Is David Moyes career finished in top level football?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Paolo Di Canio, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Nov 8, 2019 at 13:36

sunama Baghdad Bob

In fairness, I feel that once a manager takes on the MUFC job, his career tends to get derailed.
    Moyes can't get a job in the EPL.
    LVG retired.
    Jose is struggling to get a decent offer.
  2. Nov 8, 2019 at 13:40

B20 HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I love stupid arguments like this where one side is so obviously wrong.

It's kinda inherent in the naming of the games. If you play a qualifying round, lose and therefore do not proceed to the tournament proper, you haven't bloody well qualified. You've lost the qualifying round!
  3. Nov 8, 2019 at 13:41

astracrazy New Member

In context I guess for Everton finishing above Liverpool and getting champions league was a good season for them. After that it was a consistent 5th to 7th bar the odd 11th or something. So I would say he had them where they should be and to be honest he took them there. Its just a) that was his max level and b) he was part of the woodwork "too" much.
  4. Nov 8, 2019 at 13:44

sunama Baghdad Bob

I think that ends any argument that Moyes was any good at Everton (he was terrible everywhere else - I don't think anybody would debate that).
  5. Nov 8, 2019 at 13:53

SirAF Ageist

Imagine the pressers.

«Eins, zwei, drei. KIMMICH!»
  6. Nov 8, 2019 at 14:56

stevoc Full Member

I see what you're saying mate but did he stay there for 11 years because he didn't want a big job or did he stay there because he didn't get offered any big jobs until United were silly enough to hire him?

Ugh defending Moyes feels dirty. :lol:
  7. Nov 8, 2019 at 15:02

stevoc Full Member

Hear, hear mate.

It seems simple enough to understand, i suspect he knows now but he's just being obstinate.
  8. Nov 8, 2019 at 15:30

redshaw Full Member

With Moyes it's probably his Sunderland West Ham and Real Sociedad stints that have affected his chances. Sunderland's record was truly awful with him. He's had two PL clubs since leaving us.

I do think Moyes could succeed though if he can get a similar side built to his Everton days. He won't be good with high profile players or drastically improving players in relegation fights but give him a medium profile squad he can keep them organized and plugging away in midtable with an occasional jaunt up. He's a dour workmanlike guy and needs these sort of players. It's not very aspirational though but maybe Everton right now would take that.
  9. Nov 8, 2019 at 16:52

Dancfc Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Yeah I use to tear my hair out when Chelsea fans wanted him, it was so so obvious that he wouldn't mentally adjust to managing a top club.

That said I do believe he did a decent job at Everton overall despite the abysmal record at the top grounds.
  10. Nov 8, 2019 at 21:39

Megadrive Man New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    A decent job is fair. He kept them ticking over in 5th around place most years. As bad as United are now they really were terrible under Moyes. United losing 1-0 at Old Trafford to Everton is the game that most sums up Moyes time with you!