Is C.Ronaldo proving to be the greatest heel the sport has ever seen?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
John fecking Terry.
You'd think so. But the argument is Chelsea fans would still cheer him if he turns up in Stamford Bridge.

I don't know about Madrid fans, but I doubt Old Trafford will welcome him after all this. Funny thing is, his legacy would've been intact if he never returned.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Yeah, the Rashford comment didn't age too well, did it? He's had an excellent season so far, while Ronaldo has had his worst. The English press did such a dirty on poor old Ronnie that he chose to skip matches to spend his time being interviewed by them. Not just any paper, the worst in the country to a man caught up in all the filth of phone hacking. He's voluntarily gotten in bed with the worst people in the media. These Ronaldo acolytes can never moan about the press ever again, he's feeding them and they're buying it.

Honestly, calling in sick because you've not got the balls to look your teammates in the face after slinging mud. Ronaldo is pathetic and a coward.
It was a dumb comment at the time as well, his achievements have nothing to do with football.

ariveded

I would think all elite players have big ego, and you do need that at the highest level to succeed. There is incredible money, jealously, fame in this game.

Thus, there is nothing wrong or special on Ronaldo. It's just that he speaks English, and can reach the audience directly. And he choose the wrong time to express himself.

The team is doing well, yet Ronaldo complains. The context is the most important thing in every fight, outburst, or actions.

norm87cro

As much as I dont like him at this point he is obviously not the only self orianted sports person that has ticked a bunch of people and has been a success in his sport. Jordan, CR7, Ali, Tyson Fury, Messi, RVN, Djokovic, Zlatan and Schumacher all spring to mind. The boxers and the tennis player are at least on their own so they dont have any teammates to piss off.
But all the men mentioned above are/were extremly good at what they do/did so at least I can respect that.
Pogba on the other hand...

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I would think all elite players have big ego, and you do need that at the highest level to succeed. There is incredible money, jealously, fame in this game.

Thus, there is nothing wrong or special on Ronaldo. It's just that he speaks English, and can reach the audience directly. And he choose the wrong time to express himself.

The team is doing well, yet Ronaldo complains. The context is the most important thing in every fight, outburst, or actions.
But they're not all cnuts. See Roger Federer.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Nah, he's far from it. If he really cared that bad for his stats and personal titles he would had gone to Manchester City, the guy just has too big of an ego and comes across as a prick but I really like how blunt and transparent he is.

ariveded

But they're not all cnuts. See Roger Federer.
Football players are different. They elites play in a competitive team environment, and yet want to dictate their own terms. Federer is a different sport of more individual values and control.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
In a sport with murderers, rapists, nonces and wife beaters, I don't think Ronaldo is anywhere near the top of the list.
Well, the question of whether he is one of those is open enough for him to stay far away from the US.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Left by mutual consent.

I am surprised. Didn't know he knew what that meant..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He said the wind of his head diverted the ball into the net.
Bruno will probably have to 'give' his goal to him.

Thank feck he's not at this club anymore. Portugal actually have excellent team in general now. I don't think there's that much between them and the favourites

Foxbatt

Thank feck he's not at this club anymore. Portugal actually have excellent team in general now. I don't think there's that much between them and the favourites
Of course he has to give it. Imagine the ruckus he is going to create in the dressing room if he doesn't get it?
I was a supporter of him before all this shenanigans. I still think at his best he was slightly better than Messi.
But I am really glad he has gone from United and someone else has to take over his shenanigans. And more so his fans would be gone from United too. I know that everyone has a favourite player at the club but no player should be supported over the club.
He is sure to score important goals in the WC and his fans will become intolerable.

Josh 76

It’s not upto Bruno to decide who scores it. If so, every player will be giving their goals to their team mates to get them the golden boot. Don’t make sense !

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I can't believe the commentators wanking themselves over Ronaldo when the replays clearly show him not touching the ball.

Poborksy96

I can't believe the commentators wanking themselves over Ronaldo when the replays clearly show him not touching the ball.
McCoist was an embarrassment on commentary last night. Proper Penaldo fan boy.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Can you really claim a goal if the marginally brushed your hair?