Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I work with a lady who was in tears earlier. I think it's odd but I swear to god its real and she's not alone.

Wait until Sir David Attenbourough goes, 80% the UK will be a mess (and the other 20% are cnuts).
I think most of the world would legit be devastated when he goes, whereas most people outside of the Uk couldn’t give a toss about the Royals.

Lecland07

Not really madness, at all. London will be rammed on the day of the funeral - the police presence will be huge. No games in London will be able to be played.

This weekend, that would be:

Crystal Palace v Manutd
Arsenal v Everton
Chelsea v Fulham
West Ham v Newcastle

Might as well cancel.

Andersonson

Laughable if it happens. The woman was 96. If anything it should be celebration for a long and healthy life, no need to mourn

fps

Will people give a toss about a guy who talks over animals?
He’s devoted his life to documenting, spreading the word about, and pleading for the protection of the natural world. He is a marvel.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It is much more probable football is off Saturday next week imho… both the Service and enough time to manage all postponements’ practicalities?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Please no.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It is much more probable football is off Saturday next week imho… both the Service and enough time to manage all postponements’ practicalities?
Funeral will either be on the Sunday or Monday

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Funeral will either be on the Sunday or Monday
Yeah, football formally mourning together with the Nation one or two days before the Funeral seems apt to me?

Shark

@NotShark
After that performance tonight I don't think our momentum is there anymore either way.

redshaw

Should be cancelled just for the day of the funeral.

It's a tight schedule already so move some games that land on the day.

Barthez

Should be cancelled just for the day of the funeral.

It's a tight schedule already so move some games that land on the day.
Hopefully no football until after the funeral for me.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Burnley and Norwich aswell as tranmere and Stockport are the first games called of this weekend tomorrow night. Maybe it’s just the Friday games?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I think most of the world would legit be devastated when he goes, whereas most people outside of the Uk couldn’t give a toss about the Royals.
The world dude, not just the UK
Not to derail the thread but I doubt that even 1% outside the UK knows who he is.

As for the queen, I think they'll only postpone the Friday matches and have no matches on the day of her funeral.

wr8_utd

:'(
Gives there's around 4-5 games in London this weekend, surely they'll be cancelled?

gaffs

Not really madness, at all. London will be rammed on the day of the funeral - the police presence will be huge. No games in London will be able to be played.

This weekend, that would be:

Crystal Palace v Manutd
Arsenal v Everton
Chelsea v Fulham
West Ham v Newcastle

Might as well cancel.
Funeral wont be for another 10 days.

hobbers

Cancel sport tomorrow and the day of the funeral, that's all it should be.

stw2022

Do people even live in the real world? Even if you think football should go ahead you've got to be away with the fairies to think there's any chance it will.

Ludens the Red

You’ll be going about your day all calm and collected and then read this post and like me earlier come to the devastating realisation there probably won’t be a Premier League game played again this month. Throw in the next two weekends which will get cancelled without doubt. You then have the mother fecking bastard international break. At least United are shit again so it won’t be as annoying .

K Stand Knut

Do people even live in the real world? Even if you think football should go ahead you've got to be away with the fairies to think there's any chance it will.
What a truly bizarre question!!

Asking this question about a dead, old woman who lived so far outside the real world is mental!!!

Football fans live very much in the real world and want the real world to rumble on like they would have to when their elderly relatives pass away. It’s not strange to want that.

phelans shorts

Asking this question about a dead, old woman who lived so far outside the real world is mental!!!

Football fans live very much in the real world and want the real world to rumble on like they would have to when their elderly relatives pass away. It’s not strange to want that.
Wanting that and thinking there’s a chance that will happen are two very different things.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

I think what he meant was that in the real world it’s a massive deal in England and so the chances of football going on as normal are minimal

stw2022

She was head of state and a pretty fecking obvious period of 'official national mourning' will commence.

We might not like it but none of us are 12 we shouldn't need this explaining or be under at illusion exactly what's going to happen. It's truly bizarre we have to go through this charade. It's no different been people asking whether they'd postpone tonight's episode of EastEnders. The answer to both questions is: of they fecking will.

K Stand Knut

She was head of state and a pretty fecking obvious period of 'official national mourning' will commence.

We might not like it but none of us are 12 we shouldn't need this explaining or be under at illusion exactly what's going to happen. It's truly bizarre we have to go through this charade. It's no different been people asking whether they'd postpone tonight's episode of EastEnders. The answer to both questions is: of they fecking will.
People can mourn at a football match!!! Or if they want to mourn at home, they can do that too.

Life needs to go on. It’s fecking mental to consider what decisions are going to be made in the next 24 hours.

Unfortunately, decisions will be made for the people in the real world by people who don’t live in the real world and haven’t done for years.

As someone pointed out earlier, it didn’t happen when the last king died. No need for it to happen now

edgecutter

No football, but if you have work over the weekend you need to be there.