Is drawing against Stoke going to cost us the league?

Adnandos

I wasn't aware you had to win every single game to win the league, unlucky lads we'll try again next season :(

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
These type of topics and alot of subsequent responses are so cringe. They usually go like this: OP is bored and decides he needs to score cheap popularity points in the cheapest manner pssible. 50% of the einsteins on the caf jump on the lazy hook with the cheapest bait possible and indulge by backslapping and butt pinching the Top Red style opening post with green smileys and "nice one" "haha" "amazing joke you joke expert you".

Personally, I have never ever wanted to be part of these simplistic macho gatherings that are so transparent to a self respecting and reasonably smart individual. Even if I share the opinion. Have some self worth.
But replying in that very same thread condemning such actions and valiantly going against the grain with your hard hit reality checks is much, much better. Look at me everyone, look how I stand out.

RetroStu

When we lose the league by 1 or 2 points, people will look back on this thread and think "why did i try to look good by being a smart arse?".

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Mourinho fecked up by rotating too much realistically. I get why he did it and maybe giving squaddies fitness will prove to be the right decision in the long run but I do think Stoke away is a hard game to rotate in. Should have played the same formation and kept our focus up.

bonothom

Comparing to last season where we drew too many we have again failed to beat a team we should be beating. You go to Stoke and score a couple you should be winning the game. The defence was a shambles, both Jones and Bailly had poor games. I don't think you can blame bringing Darmian in which upset the balance of things but why change a defence that has had 3 clean sheets. Was Blind injured or was it a tactical change which clearly didn't work.

TheReligion

Abusive
These type of topics and alot of subsequent responses are so cringe. They usually go like this: OP is bored and decides he needs to score cheap popularity points in the cheapest manner pssible. 50% of the einsteins on the caf jump on the lazy hook with the cheapest bait possible and indulge by backslapping and butt pinching the Top Red style opening post with green smileys and "nice one" "haha" "amazing joke you joke expert you".

Personally, I have never ever wanted to be part of these simplistic macho gatherings that are so transparent to a self respecting and reasonably smart individual. Even if I share the opinion. Have some self worth.
Yet you wasted all that time posting..

Well done you.

GM K

Nothing is won or lost yet.

Liverpool has dropped 3 points to Crystal Palace.

Arsenal has dropped 3 points to Stoke

Chelsea has dropped 3 points to Burnley.

Tottenham has dropped 2 points to Burnley

Manchester City has dropped 2 points to Everton (at home).

United has dropped 2 points to Stoke (away).

No big deal yet. All the top teams will still drop points to the lower teams.

It is way too early to make any calls. We should be relieved we did not lose our game four this season. Last season we did and it was almost downhill from then.

A draw away to Stoke after the international break and before a CL game and one in which our best two center backs had an unusually bad day, should not raise too much alarm. Let's see how they kick on from there.

GM K

People actually think teams in the premier league will roll over for the so called 'top six' this season. They'll be shocked.

Rake

It won't lose us the league but we've lost in before on GD so every point counts.

Of course every team loses points, but to make a comeback and to lose it in such pathetic way surely isn't easy to take.

Denis79

Yes to the titles question. It is all over. This loss will cost us the league, De Gea will leave us because of it and we should have bought Morata instead. Rashford is mediocre at best and no one knows how to cross the ball. Oh and Mourinho is absolute crap and we should have hired Zidane instead because he would have bought us new full-backs. It is all over...

Guess all I have left is to wait for the Curling season to start..

bonothom

Nothing is won or lost yet.

Liverpool has dropped 3 points to Crystal Palace.

Arsenal has dropped 3 points to Stoke

Chelsea has dropped 3 points to Burnley.

Tottenham has dropped 2 points to Burnley

Manchester City has dropped 2 points to Everton (at home).

United has dropped 2 points to Stoke (away).

No big deal yet. All the top teams will still drop points to the lower teams.
Scousers beat Palace. They dropped 2 points at Watford and then yesterday got absolutely hammered at City.

meninred

Very few teams win at stoke.My only concern for this team is do we have players creating chances and will the other players score at consistent level ? With Lukaku only scoring
we can finish 6th again just like we did with zlatan.

U99ted

Very few teams win at stoke.My only concern for this team is do we have players creating chances and will the other players score at consistent level ? With Lukaku only scoring
we can finish 6th again just like we did with zlatan.
So far we are top scorers in the league and with six scorers in the four games:
Lukaku 4
Martial 2
Rashford 2
Pogba 2
Fellaini 1
Bailly 1

Last edited:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I'm afraid this draw to Stoke was the final straw. Those two points are going to prove to be valuable come end of the season. If we can't handle our business against this team of rejects, then it is hopeless against the top 6 sides. Let's pack it up. Reckon next year will be our year, lads.

wolvored

As long as its not a trend. 90 points would usually win you the league, so we got another 22 points to play with. Every mid/lower team in the premier is harder to beat than 10/20 years ago due to the money in the game.

Lentwood

I think people are disappointed because we threw away 2pts in the manner that a ruthlessly efficient title-winning team just wouldn't do.

Top teams will drop points, that much is obvious. Sometimes a team like Stoke will get an early goal and bouyed by the crowd and the fact that they are playing in on of the few games in their season they actually care about, will take points from top sides.

However, that game did not really fit that description and to score twice away from home and concede goals in the manner that we did feels like a massive waste.

That being said, we took 8pts from West Ham (H) Swansea (A) Leicester (H) and Stoke (A) last season, and this time around we have 10pts.

mark_a

Crazy thread!

If we lose the league by 2 points, then yeah, though we'll have had a hell of a good season if that is the only bollock we've dropped!!!