Is it time to burst “Rashy’s” bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddev3

I think he could be great but not as a striker but more of a LWF and model himself on Mane and sane (especially Mane since he is right footed). Become more of an outlet and provider as well as score his goals form cutting in and around the box not shots/free kicks from 30+ yards over and over again.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I will repeat what I’ve been saying for 3 yrs.

Tall lanky players don’t make good strikers as they lack natural balance. He’s quick and thrives with space behind but will never have the dexterity required to manouvre in minimal space and that’s why Guardiola buys shorter players. James has a much higher ceiling than Rashford who I believe has peaked
Nothing to do with his height. Its just his technical ability. As for James he’ll be ok but may suffer from the same issues

jesperjaap

I think he could be great but not as a striker but more of a LWF and model himself on Mane and sane (especially Mane since he is right footed). Become more of an outlet and provider as well as score his goals form cutting in and around the box not shots/free kicks from 30+ yards over and over again.
Agree with this, bar the great part. He should ave been played on the left from the time Martial arrived and Martial should have been fighting it out up front.

Rashford is a talented player, lots of ability and is exciting to watch, he can be a useful player for us out wide. He is never for me going to be remembered like the likes of Beckham, Ronaldo, Giggs, Kanchelskis though when people look back at his career but I dont agree either with people comparing him to Walcott....ironically from the first few games I see more of that from James, looks lighting quick, works hard and he has started very well with the goals, but Walcott was a good finisher too....not sure I see anything else in his locker, but it is of course early days and cant criticise him from his performances so far....bar the diving has occured

reddev3

That was exactly what i was talking about. How much is it to get your coaching badges :p

HowieC

What a load of trash.

He was undersized till 16 and our academy doesn't keep scholars based on how athletic they are but on their footballing talents.
Agree with Lentwood here, his technique is poor and unlikely to improve.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
if you're referring to previous seasons then fair but this seaosn in particular Martial has been incredibly consistent in his past three games. He has made every run and even more. But like you say we have found a way to be unfortunate by lacking a good number 10. Thats just United nowadays. Solve one problem only to purposely create more.
Agreed. Martial unlike Rashford though IS a natural forward. Its just he hasn't stayed their long enough at club level to add certain certain standard practice moves to his bow. I'm confident Ole can pass them to him though.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Agree with this, bar the great part. He should ave been played on the left from the time Martial arrived and Martial should have been fighting it out up front.

Rashford is a talented player, lots of ability and is exciting to watch, he can be a useful player for us out wide. He is never for me going to be remembered like the likes of Beckham, Ronaldo, Giggs, Kanchelskis though when people look back at his career but I dont agree either with people comparing him to Walcott....ironically from the first few games I see more of that from James, looks lighting quick, works hard and he has started very well with the goals, but Walcott was a good finisher too....not sure I see anything else in his locker, but it is of course early days and cant criticise him from his performances so far....bar the diving has occured
Walcott was literally a Michael Owen forced to play wide due to raw speed and crossing ability. Rashford is a different kettle of fish. He is more like a raw Henry or CR7. He will have to master the art of both off the ball runs and finishing to ever be a consistently high goal scorer.

Acole9

Outstanding
He looked like he was just playing for himself yesterday, a couple of the England players looked like they were getting a bit fed up with him.

jb8521

He looked like he was just playing for himself yesterday, a couple of the England players looked like they were getting a bit fed up with him.
He won a penalty, played the pass before the assist for another goal, had more passes than Kane & Sterling combined with a pass accuracy of 95%, only 2 players put in more crosses than him & only Trippier & Rice won the ball back more than him yet you've taken away that he was just playing for himself?

Acole9

Outstanding
He won a penalty, played the pass before the assist for another goal, had more passes than Kane & Sterling combined with a pass accuracy of 95%, only 2 players put in more crosses than him & only Trippier & Rice won the ball back more than him yet you've taken away that he was just playing for himself?
He was taking shots at the goal from distance which were never on, one or two of the players looked like they were having a word with him.

tomaldinho1

I will repeat what I’ve been saying for 3 yrs.

Tall lanky players don’t make good strikers as they lack natural balance. He’s quick and thrives with space behind but will never have the dexterity required to manouvre in minimal space and that’s why Guardiola buys shorter players. James has a much higher ceiling than Rashford who I believe has peaked
Henry, RVN, RVP, Ibra, Trezeguet, Klose, Andy Cole, Eto'o, Raul, Van Basten, Kane.....all are the same height or taller than Rashford. Ibra is a lamppost and is one of the most technical and well balanced strikers of the last couple of decades, he would be in the conversation for GOAT if he'd had pace in my opinion.

It has nothing to do with being 'lanky' or height, it's about how they've grown up playing football and how they've been coached technically. Rashford is decent technically, has a good touch and has explosive agility/acceleration, where he's been let down/letting himself down is that his game hasn't been developing these natural assets that he has, it's pushing him to play in a very basic manner. Push & Run, play on the shoulder, make the same diagonal runs across CBs in a classic PL striker type way. Guy has all the natural ability in the world but it's being wasted, our tactics are very simple with little build up play, minimal intricacies to our system and it's creating a group of limited players.

If you only play counter attacking football you only create counter attacking footballers.

wolvored

He always plays for himself. He never strikes me as a team player and passes when thats the last option

haram

No, he really didn’t.

Rashford made 64 passes. Sterling made 36. People are just making stuff up now.

He was taking shots at the goal from distance which were never on, one or two of the players looked like they were having a word with him.
He had like two long distance shots against a team playing a low block. Wow so selfish.

Last edited:

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He
He’s nothing like either of them though, and they are both very different from each other. He doesn’t have their range of skills yet. I really thought he was going to be great but, other than some free-kick technique he hasn’t learnt enough since coming through. Why is the ball never really under control with him? Why can he not head the ball? I think he’s okay for the squad but he’s already well overpaid.

TBR

And replace him with who? There is nothing else there.Its a shame that Manchester united had to come to a stage where the forwards on the pitch are not good enough,and there is no one on the bench whatsoever?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Be nice for him to show some effort.

Just walking around without a care in the world.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
How many more of these performances does he need for his fans to realize that he's not any good?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s nothing like either of them though, He doesn’t have the range of skills. I really thought he was going to be great but, other than some free-kick technique he hasn’t learnt enough since coming through. Why is the ball never really under control with him? Why can he not head the ball? I think he’s okay for the squad but he’s already well overpaid.

HowieC

200 K a week for a Watford level player at best. Cannot shoot off his left, poor control so took too long to shift the ball to his right, gets tackled.

Few seconds later, instead of moving towards the cross and blocking off the defender, waits for the ball to come to him.

Untalented, unskilled, unfit to play for United.

Dolf

Playing on the wings...
Can't believe the only strikers we have is Martial and Greenwood.
Rashford needs to play as a LW or be on the bench because he is never going to be a top striker.

El Zoido

Not a striker, I’ve said it so many times. He may score but we can’t rely on him for goals.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Rashford shouldn't be the main guy at United in this moment of his career. He still has so much to learn and I dont think this pressured environment at this moment is good for him in any shape or form.
As much as a frustrating figure he is we need to accept the fact United and its management have once again naively thrown in a young guy to be Mr Consistent.

The player will get the majority of criticism but United ,on the otherhand, get the majority from me. They have no idea whatsoever in knowing how to produce young players now. They just throw them in. And its fecking awful.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
To be fair it was stupid to play him for 90 minutes on Thursday, there was absolutely no reason to. Still shouldn't be heavy breathing after 30 mins mind.

Not a good enough excuse. That game was hardly end to end action or high tempo that required alot of running.

Hes had 2 full days rest, hes meant to be a top level sportsmen and at his age puffing after 30 minutes is unacceptable.

MDFC Manager

Why the hell is he not attacking crosses? Hanging at the edge of the box like a limp dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.