Is David Moyes career finished in top level football?

shamans

Hoser
He is a manager of a higher level than the one we have now. It won't be a popular opinion but he wasn't given the opportunities Ole has been who is still managing to perform worse.
You are correct. It will be unpopular because Moyes became a meme. He was definitely a higher manager than Ole (comfortably mid table/top 8 level manager) and was not giving the time Ole has been given.

However, that's because Ole has been given way more time than he deserves and has not yet proven he is even a premier league level manager.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You are correct. It will be unpopular because Moyes became a meme. He was definitely a higher manager than Ole (comfortably mid table/top 8 level manager) and was not giving the time Ole has been given.

However, that's because Ole has been given way more time than he deserves and has not yet proven he is even a premier league level manager.
Oh feck off. You wouldn't know a decent manager if he came in and fired you if you think Moyes wasn't pitifully shite. Man should have been put in the stocks, he took the piss.

stevoc

Moyes was appointed in May 2013 and had two transfer windows before getting sacked in April 2014.

Solskjaer was appointed permanently in March 2019 and has had one transfer window.

Skills

Snitch
It's as much that as it is the fact United have changed managers several times since Moyes was appointed and there is now a wider recognition that simply changing the manager doesn't get to the root of the performance issues.
Actually, everytime we have changed manager we have actually seen an improvement in performance.

Its usually when they've started meddling with the makeup of the squad, bringing their own boys in and had enough time for their coaching to have an effect that the performances drop off.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Actually, everytime we have changed manager we have actually seen an improvement in performance.

Its usually when they've started meddling with the makeup of the squad, bringing their own boys in and had enough time for their coaching to have an effect that the performances drop off.
Yeah, I'm talking over the medium to long term.

stevoc

He has a Jan 2019 window.
Before he was appointed as a permanent manager, and only what 2-3 weeks after becoming interim manager.

You can hardly count that window as one in which he could have signed anyone to shape the squad. At the time no one thought he would be made permanent.

Moyes got too much time.

RedPed

Before he was appointed as a permanent manager, and only what 2-3 weeks after becoming interim manager.

You can hardly count that window as one in which he could have signed anyone to shape the squad. At the time no one thought he would be made permanent.

Moyes got too much time.

Doesn't matter what you say about Moyes, Solskjaer is currently sitting on the worst United league start in 30-odd years. That's BEFORE the PL was even born. That is a fact.

I get that a lot of people have this blinkered and obsessive hatred towards Moyes but for me, even though he got us a trophy (which the beloved Smalling nearly fecked up, by the way), Louis van Gaal dished up by far some of the worst football I've seen in a long time.

stevoc

Doesn't matter what you say about Moyes, Solskjaer is currently sitting on the worst United league start in 30-odd years. That's BEFORE the PL was even born. That is a fact.
I'm not going out of my way to defend Solskjaer if he got sacked tomorrow or at any point in the last few months i don't think he could complain, we could and should have sacked Moyes way before we did also. But anyone spouting disingenuous bullshit like the club has had more patience with Solskjaer or given him more time than Moyes i'm not having. Solskjaer might see out his first full season as permanent manager, and if he doesn't get CL football then just like Moyes in 13/14 and Van Gaal in 15/16 he'll deservedly get the sack.

I get that a lot of people have this blinkered and obsessive hatred towards Moyes but for me, even though he got us a trophy (which the beloved Smalling nearly fecked up, by the way), Louis van Gaal dished up by far some of the worst football I've seen in a long time.
Probably was worse than Moyes football but not by much. The real difference between the two though is Van Gaal wasn't a complete twat who tried to throw everyone and anyone under the bus.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail

Ole is so far getting the time he deserves. Moyes should have gotten the time he deserved. But we are a glory hunting bunch who don’t understand basic leadership needs and therefore Moyes was sacked and we’ll probably be successful in pushing Ole out too so we can have the next manager to push out in no time.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Ole is so far getting the time he deserves. Moyes should have gotten the time he deserved. But we are a glory hunting bunch who don’t understand basic leadership needs and therefore Moyes was sacked and we’ll probably be successful in pushing Ole out too so we can have the next manager to push out in no time.
He got more time than he deserved, should have been gone in November.