Is David Gill chuckling to himself...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maticmaker

David Gill may not have landed as many sponsorships deals as Ed Woodward, but his competence in signing worthwhile players has still to be matched... of course he had SAF pointing out which ones he wanted.
Just feel he is watching somewhere and chuckling to himself at our current prowess (or lack of) in the transfer windows!

Skills

Snitch
Yeah Gill himself did a cracking job. The man who oversaw signing Obertan, Bebe and Owen as replacements for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
:houllier: People just don't remember very well, do they? There was a lot of criticism towards Gill.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
SAF just saved everyone, not Gill the genius.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fergie was a miracle worker. He would have made a man out of Woodward too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is it not Matt Judge that's to blame for our awful transfer negotiations?

AshRK

Gill wasn't great either. He was lucky he had Sir alex. So let us stop rewriting history and praise Gill over the top.

Kag

:lol:

Gill is an absolute charlatan. Saved from criticism by the genius of one man: Alex Ferguson.

Our transfer business between the years of 2009 and 2013 was worse than anything we’ve witnessed over the past six years.

We spent more money on servicing debt than on players. We didn’t sign a midfielder for six years. The academy was crumbling. We sold the world’s best player and replaced him with Gabriel Obertan. We ceded our position at the top of Europe and thought that buying Ashley Young would close the small gap between ourselves and Barcelona. Moyes entered the club to find that no real sort of structure was in place outside of Ferguson’s own wisdom. Surely it was Gill responsible for that?

Ferguson left, Gill upped sticks and Woodward was left to watch it crumble and (attempt to) pick up the pieces.

TRUERED89

David Gill may not have landed as many sponsorships deals as Ed Woodward, but his competence in signing worthwhile players has still to be matched... of course he had SAF pointing out which ones he wanted.
Just feel he is watching somewhere and chuckling to himself at our current prowess (or lack of) in the transfer windows!
I doubt he's laughing, are we as fans laughing ? So why would David Gill?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Fergie made Gill look good

romufc

Is it not Matt Judge that's to blame for our awful transfer negotiations?
Yes, he is like Ed's right hand man. Clearly he has been in contact with Leicester, Maguire's agent, Bruno's agent but Ed Woodward will not give the green light.

That's why Ed Woodward didnt join the players in the pre season, he wants to stay in the Uk to show the fans he is doing something when in actual fact probably doing nothing to get players in.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Gill ? Give Woodward to SAF and we will be ruling the world now.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yes, he is like Ed's right hand man. Clearly he has been in contact with Leicester, Maguire's agent, Bruno's agent but Ed Woodward will not give the green light.

That's why Ed Woodward didnt join the players in the pre season, he wants to stay in the Uk to show the fans he is doing something when in actual fact probably doing nothing to get players in.
:lol: I like how some think have it all figured out

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I didn’t Gill was all that to be honest. Many times our signings were left to late and there was that whole “value” thing that SAF had to portray in public. Granted him and Fergie had a great working relationship but I concur with many in here saying that Fergie made him look better than he was.

romufc

If you READ it says probably doing nothing. It is a forum where you entitled to opinions.

But looks like you know exactly what Ed and Judge doing.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If you READ it says probably doing nothing. It is a forum where you entitled to opinions.

But looks like you know exactly what Ed and Judge doing.
What most likely is happening though is that the club wants to get some more players in.

romufc

What most likely is happening though is that the club wants to get some more players in.
Well done. I think everyone knows the club wants more players. There are no secrets about that.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Well done. I think everyone knows the club wants more players. There are no secrets about that.
You said Woodward is probably just pretending and not doing anything. It doesn't make sense why he would do that.

Anyway, this is about Gill and I don't see why he would laugh.

romufc

You said Woodward is probably just pretending and not doing anything. It doesn't make sense why he would do that.

Anyway, this is about Gill and I don't see why he would laugh.

True, Gill wouldn't laugh because it was his decision to step down. I am sure he still wants the best for the club.

But why do we care whether Gill is laughing or not, lets concentrate on the future not the past.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Funny how Judge hasn’t been mentioned once on the Caf then after Sky posted that article he’s now the root of our problems :lol:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Not sure what the point of this thread is.

Close Shutters

Status
Not open for further replies.