Is David Moyes career finished in top level football?

stevoc

New manager would have needed to continue close relations with SAF and also to continue his legacy. That means same values, same system, same employees. Then after some while, maybe the first year, some changes could have been done. It’s extremely hard and it takes time.

Moyes wanted his own employees and own system, which he could get, but only by waiting and allowing people time to adjust.

So he applied his changes and it made things more difficult. That said, he still should have been given more time. 6 months is a joke, football, business - same applies.
I agree with most of your post but lets be fair here he had way more than 6 months. Took over 9th May 2013 and wasn't sacked until 22nd April 2014 and had two transfer windows in that period with plenty of time to prepare for both.

Took over a squad in dire need of central midfielders, a left back, and a winger. One which already had Rooney and Kagawa to play behind the striker but then proceeded to sign Fellaini and Mata who had both played their best football at their previous clubs behind the striker.

Had he been more decisive with his recruitment and reinforced key areas of the team and as you say eased himself into the culture at United i have no doubt he would have got more time.

debunkology

I always thought Moyes missed a trick not taking over from Brendan Rodgers at Celtic or Rangers before Gerrard.
Absolutely this. I don't think he would have been a popular figure at Rangers, since he's an Ex Celtic man, so I could not see that happening.

But if the Celtic job was up for grabs, then he missed a trick there. Personally I think he would have requested more money than Lennon. And knowing the Celtic board, that's why they actually went for Lennon.

I can see him managing in the Premier League again, but probably through taking over a championship club and getting them promoted, or when a club is struggling.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

West Ham are the only Premier League side daft enough to hire him again, and his last spell there wasn't a complete disaster I suppose.
He did alright there last time around. Can see them bringing him back for the remainder of the season to keep them up.

Foxbatt

Yes back to West Ham. I hope this time he stops talking about Manchester United.

Red Star One

Did well last season, started this one excellent and his West Ham looks quite fun. Perhaps he finally manages to rejuvenate his career after the train-wreck at United.