Is Diego Simeone the best man to take the club forward?

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
Lots of people saying no because he is a defensive coach but if he got your squad playing at the level they should would you really care about the style? Surely just competing at the top of the league should be the goal.

dove

:lol: Majority are unhappy with our style of play, let's get Simeone :lol:

Member 90887

No, wanting to get rid of Jose, moaning about the football then asking if Simeone is the right man to take us forward :houllier:

T_Model101

How has he set up tonight away at Real?

I'd definitely have him, top, top manager
Jose being reactive or negative isn't the issue here for me, it's the fact that the players don't know where they stand and the fact they're constantly thrown under the bus

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Lots of people saying no because he is a defensive coach but if he got your squad playing at the level they should would you really care about the style? Surely just competing at the top of the league should be the goal.
Yes, I would.

Please not Simeone.

izec

Dont think he would be interested in the job, he rejected Chelsea in the past by reports. He would also reject us now for various reasons. He is at home at Atletico, stable and loves the club. He will manage clubs in the future he has a connection to and speaks the language or played for them. He may move to the PL at some point after having done some work at other clubs, but that wont be soon IMO.

He is also not the right fit for us currently, he wouldnt be as good. I wouldnt mind him, i admire what he does at Atletico and the options are scarce, but it just doesnt fit really.

minoo-utd

I would take him in a heart beat. Look how he motive the players. At least he knows what to do on a football pitch.

SirAF

Ageist
I really like Simone, but those who are concerned about beautiful football wouldn't be best pleased, I feel. The board would probably do well to try another direction.

Canagel

I have a lot of respect for Simeone but no. We want to attack.

kaempen

Simone is like Mourinho up another two levels.
No, he has generally been much more attacking than Mourinho typically is. And if we go back to before Atlético, Simeone was actually an attack minded manager.

kaempen

Bad football is just football that won't win you matches. It can be either defensive or offensive. Spain and Germany were playing awful offensive football in the World Cup. Mourinho has sometimes degenerated into awful defensive football. Go tell the old great Italian catenaccio sides that they played awful football, simply because they were defensive. They were in fact playing amazing football. Barcelona under Pep was of course another type of amazing football.

Reactions: Invictus

Enigma_87

You know who
:lol: @ this thread.

People saying no to the best manager in the world currently.

Bring back LvG and the possession football then? :lol:

Eila

I think he works best as the underdog, making the players give it all every match in order to match the quality of the better teams.
Manchester United should not be considered an underdog, even if at the moment it's the case. So following that philosophy he's not a good candidate. Once he's done with Atletico he should manage Inter. Match made in heaven.

el3mel

No, he has generally been much more attacking than Mourinho typically is. And if we go back to before Atlético, Simeone was actually an attack minded manager.
That's definitely not true. He's far more defensive. Just look at the amount of goals they scored every season in league. The most was 77 when they won the league. Each of Barca and Madrid who finished second and third scored +100 this season. Next most number is 70, and the rest are all under 70. Last one they scored only 58 goal in the league. This season they scored 8 in 7.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Ridiculous suggestion when you consider that negative football is the reason most want the current manager gone, no?

Janson

Ridiculous suggestion when you consider that negative football is the reason most want the current manager gone, no?
If we would be winning the league with negative football, I don't think people would mind.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
Simeone is like Mourinho but he is a more motivated/less depressed version of the portuguese, still you will hardly enjoy a game with him on the bench.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
If we would be winning the league with negative football, I don't think people would mind.
Not everybody supports United for glory and winning things, part of the magic was the entertainment factor and exciting, attacking football that enchanted us in the 90s and early 2000s. That's why a lot of us are here. I don't care if Simeone would win United the league, it'd be boring as hell to watch. LVG and Mourinho punished the fans enough, and turned a lot of people off watching United.

Janson

Not everybody supports United for glory and winning things, part of the magic was the entertainment factor and exciting, attacking football that enchanted us in the 90s and early 2000s. That's why a lot of us are here. I don't care if Simeone would win United the league, it'd be boring as hell to watch. LVG and Mourinho punished the fans enough, and turned a lot of people off watching United.
So would you rather have Wenger than Simeone then?

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
So would you rather have Wenger than Simeone then?
I'd rather have any manager who gets us playing adventurous, exciting football.

I've felt so disconnected from United the past two seasons, it's like it's not my club any more. I've not even been calling them 'us' or 'we'.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
I never thought i'll see the day where United fans want to be Arsenal. They rather play pretty football than win titles.

mckenzie79

I never thought i'll see the day where United fans want to be Arsenal. They rather play pretty football than win titles.

2 years of shit will do that.

I actually mentioned Wenger in another thread as caretaker,please don't kill me.

SAFMUTD

God please no, we have been playing the most boring football in the top 6 since Moyes.

If we dont stand Mourinho we wont stand Simeone, he is a far defensive coach.

Lets start acting like a big club ffs, we need to win AND play attractive football. Chosing between one of them is for low tier clubs.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
We don't want to be Arsenal, we just want Manchester United back.

The one that would beat Spurs 5-3 after being three down, the one where Ryan Giggs would run through an entire Arsenal backline to score a late winner, the one with Ronaldo cutting inside, Scholes popping up and scoring screamers, Rooney, RVN, RVP chasing the EPL golden boot. Ji-Sung Park running and running, and never giving up.

Instead, we've had LVG's backwards passing philosophy - Valencia picking the ball up on the half way line and sending it back to de Gea. McTominay in a back three, Sanchez looking like he doesn't give a feck, Morgan fecking Schneiderlin as a midfield pivot.

Of course we want to be in the mix to win; but not like that. Bollocks to Simeone.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Simeone was my first choice when we were done with LVG. He might be defensive mind of manager but he's not a moaner, all his players seem to respect and loyal to him, not scare to give young players chances, and he plays 442.

But right now I'm just sick with Mourinho's defensive approach and I'm bored with it, so I'll pass now.

Mcking

We don't want to be Arsenal, we just want Manchester United back.

The one that would beat Spurs 5-3 after being three down, the one where Ryan Giggs would run through an entire Arsenal backline to score a late winner, the one with Ronaldo cutting inside, Scholes popping up and scoring screamers, Rooney, RVN, RVP chasing the EPL golden boot. Ji-Sung Park running and running, and never giving up.

Instead, we've had LVG's backwards passing philosophy - Valencia picking the ball up on the half way line and sending it back to de Gea. McTominay in a back three, Sanchez looking like he doesn't give a feck, Morgan fecking Schneiderlin as a midfield pivot.

Of course we want to be in the mix to win; but not like that. Bollocks to Simeone.
I doubt you can get that from even youtube. Maybe try footballitalia.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
People who think Zidane will play good football are in for a serious disappointment.

Josh 76

So you all want an attacking play manger. So whoever you want...Will be the 3rd best attacking coach (At the best), behind Pep and Klopp. Like it or not, we will be 3 years being City and Liverpool. The only way to challenge those clubs will be to get a manager who is different. (Conte being an example of this). So I will say Diego Simmome is the perfect candidate. He is Mourhino 10 years ago. Hungry and successful. His team's high press when they need to and defend when they have to.

Needham

No one think there'd be a bit of soul-selling going on if we hire this twat who did for Beckham?. Call me a misguided romantic but anyhow he'd probably end up the PL's comedy go-to vampiric villain quickly making a fool of himself in press conferences after grinding out nil alls at the Emptyhad. Unless, that is all his best players follow him from Athletico.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I do agree he should be considered and plays similar football to Jose. So no need of major rebuild and will get a chance to sign some gems from Athletico Madrid.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
No one think there'd be a bit of soul-selling going on if we hire this twat who did for Beckham?. Call me a misguided romantic but anyhow he'd probably end up the PL's comedy go-to vampiric villain quickly making a fool of himself in press conferences after grinding out nil alls at the Emptyhad. Unless, that is all his best players follow him from Athletico.
We did appoint Jose to be fair...