Is C.Ronaldo proving to be the greatest heel the sport has ever seen?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
For those who have watched nba during jordan era. How does Jordan compare with Ronaldo in terms of character ? Is Jordan a narcissistic too ? I heard he is pretty much an asshole to opponents and even to his team mates.
Jordan was a colossal arsehole but he wasn't as overtly narcissistic. MJ was more of a sociopath who'd eat a baby alive to win. Cristiano comes across as someone who'd eat a baby to have a scoring record...

A better Cris-NBA comparison would be Kobe(RIP). They even have getting away with rape in common
First off feck the club and the badge you claim
Mendes when we ride come equipped for game (CL)
Take money, take money
You claim to be a big club but City fecked your wife
Feck off you red cnuts CR7 for life!
Are Madrid fans really pissed if their 38 y.o. ex-player joining in Atletico?
Yes. Yes we would

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
George Bests treatment of the club was worse.
BTW Bestie is my favourite ever player.
George treatment of himself was the worst tbh. And his wives too.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Always believed he loved SAF way more than the club itself. He's a great footballer but glory and records will always mean far more to him than the club.

InfiniteBoredom

Erm I don't think I've seen a bigger attention where than Ronaldo. And narcissists can function well when you have millions treating you like a god.
Yeah this is a weird definition of narcissistic interpersonal relationships that he conjured up. Narcissists can absolutely maintain close relations with their family, as those people can be blind to their faults due to familial bonds, and in the case of children, be seen as an extension of themselves.

Which is not to say Ronaldo is a narcissist, avoiding armchair diagnoses and all. Just pointing out that theres no conflict there between the disorder and maintaining close relationships with their family.

OpenIntrovert

Yeah this is a weird definition of narcissistic interpersonal relationships that he conjured up. Narcissists can absolutely maintain close relations with their family, as those people can be blind to their faults due to familial bonds, and in the case of children, be seen as an extension of themselves.

Which is not to say Ronaldo is a narcissist, avoiding armchair diagnoses and all. Just pointing out that theres no conflict there between the disorder and maintaining close relationships with their family.
its obvious that you just read it from a website. Most of you should go through a psychology 101 course. Narcissists can have a family but it will be so strained that it will for sure be negative. And there is more to narcissm then just being egoistic about wanting to be the best.

Gehrman

its obvious that you just read it from a website. Most of you should go through a psychology 101 course. Narcissists can have a family but it will be so strained that it will for sure be negative. And there is more to narcissm then just being egoistic about wanting to be the best.
According to what I've read Ronaldo is a "phallic narcissist". I should know going by title under my username.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
:lol:

But yeah maybe he's not loyal but why does it matter?

He doesn't owe the club anything.

He played for us and gave his all and helped us win many trophies.

We paid him handsomely.

I don't understand why people are so angry...
To be fair he does owe the club — he literally owes it at least a year of his services.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Are Madrid fans really pissed if their 38 y.o. ex-player joining in Atletico?
I'd find it pretty pathetic given the context (that he'd be joining after being at United again for 1 year). I don't think I'd be pissed.

Swordsman

Are Madrid fans really pissed if their 38 y.o. ex-player joining in Atletico? Schmeichel or Denis Law join City didn't bother me at all.

Baggio is considered Juventus legend, even though he also played for Milan and Inter after leaving Juve.
I don't think Schmeichel or Denis Law or Baggio has done something bad to incur the wrath of rival fans.

I only remember Ronaldo doing the "pelvis thrust" at AM's fans or rather their manager. :D

Oranges038

I heard he's about to sign for the NWO.
More of a D-Generation X guy. I'd imagine him being in the Shawn Michaels mould.

You either love him or you hate him.

And if you ain't down with that, I got two words for ya.

AshRK

The greatest heel will always be Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

In football there are multiple options but I would say Luis Suarez is a cnut.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
There are Madridistas who idolise him as much as some of our lot. He is discarding with them and potentially severing future engagements with them and us. The guy could have been an ambassador at either club, for example. If he goes to Atletico, that's off the table. Not that he cares, but it is a strange thing to relinquish for no good reason, to me at least.
He doesn’t need either club, the CR7 brand is ridiculously large.

Just to put things into context, he has 470m followers on Instagram. Real and Us combined has less than half of that.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
And what exactly do you know about Ronaldos family? You know jack all about how he is treating his family members. Let me tell you something: I'm son to a violent, narcissistic mother. You have no idea, how much effort she spent on making her successfully look like a role model mum in public. Didn't stop her from plying her trade on me, when nobody else was looking...

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He’s always been a vainglorious egotistical player, since forever. For better and worse.

But Utd fans are on one hand saying - ‘he doesn’t fit ETH’s football, I don’t want him wrecking the rebuild’, and then in threads like this THE SAME POSTERS will write stuff about him being a cnut for wanting out…

It seems that he’s being criticised for actually being realistic and knowing that it’s better for him to move on.

MiceOnMeth

L.Ronaldo did played for both Barcelona and Real, he also played for both Inter and Milan.

So there you go, played for 4 clubs which happened to be 2 of the biggest rivalry in 2 different country, don't think there will be another bigger heel than him.
He spent one season at Barca hardly a legend there, so playing for Madrid later on isn't that bad. Be like Memphis Depay signing for Liverpool. Then he was a sick-note for all but one season at Inter so again not a club legend and he was basically done as a footballer when he joined AC Milan

Ladron de redcafe

Bjorn Borg, Cantona are two that come to mind. Not at their absolute peak but Zidane and Lahm retired before they had time to decline much. Zidane with the disgrace of the headbutt, but he was only a penalty shootout victory away from retiring as the best player on a World Cup winning team, which is as good as it gets.
Borg unretired and was a shell of himself, unfortunately. Jordan should count, if Borg counts here.

Agree with most of this.

OpenIntrovert

And what exactly do you know about Ronaldos family? You know jack all about how he is treating his family members. Let me tell you something: I'm son to a violent, narcissistic mother. You have no idea, how much effort she spent on making her successfully look like a role model mum in public. Didn't stop her from plying her trade on me, when nobody else was looking...
I shall stop you there as you are going into a very dangerous area. Do not push your hatred to the extent of accusing that Ronaldo has strained relationships with his family. Just because your mother has, doesnt mean he has it.

If you want to diagnose someone as narcissist or any other mental disorder, you need to do alot of work. You need to investigate their daily behaviour, observe their actions while they speak to you, talk to their family members to find out how their relationships are and the history of the person/family etc etc. Basically calling him narcissist is a extremely premature accusation.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Not everyone is going to be a Giggs or Scholes to this team.

Im More irritated by the football we have to play to accommodate him rather than him actually being or leaving here.

Blackwidow

Ignoring the overly exaggerated image by the media on C.Ronaldo, he is simply an extremely ambitious player who believes in pushing himself beyond the limits of what is the norm.
Surprisingly, he has a soft side which can be seen from his philantrophic contributions and many engagements with fans. He is also a very private person when it comes to family.

Ego in terms of wanting to be the best, yes. Ego in terms of wanting to have all attention on him, obviously no. People should know that a narcissist cannot function well with children, their partners or even their parents. Ronaldo is anything but that.

Coming to this topic, he is nowhere near a heel. He only loves Real Madrid, Manchester United and Sporting Lisbon with stronger ties to Real and Sporting. He will never join their arch rivals which are Barcelona, Liverpool, Atletico Madrid and Benfica. Its out of the question for him and those clubs. He has spent so much time riling up all these 4 clubs that only people who are blinded with hatred for him will believe that he will go to Barcelona, Liverpool, Atletico or Benfica.
What of this is real - what of it is show? Social Media is nothing other than an advertising for yourself that a lot footballers really play very good. You usually will not find anything negative in it - despite when one of them does not understand how social media works. And if someone openly donates it is nothing different. That is why I like it if you see players etc. really putting work in for good causes more than if they tell that they donated sum x.

hobbers

I dont have a problem with him wanting to leave, the problem is how he's gone about it.

Briefing to the media while being awol.

If he really has been dealing with a family crisis then dont brief against the club until you're back on the training pitch, it's not hard.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
For those who have watched nba during jordan era. How does Jordan compare with Ronaldo in terms of character ? Is Jordan a narcissistic too ? I heard he is pretty much an asshole to opponents and even to his team mates.
Jordan was a born leader who made teammates better. Ronaldo is not a leader. He is just excellent football player who needs teammates to make him better.

Robertd0803

RVP- Hated by Arsenal fans.
Sol Campbell- Hated by Spurs fans.
Tevez-Hated by United fans.
John Terry-Hated by everyone.

Ronaldos not the worst though I will admit his name was going to be forbidden in my house if he had joined City last year.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
If you want to diagnose someone as narcissist or any other mental disorder, you need to do alot of work. You need to investigate their daily behaviour, observe their actions while they speak to you, talk to their family members to find out how their relationships are and the history of the person/family etc etc. Basically calling him narcissist is a extremely premature accusation.
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like duck, it probably is a duck.

padzilla

Hipster
Borg unretired and was a shell of himself, unfortunately. Jordan should count, if Borg counts here.

Agree with most of this.
Didn't Borg refuse to use a modern racket in his comeback and went with his trusty wooden one against players using graphite rackets and got hammered in every match?

I do love the mythos around him and how at the age of 26, after losing to McEnroe he just walked out of the stadium, avoiding the interviews and going straight to the airport and never playing again.

Gehrman

I shall stop you there as you are going into a very dangerous area. Do not push your hatred to the extent of accusing that Ronaldo has strained relationships with his family. Just because your mother has, doesnt mean he has it.

You don't need to have narcissistic personality disorder to have very obvious narcissistic traits.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Before this summer, I would have said there's smatterings of X, Y or Z. Petulance and an unrelenting, unashamed desire to be the best, but I wouldn't have expected him to discard the adulation of two fanbases like this - to me, that's where the mask has slipped and there isn't even a question of what he stands for, that being himself.

It's a crazy thing to do just short of retirement, don't you think?
It's not just this summer though is it? I mean, if reports are to be believed, he was more than willing to join City last summer despite the fact that would cause most United fans to have a conniption. I suppose you could point to how he left the club the first time, as well. The "slave" comments and all that.

SirMonteyne

He is nowhere near the greatest heel, not even top 30. Some people want to believe in this Athletico rumor even though their president denies it publically, he will never join them.
It's not like he's been saying all those ridiculous things himself, the media will bash him however they want when the world is against him, it's a witch-hunt.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Michael Owen is up there. Golden boy of football, lauded by the press, adored by his loyal scouse fanbase. Balon D’Or winner and darling of the England team.

Ended up playing for Liverpool, Madrid, United, Newcastle and Stoke, and none of them remember him fondly.

Went to his boyhoods clubs biggest rivals to win a PL and stay relevant, refused to play for the biggest legend in Newcastles history to fight relegation and smashed children with footballs along the way.

Today, he is one of the most universally disliked pundits in the game.

Thats quite a fall.