Is Harry Kane England's sacred cow?

simplyared

Get the impression he’s undropable but looking at our squad I reckon we have other better options without him.

As an example Rashford playing through the middle looked pretty sharp in the latter stages of todays game against Croatia.

Would certainly be be a huge call if Southgate put him on the bench, but I wouldn’t dissagree if he had the balls make that decision.

What do you think?

Get the impression he’s undropable but looking at our squad I reckon we have other better options without him.

As an example Rashford playing through the middle looked pretty sharp in the latter stages of todays game against Croatia.

Would certainly be be a huge call if Southgate put him on the bench, but I wouldn’t dissagree if he had the balls make that decision.

What do you think?
Why does it take ‘balls’ to drop England’s best player. it would be a total knee jerk reaction.

Didn’t do well today, but players can’t be great in every game.

Deery

Dreary
Captain, best player, top goal scorer, yeah drop him.. why not.

edcunited1878

He's the captain of the national team. Wasn't he joint top goal scorer at the last WC? I mean there is clear trends when it comes to players for any manager at club or country.

Kane isn't going to cede his spot to DCL. Seriously, Kane is one of the best players and is a match winner. Such a bizarre take.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He can not be dropped.

Would add to the list of stupid Southgate ideas and I’d be all for it.

James Peril

What’s the point of this thread? Do Barcelona drop Messi? Kane is by far the best goalscorer in this team, perhaps the only true goalscorer, he puts away chances for a living. And you want to replace him with the guy that scored less that Chris Wood this season in the Premier League? Sure Kane will be dropped if he absolutely stinks down the place, but chances are that he won’t.

HJ12

I'm sure Trippier's itching to play up front.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Rashford looked "pretty sharp" against an absolutely exhausted defence and he didn't actually even look pretty sharp. He just looked normal. As did Kane today. And Rashford has proven time and again he isn't suited for that lone striker role right now.

Threesus

There is no way you drop Kane, especially after the season he has had. It was only 1 game, he is very important for England’s chances in the euros.

Schneckerl

Yeah, because he is your best player, best scorer and captain.
This is a light version of the 'Barca would be better without Messi' hot take.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Very hard to see him not starting each game.
But like today, shouldn't be above being substituted, especially if he's had one of his lumbering, hanging about on the half way line too much games.

Otherwise, why bother taking DCL and people along?

Oranges038

Bit of an over reaction.

Granted he was shite today, he looked like he won a raffle to be on the pitch, but the whole game was shite. A chance drops in the box you'd bet on Kane to score, with Rashford you'd bet on him to rattle the keepers shins.

simplyared

Rashford looked "pretty sharp" against an absolutely exhausted defence and he didn't actually even look pretty sharp. He just looked normal. As did Kane today. And Rashford has proven time and again he isn't suited for that lone striker role right now.
Rashford playing in a current England side is not the same as Rashford playing for utd. I named Rashford as an alternative option for Kane. We have other options and I just don't think Kane should just walk into the team automatically.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He'll get a penalty and a tap in against Scotland and be Saint Harry again until you play a decent side.

Semir_Tuce777

Supports
Velež Mostar
Perhaps not a good game for him but there is no way GS should drop him.
He is dangerous even with one leg.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He had a bad game, it happens.

He's still Englands best player and a world class striker, so no, you don't drop him.

V.O.

He’s anything but a tap in merchant and i’m not even an England or a Spurs fan :lol:
I'm not saying he's not a great player, he absolutely is, just that that's all it'll take for this opinion to turn around.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll be fine and show his worth. Sterling/Walker are the bigger issues IMO. Also hoping Foden doesn't just get by with making 1 play in the opening few minutes and being invisible for the remaining 70 or so until he got subbed off.

diarm

Kane is renowned for taking a little while to shake off the rustiness and find his form.

Once he does, he's top 3 strikers on the planet good.

To suggest dropping him for a player who's form has been muck for months is just about the most English at a major tournament hysterical idea I can think of.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not saying he's not a great player, he absolutely is, just that that's all it'll take for this opinion to turn around.
By that performance Kane just downgraded his asking price. Certainly not a player who won golden boot I am afraid.

Levy must be scratching his bald head why I just not sold him before euros.:lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Kane is renowned for taking a little while to shake off the rustiness and find his form.

Once he does, he's top 3 strikers on the planet good.

To suggest dropping him for a player who's form has been muck for months is just about the most English at a major tournament hysterical idea I can think of.
Sinking his own price, let's get him for £40m! :D

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not right now, but he’s basically guaranteed a spot in the XI for the next 2-3 major tournaments now (at least). That’s never a good thing.

RUCK4444

Would be mental to drop the one Elite player within the team coming off the back of a golden boot in the PL

Trequarista10

What do you think?
Rashford is limited as a forward. He's an option when we're leading and the opposition are chasing the game with a high line, but nothing more than that.

The only real alternative is Calvert-Lewin, who is half the player Kane is.

BlahRules

I am not sure what's with Kane and England but its like the World Cup. He looks heavy and unfit.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Rashford playing in a current England side is not the same as Rashford playing for utd. I named Rashford as an alternative option for Kane. We have other options and I just don't think Kane should just walk into the team automatically.
Based on?

It's always good to have competition for places but there's literally zero chance Southgate might drop our captain and current top scorer for Calvert Lewin or Watkins.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Bad enough doing this kind of thing for our own players, but really getting exposed when you try to do it for some of the best players in the Premier League.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
He's the captain of the national team. Wasn't he joint top goal scorer at the last WC? I mean there is clear trends when it comes to players for any manager at club or country.

Kane isn't going to cede his spot to DCL. Seriously, Kane is one of the best players and is a match winner. Such a bizarre take.
I have a confession, when he banged hard into the post not long after Sterling scored, I was hoping he would have to go off. Too slow and looked really uncomfortable in the heat today.

As regards being a Golden boot winner in 2018, half his tally were penalties. 5 goals came in the games against Tunisia and Panama and one of those bounced in off his heel and he knew nothing about it. Once we got to the knock-out stage, he just got one penalty and when we needed him most in the semi-final, nothing. Flat-track bully and I hope Huddersfield don't go in for him, he is also 28.

V.O.

I have a confession, when he banged hard into the post not long after Sterling scored, I was hoping he would have to go off. Too slow and looked really uncomfortable in the heat today.

As regards being a Golden boot winner in 2018, half his tally were penalties. 5 goals came in the games against Tunisia and Panama and one of those bounced in off his heel and he knew nothing about it. Once we got to the knock-out stage, he just got one penalty and when we needed him most in the semi-final, nothing. Flat-track bully and I hope Huddersfield don't go in for him, he is also 28.
:D

Wilt

Wow! 28 ….get him a Zimmer frame