Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

PoTMS

What happens now Lizzie's gone? Do we cancel football for a week or two in this already jam packed schedule? Where do we fit in these 1/2 fixtures?

Fabio Rochemback

I believe that standard procedure in such an event, is a 20 point deduction and transfer ban for Liverpool.

laughtersassassin

No reason it should be. She was old. Hardly unexpected.

Who's going to pay for everyone's wasted travel plans should they shut down the country.

Would be antiquated and quite frankly ridiculous.

They are no different from anyone else after all just born with a sense of self importance.

But even at the end of the day even if you are someone who cares about the royal family and this effects have the minute or two silence and everyone is happy.

No sense shutting everything down for something that was inevitable

phelans shorts

No reason it should be. She was old. Hardly unexpected.

Who's going to pay for everyone's wasted travel plans should they shut down the country.

Would be antiquated and quite frankly ridiculous.

They are no different from anyone else after all just born with a sense of self importance.

But even at the end of the day even if you are someone who cares about the royal family and this effects have the minute or two silence and everyone is happy.

No sense shutting everything down for something that was inevitable
Whilst this post is rather ridiculous in a lot of ways, I’ll say this. There will likely be a lot of memorial events this weekend and they will require a lot of police.

Chief123

What happens now Lizzie's gone? Do we cancel football for a week or two in this already jam packed schedule? Where do we fit in these 1/2 fixtures?
It most certainly means Liverpool should be relegated.

lsd

The Oracle
I think last night's champion League games have been voided if the manager is the same nationality as the Queen

I’m loving my life

I think City have to give up Haaland and all points are reset out of respect, according to regulation 65.3.9c

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
10 days of National Mourning, all sporting events halted

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
They better not bloody cancel it. Does everyone get a day off work tomorrow and the weekend too?

Chief123

With the greatest respect, it’s a load of bollocks if the games get cancelled. I hope she rests in peace, but we all die.

It’s all good and well having a national mourning day whoever is into that. Minute silences. But to cancel the whole weekend of football is silly.

lsd

The Oracle
They better not bloody cancel it. Does everyone get a day off work tomorrow and the weekend too?

Hopefully Monday already booked tomorrow off

Remember the geese

With the greatest respect, it’s a load of bollocks if the games get cancelled. I hope she rests in peace, but we all die.

It’s all good and well having a national mourning day whoever is into that. Minute silences. But to cancel the whole weekend of football is silly.
Thank you saying what I was too afraid to say.

Chief123

We should all get a national holiday tomorrow so we can collectively mourn and then get back to the footy on Saturday. Everyone’s happy.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

This.

Idxomer

This could ruin the season with the World Cup starting in November.

laughtersassassin

You appear to be forgetting that fans do actually exist in football.
Most fans would rather go and if they are so inclined participate in the minutes silence.

Think of all the international fans spending hard earned money to get to England for the weekend.

To cancel games would be cruel.

Dannn411

No way games get cancelled. That would be ridiculous. Games will go ahead but may have to be rescheduled so they dont clash with any proceedings. The crown may also decide to schedule the burial when there's nothing on (a weekday morning) to maximise attention.