Is Harry Kane England's sacred cow?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's a bit like Lewy in that he can be useless from time to time but you shouldn't drop him. Especially with that clown of a manager.

Irwin99

Didn't see the majority of the game but he looks knackered from what I did see. Not too dissimilar to Rooney at major tournaments. Maybe it's a pressure thing as well.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Thought he was a lot better tonight.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Put himself about a lot more. Unlucky for his chance. Not exactly setting the world alight though.

MU655

I don't think he was bad tonight. He was improving as the game went on in the first half. Then the predictable super negativity hit the team in the second half.

But my point was that he was dropping deep already when England were attacking and dominating games. He does it with Spurs as well, Ive said it for a long tine that someone needs to pull Harry up on it.
I think Kane just doesn’t suit the players around him. What to do? Force those players to accommodate to Kane, play with effectively 10 players, or replace Kane with a player who might not be as good but improves the team?

I’d go for the 3rd option. But the media won’t accept it, and Gareth won’t risk it. We could lose our next game 3-0 with Kane and the media won’t say much, but lose it 3-2 without Kane and the media will be calling for Gareth Southgate’s head and making out the only reason we lost was because he didn’t start Kane.

Adamsk7

So what’s going on with him? Looked ready to be put out to pasture last night or made in to glue.
The goal will of course hide the fact that he was utterly atrocious and contributed basically zero to anything we did.

Eddy_JukeZ

Is he injured?

He looks like he's aged 10 years thus far in the Euros. Can barely move out there.

MU655

Three goals in the last two games. Good time to start scoring in the knockouts.

Great volley, as well. Shame the keeper spoiled it.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Good time to be hitting form, if he hits the same kind of form as some of his purple patches over his career England in a good place to win it.

Seems when he is on fire and in that mood he just bangs them in for fun. 37 in 59 ain't bad, 0.62 goals a game for England, for comparison Rooney gpg of 0.44, Vardy 0.26, Lineker 0.60, Owen 0.44.

Djemba-Djemba

The Last World Cup he started it great then faded badly as the tournament went on.

Hopefully this Euros will be the opposite.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He shouldn't be the England captain. He embodies the feeble attitude of his club. Give the armband to Henderson who has actually led his team to a trophy.