Is Herrera making a bid for Captain?

Maticmaker

Herrera is doing more post match interviews these days, last night very inclusive in his comments, mentioning the subs; he is also going out of his way to bring Sanchez into the United fold properly. His personal performances are inspiring!

Knocking on Ole's door maybe... let me be captain...please!

Think he might be the man!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He is absolutely captain material but I think it'll be Pogba

ZupZup

He is captain material, but have we even offered him a new contract? He' been fantastic under Ole so more than deserves one.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Herrera is the type that doesn't need an armband to be captain-like.

I think giving Pogba the more ceremonial title will do more for him, Herrera will just get on with it.

Regardless, we have two genuine leaders in our midfield. It is a great foundation to build from.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I won't mind him getting the arm band. He anyways leads the team on field.

Zlatattack

He was sensational today. A proper Manchester United player. He'll never make any of the fantasy XI's but he leaves everything out there on the pitch for us, more often than not.

crossy1686

career ending
Future captain and coach when he retires. He gets us and he gets what it means to be a United player. I just hope we can give him the PL he deserves after the shit he's had to endure.

shaky

Totally deserves the captain's role. Pogba doesn't need the extra responsibility but I think Herrera would relish it and I can't think of anyone who would be more honoured to wear the armband.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
He is absolutely captain material but I think it'll be Pogba
I wouldn't like to burden Pogba with the captaincy to be honest. Personally I'd like to see Pogba told just to get on with his game, express himself and be the creative goal threat he can be.

Herrera certainly has the experience, the awareness and the leadership potential to be that player for us. Above that, it seems in interviews he communicates well.

I never understood Valencia being given the captaincy if I am honest. Communications and ability to organise a team is surely part and parcel? When you hardly speak the language...

As I have said before, we have lacked those characters for a while. You look back, there was never just one United captain...there were leaders all over the pitch!

Bruce was a great captain backed by the likes of Pallister, Ince, Hughes etc...Keane was backed by great leaders in their own departments, Rio the same....then it sort of fell away. You started to look around this side an wonder who those leaders were...and whether there was a single candidate that stood out...let alone a cast of them.

Pogba would form part of that back up for me, if that makes sense. Every captain needs a supporting cast of leaders for me. Just my opinion.

manichester

Ander is a player who does not get the recognition he deserves, he does the stuff that goes under the radar and loved how he went up to Sanchez after the Chelsea game to speak to him.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's been obvious for a long time that he's got the personality to be captain, now he's a key player we're seeing just how good a footballer and leader he is on the pitch. New contract and giving him the arm band is a total no-brainer.

youngrell

He really is captain material. Both in his performances and the way he speaks.

Makes sense that he was earmarked as a signing under Sir Alex, he is exactly the type of character SAF looked for in players.

Even last night, after a great performance, he was the one exercising caution and pointing out things we can do better. Does not get giddy and stays focused no matter how well we play.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
As long as our captain can speak some English..

Kapardin

He is good, and I like him, but I really think Pogba should be Captain if he affirms his loyalty to the club and extends his deal further. It may not look like it now, but Pogba has all the qualities to be a great Captain for all his dabbing and haircuts.

Sylar

Should have got it a couple of seasons ago.

Its weird isnt it? Player of the season a few seasons ago, but I think most of his time at United hes been criminally under utilised. Clearly suited for a midfield three yet some managers try to over complicate things just for the sake of coming off as a genius.

Jib

I honestly think that Pogba would move if he didn't feel valued.

No songs about him, not the highest paid player at the club at least make him captain to start a new chapter of the club history if we want to keep him.

Because I don't think that if Real want him, he would like to stay in this weird situation.

He should be, possibly with Pogba as Vice Captain. He can let a poor game get into his head at times but Herrera is always switched on. De Gea is not commanding enough and i can't think of anyone else suitable.

adedawson

Is he really captain material though, or just confident in front of Camera? Clearly a better speaker then Pogba and saying all the right things, but the question is what goes on behind closed doors.

United has a history of leaders on the pitch. In days gone by most of our players were captain for there country and for club, got on with it. For me the armband is a motivator... who needs motivating.

AgentP

He has always been captain material and he doesn't even need the armband to act like one.

RedFish

Feisty performances and saying the things the fans want to hear to the press doesn't automatically make you captain material.
Saying it and not meaning it is one thing. He says the things that a fan would say because he is a fan of the fans and a himself a fan of United, you fanny!

ROFLUTION

I think give it to Pogba with a demand that he extends his contract first. Herrera will lead no matter what - It'll boost Pogba more and keep his statements/postings more in check to express himself as more mature and loyal. The powers of money-grabbing Raiola can easily get to him.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think that a world class player should be captain. Herrera is a leader though. I think that it should be:

1) Pogba
2) De Gea
3) Herrera

It will be Young as captain next season though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's one of the leaders of the team. Doesn't mean he has to wear the armband.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Feisty performances and saying the things the fans want to hear to the press doesn't automatically make you captain material.
Nothing automatically makes you captain. But from the outside, Herrera seems the closest we have to a leader. The only reservation I'd have is in case he isn't a starter in the future.

I see mentions of Pogba but he just doesn't seem a leader to me. He's the influential star player who the others work with to get the best out of, and sometimes keep on his toes to do so.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I honestly think that Pogba would move if he didn't feel valued.

No songs about him, not the highest paid player at the club at least make him captain to start a new chapter of the club history if we want to keep him.

Because I don't think that if Real want him, he would like to stay in this weird situation.
We can value him without making him captain.

Tiber

Making a bid? It was utterly absurd that Valencia was chosen over him a year ago

Meh it could end up being Ashley Young though

Canagel

He doesn't need the armband to be captain . He's already a leader without it.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Herrera is doing more post match interviews these days, last night very inclusive in his comments, mentioning the subs; he is also going out of his way to bring Sanchez into the United fold properly. His personal performances are inspiring!

Knocking on Ole's door maybe... let me be captain...please!

Think he might be the man!
He's auditioning for a new contract.

He does get United and he's always been a very good professional.