Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

Judas

Open to offers
We've had two matches postponed in fairness while the likes of Arsenal and Spurs thrash their opponents.
Oh well? That's life. It's not anything against the great Manchester United, it's just how its fallen for us. No one should have had a game postponed last weekend, it was ridiculous, you won't find anyone sensible defending that decision.

Shark

@NotShark
Oh well? That's life. It's not anything against the great Manchester United, it's just how its fallen for us. No one should have had a game postponed last weekend, it was ridiculous, you won't find anyone sensible defending that decision.
That's life, not ruining my weekend but I can see why some might be a bit pissed off. Especially with the upcoming congestion now as a result. Could we not of at least played behind closed doors.

steffyr2

I didn't read all these pages, but -- I'd assumed all games were cancelled today. And yet, here is Everton v WHU on my tv. Is it just the boring & uninteresting games that can go forward?

Barthez

Ever heard of Prince Andrew? What is it that you have such “ immense pride” in?
To me monarch’s and royalty belong in the Middle Ages . Ridiculous that they still exist.
What you seem to have had in the past week was not mourning but a celebration of the class system.
What was Andrew convicted of because I forgot. Not saying he is a saint but I am not going to let that sway my opinion and admiration for the monarchy at large. I’ve never been prouder to be British this past 9 days.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
How aren't people over this by now? Guess I am getting old, because getting this worked up about a football match being postponed really doesn't seem worth it me like it used to. I was annoyed at first but to still be whinging a week on is impressive.
I agree! And I'm not old :)

El Zoido

How aren't people over this by now? Guess I am getting old, because getting this worked up about a football match being postponed really doesn't seem worth it me like it used to. I was annoyed at first but to still be whinging a week on is impressive.
Never bothered me to begin with, either I’m getting old or I’m just falling out of love with football a bit.

Son

The riot is really small time, especially for what goes on in the US every year. It was just blown out of proportion, there was no real scope to it, it was a bunch of idiots destroying stuff. (You're blowing it out of proportion too if you really believe they intended to hang people).

What really matters is policy.

You think Trump is much worse than Suella Braverman and Priti Patel when it comes to immigration? Do you think his fiscal policies are worse than Rishi Sunak's? The only difference is that he's much more obnoxious compared to them, more cartoonish. For all the Russia collusion that is alleged to have taken place in his election, we know for sure it has been happening here in the UK, Boris and the Tories have clear ties with the Russian oligarchy.
Let’s agree to disagree on this one. Your line…

“The only difference is that he's much more obnoxious compared to them, more cartoonish.”

You forgot to add more dangerous. You cannot have someone like that in charge stoking up lies, potential violence and bigotry on a grand scale. It’s madness to have such a person as a leader.

Is he the most famous person in the world? Perhaps, but it creates a cult of personality as we saw with the capital riot. I believe someone died in that too. He’s lucky he’s not in jail if you ask me.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It just isn't know, is it? How are you lacking the ability to comprehend how different it is to our home game against Leeds?

I'm losing brain cells just keeping up with this nonsense, I give up.
well, try answer my questions instead of being so condescending. Explain why Met say they don't have enough officers but a London game gets to go ahead. You may think it''s a "small" game, I doubt the fans of the two clubs think so. I doubt the police think so.

Try explaining how the Met don't have the numbers to cope

Try giving me the numbers needed at OT and the numbers needed at Brentford. I bet the numbers are not that different.

At no stage have I said our game isn't bigger. I've just said police should be able to cope - and if they can't, then call off all games. Full house at Everton:why aren't Merseyside police called in to help in London?

I also haven't mentioned a conspiracy but keep getting told that I have.

But, actually, I give up with those not willing to produce facts to back up their thoughts. They just think they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong. You'd make a great Tory MP

little.triangles

Goddamn, looks like even the fan channels won't put out videos today (not talking about the United Stand, I don't watch it, honest).

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Too many sports were deferential after the Queen’s death. They must learn from this
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-role-in-fear-of-getting-royal-response-wrong

During the middle ages, flagellants would remove their white robes adorned with a red cross, kneel on the ground, and then vigorously whip themselves in public displays of fervour. Some sports appear to have been taking notes.
I really can't understand why they cancelled the games that weekend, there was no logic or anything remotely sensate about it but I think this person has nailed it.

“The view is that the people you upset by not going over the top about her death would be upset for longer – and with more consequence – than the people you would upset by going over the top about it,”

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
What was Andrew convicted of because I forgot. Not saying he is a saint but I am not going to let that sway my opinion and admiration for the monarchy at large. I’ve never been prouder to be British this past 9 days.
I find that statement of yours very sad.
Are you seriously saying that Andrew is innocent? Not a sex offender and not a liar?
12 million he paid out wasn’t it?
You are proud to be British because a rich, entitled , hugely privileged elderly lady died?
You are proud of what exactly?
14 million of your fellow citizens living in poverty? Food banks needed? Stumbling from one incompetent, dishonest , rotten Tory PM to the other?
Go out and educate yourself is my advice.

mu4c_20le

Ever heard of Prince Andrew? What is it that you have such “ immense pride” in?
To me monarch’s and royalty belong in the Middle Ages . Ridiculous that they still exist.
What you seem to have had in the past week was not mourning but a celebration of the class system.
The last sentence is a bit dramatic, isn't it? Not like they have any real power. It's just kept for tradition, other countries have them as well and not just the west, Japan also kept theirs. Know who else thinks it's outdated and archaic? Communist China.

little.triangles

The last sentence is a bit dramatic, isn't it? Not like they have any real power. It's just kept for tradition, other countries have them as well and not just the west, Japan also kept theirs. Know who else thinks it's outdated and archaic? Communist China.
A very strange and false equivalence. There are people who think the royal family is outdated and archaic (and worse) while not being supporters of communism or the policies of the Chinese government.

Last edited:

b82REZ

:lol:

False equivalence at its finest.

Posh Red

This is comedy genius

Barthez

I find that statement of yours very sad.
Are you seriously saying that Andrew is innocent? Not a sex offender and not a liar?
12 million he paid out wasn’t it?
You are proud to be British because a rich, entitled , hugely privileged elderly lady died?
You are proud of what exactly?
14 million of your fellow citizens living in poverty? Food banks needed? Stumbling from one incompetent, dishonest , rotten Tory PM to the other?
Go out and educate yourself is my advice.
Sorry you found it sad. Any way I can cheer you up? - Would a complimentary 99 in a cone with a double flake do the trick?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
No real power? Are you having a laugh? It appears they have the power to pay tax if and when they feel like it for starters. Of course they have power.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Sorry you found it sad. Any way I can cheer you up? - Would a complimentary 99 in a cone with a double flake do the trick?
Did you like your mini budget? Did you listen to your imbecilic PM yesterday?
it would take a lot more than a 99 to fix that.

Irrational.

Thank feck she's dead and buried so we can all get on with our pauper lifestyles, whilst King Charles dines on pheasants and swan eggs.

Redfrog

I'm so glad we wasted an entire month.
I was optimistic about this season and us progressing but the calendar is brutal and we can already see the effects on the team. We have no quality on the bench ne that will cost us. We have to buy in January, at least a striker.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
There's three vacant midweeks in that list??

Also we won't go far in the FA cup after we get an away tie against a top four club in the third round.

Plus, Palace ain't beating Newcastle on the cup, so there's space opening up there.

It'll be fine.

led_scholes

There's three vacant midweeks in that list??

Also we won't go far in the FA cup after we get an away tie against a top four club in the third round.

Plus, Palace ain't beating Newcastle on the cup, so there's space opening up there.

It'll be fine.
Imagine the uproar if we do go through and eth decides to play kids in the third round. We are at the point that we should really just play u-23s in league cup and Fa cup.

Champ

Imagine the uproar if we do go through and eth decides to play kids in the third round. We are at the point that we should really just play u-23s in league cup and Fa cup.
I think we'll see a lot of rotation in the cups, we are already seeing that in Europa.

Contrary to popular opinion on here, we do actually have a good squad, although we do desperately need depth up top.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All slots accounted for.
Yet posts something that has 3 x "vacant midweek" in there!

Steve Bruce

We're just going to have to suck it up and play a Sunday Tuesday Thursday Sunday Tuesday Thursday Sunday at some point.

Far from ideal but it is what it is, no point in klopping about it ... I mean crying about it.

Chief123

I'm so glad we wasted an entire month.
It would need Man to United get knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Aston Villa next week, plus Crystal Palace by Newcastle and Leeds by Wolves, to open up clear gaps in January ahead of time.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, and the Premier League needs it to happen!”

Although it’s always nice to win a cup, we should absolutely sack off the carabao cup and Fa cup this season. Getting top 4 is critical for the base of the next few seasons.

Chief123

I think we'll see a lot of rotation in the cups, we are already seeing that in Europa.

Contrary to popular opinion on here, we do actually have a good squad, although we do desperately need depth up top.
No we’re not. We have been playing our strongest side “available” virtually every game.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
It would need Man to United get knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Aston Villa next week, plus Crystal Palace by Newcastle and Leeds by Wolves, to open up clear gaps in January ahead of time.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, and the Premier League needs it to happen!”

Although it’s always nice to win a cup, we should absolutely sack off the carabao cup and Fa cup this season. Getting top 4 is critical for the base of the next few seasons.
This always raises the debate about modern football that finishing top 4 is more important than winning a trophy. I would love to win the FA Cup and would prefer it to the celebration of finishing 4th (which is ridiculous) but the reality is longer term finishing 4th over the cup win would be far more beneficial.

I really can't see ETH resting players for the FA Cup though, and I'm pretty confident we will get top 4. Will be interesting to see what line up he goes with for the LC game, might go full strength seeing as the WC then starts.

Chief123

This always raises the debate about modern football that finishing top 4 is more important than winning a trophy. I would love to win the FA Cup and would prefer it to the celebration of finishing 4th (which is ridiculous) but the reality is longer term finishing 4th over the cup win would be far more beneficial.

I really can't see ETH resting players for the FA Cup though, and I'm pretty confident we will get top 4. Will be interesting to see what line up he goes with for the LC game, might go full strength seeing as the WC then starts.
Even though it gets laughed at, the truth is top 4 is more important than a cup because of the impact it has on following seasons. It plays a big part in how quickly you can progress as a team with regards to signings and attracting top talent while also restricting your rivals who don’t make top 4 by limiting their ability to attract top talent.

Butterfly effect.

Champ

No we’re not. We have been playing our strongest side “available” virtually every game.
We have seen a fair bit of rotation in Europa League so far.
Some of it due to injuries, but Shaw/Malacia, Antony/Sancho, Varane/Lindelgod, Casemiro has only played the last three Europa games, McT has been brought on/started some games, Rashford has been rotated.

As for playing our strongest side available, I don't think Garnacho would be in our strongest 11 right now, last night was a game where we wanted to win by a few goals, so a strong side was a must.
5 subs allows us to rotate once the game is won, or depending on conditions during the game.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

They'll likely be played in the replay week night slots.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely they'll make league cup SFs one leg? That will create another midweek at least for you to play the Leeds home game.

I also think they'll give clubs an option whether they have replays in FA cup. Might aswell settle it on the day if you draw another prem club in 3rd/4th round.

Arsenal-Man. City is getting played in February now anyway.