Is anyone watching the WC?

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
Haven't seen a minute myself

No flag flying outside like there usually is

Not a single dutch flag hanging in the streets which are normally totally orange.

Its a summer competition, no one seems interested.

Chief123

Not a single dutch flag hanging in the streets which are normally totally orange.

I’ve watched virtually every match and loved it so far. It’s got all the ingredients to be one of the best world cups if you focus on the football.

RepardReece

I work from home, so naturally yes I have it on all day long whilst working.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Haven't managed to see much, my interest in football generally has been on wane in recent years, likely won't be able to watch tomorrow's Germany match as well. Wanted to work from home and take time off but now have to go to the office :(

Red Star One

I work from home, so naturally yes I have it on all day long whilst working.
Same. Feck Qatar and their hollow atmosphere yet I’m watching every single minute of it, it’s football’s finest after all and only time bar Euros that I watch so many games a day. Such a shame it’s not in the summer though, I hope it’s the last tournament like that..

el3mel

Haven't watched a single match so far. First World Cup that I don't give a shit about.

Maybe I'll get interested when the KO rounds start.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dipped in and out with matches. 7pm games are only ones I've watched from start to finish so far.

World Cups are impossible to ignore really so I'm genuinely impressed if anyone really has locked themselves in a dark room reading endless Roddy Doyle novels.

It's on free to air TV, News channels lead with it here in UK when England/Wales play and if you work in a town centre and go out for lunch then majority of bars will have it on big screen tvs.

Not like the Champions league which is tucked away nowadays and you can easily avoid if your team isn't involved.

Bertie Wooster

I'm watching all the games that I can - many of the kick offs are obviously far from ideal apart from the days I'm at home all day.

I'm quite detached when it comes to international football - I don't care all that much about the results and so don't have the same level of emotion, stress, etc, as I do with any United games - I was probably more nervous checking the updates of our U21's game v Wolves in the EFL Trophy tonight than I will be for the world cup matches. :lol:

So on the one hand that allows me to relax and enjoy them as bonus entertainment. On the other hand, I never get the 'highs' I get from a United goal / win. I'm quite enjoying the games so far - and the stress-free freedom I can watch them with - but I'm also really looking forward to our season restarting.

Last edited:

Red00012

Man Utd have been a bigger talking point than the action on the field in the WC

Not watched anything so far. There's no excitement around it and I'm happy to boycott it on moral grounds. If by some miracle England reach the final then I'll watch that.

We're in the thick of the group stages but the top two sports headlines are the Glazers selling and Ronaldo. Says it all.

redcucumber

I’ve watched virtually every match and loved it so far. It’s got all the ingredients to be one of the best world cups if you focus on the football.
I've watched most of the games and I've got to disagree with this. The games have been fairly decent but it's lacking the excitement and fervour of a normal World Cup.

arthurka

Not seen a minute and not missed it one bit. I haven't even followed results.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I have been watching (mainly due to the fact my missus loves the world cup) but my conscience has been gnawing at me constantly to the extent that I can't really focus on the game.

I feel like a morally bankrupt hypocrite to be honest.

Like I'm trapped in some awful post-ejaculation clarity shame cycle for 90 mins.

Last edited:

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Haven't watched a minute yet. I'll probably watch some portugal matches if someone comes to my place for it.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Many people are watching. Many are not watching either. It’s like politics now. You must choose a side.

Shai-Hulud

Less excited than for previous WCs, but I'm watching some of the games. There's some decent football being played.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah, watched a few. We are able to watch it at work too which is nice.

hodgey123

All of it since I WFH. Thoroughly enjoying it so far despite the fact it is a farce it’s there and at this time!

Arlo

I've watched all the matches so far. It's obviously still too early to tell where I'll rank it as a whole, but it's growing on me.

Giggsyking

Every match, great tournament.

Lynty

My favourite format of football. Watched:

Qatar/Ecuador
England/Iran
Argentina/Saudi
Wales/USA
France/Australia

caught the second half of Mexico/Poland

Mostly decent games with great atmosphere. You don’t watch world cups for the quality of football, but the story lines that unfold as it progresses.

I don’t hold any particularly strong opinion on the World Cup being held in Qatar, I have no power to change it even if I did - so just enjoy the entertainment

Spaghetti

Mom's
I’ve watched about 50% but my job sometimes requires my full attention and I have to miss some games.

The ones I’ve seen I’ve really enjoyed. Today I saw the first 2 games, and even the Denmark - Tunisia goalless draw was entertaining.

I hope this thread doesn’t get derailed with politics.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Yeah I am. I happen to have two weeks off. So for me it’s walk the dog, crack one off, watch football all day, play pool in the evenings.

Rauður Djöfull

Not seen anything yet
Don't care much about, checked results and seen SoMe feeds and such
Disappointed captains bailed on armbands cause of a yellow card
Half of games and sometimes all are when I'm working anyway, today the country I live in and also support (my home country is not participating) was playing and I even forgot, sometimes forget world cup is happening at all, who knows might catch a game or two but not so bothered

philipos

Have watched most of it so far and will continue to do so. Had major knee surgery less than two weeks ago so the football is helping pass the time as I recuperate.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A bit here and there. Feels predictably inauthentic given the time of year and the rest of the nonsense surrounding plastic Qatar and their ghastly medieval customs.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Watched every game bar the France one as I took the kids to see Wakanda Forever.

lex talionis

I have it on in the background while I attend to this and that, but there is a dreariness that hangs over the tournament.