that would be stupid. But it is more sad than exciting when you're having 5 or 6 new faces every summer. I mean if it is necessary, the team starts looking soulless and unrecognisable. Hardly a reason to be excited.

micksjoiner

Looking forward to watching all Jose's new signing in the Euros, Got a gut feeling that utd are going to be one hell of team in the coming season

Minimalist

I'm hopeful. I expect a different standard from the previous three years and better performances/results.

Of course Mourinho will still probably let us down by groping a female supporter, slide tackling Mata during a match for not tracking back and quite likely biffing Charlton at the Xmas dinner for ever doubting him but it's the results that count.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I was really excited when we got Falcao, Rojo and Di Maria...thought we were on the verge of world domination! Sadly that wasn't to be.

But yeah, how could anybody not be excited about the season to come. Fecking hate the closed season. Just hope we get our new arrivals in nice and early.

MoskvaRed

A new era is generally exciting, even if you have worries about the mental stability of the manager. Apart from 2013/2014, which was like watching your local driving instructor being handed a drive with a Formula 1 team. I expect to see United back challenging next year and, with the right signings, number 21 might be on its way.

jesskan60

Definitely since LVG is gone even though i'm not Mourinho biggest fan.
But it seems Mourinho knows where we need new players and will bring some winning mentality.
We were playing cowardly under LVG.

Can't wait for the Community Shield against Leicester.
Hammering them will send a loud and clear message to the EPL teams.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
You can see us turning into a very physically powerful side with players like Bailly, Zlatan and possibly Matic. Pogba etc. All tall, strong players. That alone is going to make us much more competitive. We really just need a fast, tricky winger to give us variety, and we'll be dangerous.

AndyJ1985

If any United fan isn't excited for next season then I would seriously question why they even watch football in the first place. I can't wait for the new season to begin.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm slightly indifferent at the moment. I try not to hype it too much because with LVG I expected much from both seasons (especially when we absolutely dominated in pre-season, laughable, I know) and it ended up as a disappointment. Realistically, our chances in the coming season, especially if we will have a good transfer window, will be higher than they were with Moyes (God forbid!) and Van Gaal.

If we'll sell Fellaini, sign Ibra, right winger and some muppet signing then I will probably be exited anyway though.

As of right now - not "exited", but hopeful.

De Gea, Martial, Shaw; Rashford and Fosu-Mensah - they are the ones that I can't wait to look at.

Theonas

Scout
You can see us turning into a very physically powerful side with players like Bailly, Zlatan and possibly Matic. Pogba etc. All tall, strong players. That alone is going to make us much more competitive. We really just need a fast, tricky winger to give us variety, and we'll be dangerous.
It all depends on how we set up really. If the fast tricky winger you are talking about is going to contribute 20 goals or so, add that to last season and we'd have 1st or 2nd. If you are talking simply about another cog in the machine, then we probably would need the physically you are talking. I think my point is being competitive was not exactly our main issue last two years. We were ridiculously dull but quite efficient and a flair creative top player would have changed that without rebuilding the back and midfield.

Jacko21

As excited as I am about Mourinho's first season in charge, I'm trying to temper my expectations. I can't help but feel that the Europa League will put a kibosh on our attempts to win the league. The statistics aren't in our favour either with that one. I'm not at all looking forward to the Europa League group stages, nor I suspect is Mourinho. But that's the reality of our situation. We're also powerless to prevent Guardiola and City triumphing in the Champions League - which sadly could happen at the first time of asking.

It will take at least two years, several transfer windows and whole heap of money for Mourinho to shape this squad into one that can compete on all fronts and that is as consistent in the Champions League as Bayern have been in recent seasons.

It's not the I don't believe we can win the league next season, I just think we need to be realistic. As Mourinho was in his first season back at Chelsea. Unlike at his previous clubs, I think Mourinho will play the long game and plan accordingly.

The games against City and Liverpool however will be magnificent.

Reactions: Snowjoe

0161_UNITED

I'm cautious, I think maybe some people might be taking the press a bit seriously now: Ibrahimovics, Pogba, Matic, etc. Although sometimes where's there's smoke there's fire. Overall though I thought Mourinho was the right hire after SAF and I think he's the right hire now. I'm extremely interested in how Mourinho will shape the squad now.

Personally, I'm leaning towards a major overhaul, myself. I really feel there are too many underachievers accumulated under SAF, Moyes, and LVG still hanging about. The last 3 seasons we've been clutching at straws trying to justify some of these players. For Christ's sake it's got to the point where some on here feel Valencia deserves respect and a proper chance under Mourinho. Let that sink in. Christ almighty.

TheJoshuaTree

Jose fecking Mourinho in the dugout at Old Trafford wearing the emblem of my team. YOU BET YOUR CANDY ASS I'M EXCITED!! :keano:

Theonas

Scout
As excited as I am about Mourinho's first season in charge, I'm trying to temper my expectations. I can't help but feel that the Europa League will put a kibosh on our attempts to win the league. The statistics aren't in our favour either with that one. I'm not at all looking forward to the Europa League group stages, nor I suspect is Mourinho. But that's the reality of our situation. We're also powerless to prevent Guardiola and City triumphing in the Champions League - which sadly could happen at the first time of asking.

It will take at least two years, several transfer windows and whole heap of money for Mourinho to shape this squad into one that can compete on all fronts and that is as consistent in the Champions League as Bayern have been in recent seasons.

It's not the I don't believe we can win the league next season, I just think we need to be realistic. As Mourinho was in his first season back at Chelsea. Unlike at his previous clubs, I think Mourinho will play the long game and plan accordingly.

The games against City and Liverpool however will be magnificent.
You do realise we weren't in the relegation zone last year don't you? I think the boredom that was our games last year sometimes is mistaken for more than what it was. We were far from an inept team, just a toothless one which meant a boring one. We clearly need more work but it is hardly a start from scratch kind of scenario as you make it sound. Even Chelsea don't need as much work as you are suggesting.

Jacko21

I'm cautious, I think maybe some people might be taking the press a bit seriously now: Ibrahimovics, Pogba, Matic, etc. Although sometimes where's there's smoke there's fire. Overall though I thought Mourinho was the right hire after SAF and I think he's the right hire now. I'm extremely interested in how Mourinho will shape the squad now.

Personally, I'm leaning towards a major overhaul, myself. I really feel there are too many underachievers accumulated under SAF, Moyes, and LVG still hanging about. The last 3 seasons we've been clutching at straws trying to justify some of these players. For Christ's sake it's got to the point where some on here feel Valencia deserves respect and a proper chance under Mourinho. Let that sink in. Christ almighty.
So is Mourinho I suspect. Read a quote just after his appointment that he wants to oversee a 'profound remodelling' of the first team. As much as several players have regressed, the reality is some weren't good enough in the first place. Mourinho's burning ambition will be to win the Champions League during his time here and that can't happen without significant changes and ruthless decision making.

VFC1922

Supports
Velež Mostar
I can't even describe how excited i am. Even without CL football im looking forward into next season. There will be lot of changes till the first kick off, cant wait to see the lads walking on the pitch.