Is Fred the worst regular starter for United in living memory?

acnumber9

My biggest issue with him is the good stuff he does, harrying and winning the ball back, is undone by how often he fails at that task and leaves midfield wide open. This is obviously compounded by his partner having no clue where to position himself either.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He's fecking terrible. Mctominay is so much better than him it's laughable people even try to compare.

A walking liability that's cost us goals time and time and time again. A poor man's Jordan Henderson.

cj_sparky

I think Fred is better than McTominay, up until his assist tonight he was and is having a poor game though.

Josh 76

Seriously how can any Utd fan rate this guy. Shocking footballer !

Abhinav

No, Mctominay is. Fred is not far behind though. He does good things during the game that you can point out to and say he has a good game. But for every good tackle, there are 2 instances where he has inexplicably lost the ball. For every good pass, there are 2 unforced bad passes. You really can’t build a solid midfield base with a midfielder like that. The less said about McTominay the better.

wolvored

You have to remember he cost £50 mill as well. Unbelievable lack of judgement whoever scouted him.

PoTMS

Where's that thread where people thought he was worth more to us than £50m? Trying to convince us that we couldn't get a better player than him for that amount? Laughable.

Zoo

Hilarious. McTominay is the imposter. We’re playing with 10 men.

OL29

Has he even need that bad? I know his poor passes stick out but he’s got through a lot of good work, even without the assist. He does win the ball for us in key positions to get us on the front foot, without him doing that I’m not sure we’d even be able to build an attack.

Teja

Are you guys seriously whining because he accidentally stepped on De Gea?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
If there was a proper holding midfielder (Declan Rice) behind Fred he'd actually look decent at charging about winning ball. He's been setting up a reasonable number of chances in recent weeks it seems and will improve further under Rangnick. He's not a holding sitting midfielder clearly, his best strengths is pressing and winning ball

United in sin

He's fecking terrible. Mctominay is so much better than him it's laughable people even try to compare.

A walking liability that's cost us goals time and time and time again. A poor man's Jordan Henderson.
McTominay is the worst midfielder I've seen get this many minutes at United. He's not even a first choice midfielder for Scotland and he only plays for them because Southgate never selected him for England but went all in to get Rice to change national alligence instead. McTominay is a joke at this level but he has strilong backing by top reds and those thinking United DNA is a thing in 2021. Best PR at United alongside the joke of a captain Maguire

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If there was a proper holding midfielder (Declan Rice) behind Fred he'd actually look decent at charging about winning ball. He's been setting up a reasonable number of chances in recent weeks it seems and will improve further under Rangnick. He's not a holding sitting midfielder clearly, his best strengths is pressing and winning ball
I would be worried if his best strength is passing.

Acole9

Outstanding
Apart from the assist which he barely got out of his feet he's been dreadful.

Teja

My biggest issue with him is the good stuff he does, harrying and winning the ball back, is undone by how often he fails at that task and leaves midfield wide open. This is obviously compounded by his partner having no clue where to position himself either.
Carrick has said he asked Fred to play further up. He was exceptional at doing exactly that when he had an actual DM behind him in the Chelsea game.

MDFC Manager

Are you guys seriously whining because he accidentally stepped on De Gea?
Harsh to blame him for that. However he made a huge error by not staying on the line with the keeper down. Instead he was just waving about his hands

Irwin99

Such a weird player. At this point you'll have plenty of evidence for both sides of the arguments surrounding him. I'm confident a better manager will get him playing as a very aggressive ball winning B2B that won't get many goals or assists but will be vital to the press.

SirScholes

People need to stop saying Mctom is bad but Fred is worse, or vice versa.

they are both poor. Sometimes one will have a good game and the performance threads become littered with “I told you so”
Neither have or ever will control a game and need to replaced this summer

L1nk

Having an awful game. But lets be real, how is anyone saying McTominay is better? The guy is invisible, the only time he pops up is to slow our attacking play down to a crawl, whenever he isn't hiding behind the opposition so our defence cannot pass to him, and he actually does get the ball, usually from the wing, he then proceeds, everytime and i mean every damn to, to pass it sideways and backwards. It's like his one mission in life is to get the football and pass back to one of our central defenders everytime

SirScholes

Carrick has said he asked Fred to play further up. He was exceptional at doing exactly that when he had an actual DM behind him in the Chelsea game.
Hahaha exceptional? Haha did absolutely nothing exceptional

red4ever 79

People need to stop saying Mctom is bad but Fred is worse, or vice versa.

they are both poor. Sometimes one will have a good game and the performance threads become littered with “I told you so”
Neither have or ever will control a game and need to replaced this summer
Agree with this. Neither are good enough

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I go into every game in the hope he scores a screamer. Im probably one of the few who thinks hes a good player

lemmiwink

In my opinion both Maguire and McTominay are worse than Fred.

going back a few years, I wasn’t exactly thrilled when I saw Eric Djemba-Djemba in the starting XI back in the day either.

Son

Fred has had a poor game for sure but McTomminay is a poorer player all day long. Problem with McTomminay is he’s got a well rounded skillset but everything is bang average.

Fred has very good pressing skills tbf to him and as long as he keeps it simple he can have a place in this team. McTomminay I don’t know what he’s in there to do.

acnumber9

You guys need to have a look at your biases then. He was fairly high up in the MoTM poll after the Chelsea game and I think the majority opinion was that he has been great.
High up in an online poll? Well that’s proved me wrong. Somebody had to be high up in the poll for the Watford game. Does that mean they were exceptional?