Is Daniel James set to become our best signing since RVP?

Shark

@NotShark
It certainly feels that way early doors. Out of all our ''galactico'' signings throughout Moyes, LVG and Mourinho' tenures, this guy from Swansea has come here and although he's shown his class, he's actually just done some of the basics which many big players have failed to do at United. Not speaking of basics though, that ball to Rashford yesterday had shades of Beckham, long may it continue.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
Maybe best 'value for money' signing. But it's still too early to say.

I remember 3 months in the likes of Darmian, Di Maria, Matic were also hailed as the greatest things ever. Before making the deadwood bin, 6 months down the line.

Kid from Swansea. I agree. I repeat what I said in his performance thread - I’m sorry but what a fecking signing. Already exceeded my expectations for his first season. His quality on the ball is getting better and better. Great crossing with both feet and a cracking shot.

Great spot by Giggs. Probably our best post Fergie signing.

meamth

Impressed by what we're getting from him so far..for 15 million:

1. Can play left wing.
2. Can play right wing.
3. Can play in the middle.
4. Wonderkid.
5. Full-time Welsh international.
6. Great pro. Very determined.
7. Unbelievable pace.
8. Unbelievable stamina.
9. Unbelievable fitness.

If he turns out to be a world class player, should be the best signing ever made in modern football.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Di Maria started even better. It’s just October, ffs.

Castia

But early yet but yeah he looks to be a good signing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
When we sign Sancho in the summer he'll become a squady :angel:

Evans999

I think him nearly signing for Leeds last January and seeing all their fans really bitter about it makes it one of my favorite signings ever.

Judas

Open to offers
Far too early to say. He's made a positive start though and probably having a greater influence than most expected. It'll be interesting to see how he does with more quality around him too. The amount of times he makes runs and is ignored for someone to choose to play a less risk ball or ignore him is infuriating.

Shark

@NotShark
I've changed the title to ''set to be our best signing'' as obviously it is early doors.

DVG7

It certainly feels that way early doors. Out of all our ''galactico'' signings throughout Moyes, LVG and Mourinho' tenures, this kid from Swansea has come here and although he's shown his class, he's actually just done some of the basics which many big players have failed to do at United. Not speaking of basics though, that ball to Rashford yesterday had shades of Beckham, long may it continue.
He's been an excellent signing, fans can tell that he is clearly living the dream as he is playing with pure heart, and showcasing that he does have more than just sheer pace to offer.

His pass to Rashford yesterday, with all due respect, is one i'd expect every player on the park to be able to make. It was horrendous defending from Norwich. Beckham would have dropped that pass on to Rashford's foot even if there were 2 defenders within a yard either side of Rashford.

cyberman

Martial for me. He can be really special when he kicks on but James could be the best value signing made in a long time.
He's the type of signing that Leicester aims for. We are a bit too big to be doing this too often but he's some find.

Shark

@NotShark
Martial for me. He can be really special when he kicks on but James could be the best value signing made in a long time.
He's the type of signing that Leicester aims for. We are a bit too big to be doing this too often but he's some find.
Martial has been fantastic, I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit, but it's great to see someone like him come here and do what countless big names have failed to do.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's fantastic and a lot better than I expected. I love him.

I know people say it's early doors but his attitude is fantastic, every game.

It's nice to have players who aren't just here to collect money or show off on social media.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not much competition for that honor. He's maybe the first non-flop we've signed since RVP, as he's the only player who thus far has lived up to/exceeded expectations.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Di Maria was / still is class though. We’d be a better team if he stayed that’s for sure.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Di Maria was / still is class though. We’d be a better team if he stayed that’s for sure.
Absolutely, but he was unquestionably a horrific signing that stopped performing for us in a few months. The point is, it's wrong (and even counterproductive) to start thinking that way in fecking October.

TRUERED89

He was very good in possession against Norwich too. Recycled the ball at the right time and went at defenders/tried through passes at the right time also. Gave the ball away a lot less than previous games, and his work rate was as usual, you can never question that.

Cloud7

More like the next Januzaj the way people are lauding him.
Bingo. This is exactly the direction this is headed. James has started great, no doubt, and I’m sure better than most expected. That being said, let’s not put him up on some kind of pedestal just yet. Just because things are crap overall right now doesn’t mean we need to do this to try and be positive. It’s exactly the same thing we did with Januzaj when things were crap under Moyes.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
More like the next Januzaj the way people are lauding him.
Januzaj was acting too big for the United academy before he even started a senior game. James is a hard working kid who had to come through some less than stellar clubs to be where he is at. The humility level and work ethic alone are entirely different.

lysglimt

Scout
Actually he didn't. He had a couple of games where he was superb - but in terms of goals and assists, James is almost at the level DiMaria was for the entire season

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Never heard either of them sing, but he’s decent at football.

Mainoldo

All he is is pace. Hardly really that impressive. Go watch Wilf Zaha.. that’s talent.

Josh 76

£15m? We robbed Cardiff in broad daylight. swan
There are a few of these players in teams in the Championship/ relegated PL teams.
Robertson 10m from Hull
Maguire 12m from Hull
Maddison 20m from Norwich
It's all about the big clubs taking a punt and not going for the expensive foreign players. .

Mainoldo

Januzaj was acting too big for the United academy before he even started a senior game. James is a hard working kid who had to come through some less than stellar clubs to be where he is at. The humility level and work ethic alone are entirely different.
What the hell does that have to do with what he said? You work for Manchester United’s PR team.