Is it time to burst “Rashy’s” bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Had an off day but rather early to start writing-off, no?!

I think he’d benefit enormously if we can buy a proper world class forward to play behind him. But for now leave the kid alone and remember that Tottenham goal.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Welbeck was a better player, much better football brain. Why has Rashford become undroppable?, he's been shite. End of story.
Scored half as many goals in twice as many seasons in a team that scored twice as frequently and had Carrick, Scholes and Giggs behind him and Wayne Rooney along side him.

Sing you a song

He's never going to be the reliable, clinical number 9 we need. Once we find a natural goalscorer he'll settle in as a second striker and have a decent career here.
Totally agree as much as I rate the guy and an excited by his potential I’ve said on this forum many many times he is not and will not be the 30 goals a season striker we so desperately need

Bocca9978

Rashford is the least of United’s problems
FFS.

I came name every player in the starting team that has more to worry about. Rashford needs to keep going.

Bojan11

Rashford is far from the finished article and we would really do well to sell Lukaku and bring in another better senior striker to let Rashford develop

hes going to have poor games but he has great potential... because of some of the dross we rely on him too much for a player his age
Well we were linked with a senior striker last season in Mandzukic last year and people laughed it off. Claimed he’s not better than what we got.

Looking across Europe it’s hard to find a striker. I wouldn’t touch Icardi as the last thing we need is another big ego with problems.

Frank Grimes

Scored half as many goals in twice as many seasons in a team that scored twice as frequently and had Carrick, Scholes and Giggs behind him and Wayne Rooney along side him.
Most aspects of his game were better.

- Hold up
- Passing
- Heading
- Decision making

Of course he'd then slip over and miss a sitter but it's not like Rashford is a super clinical player.

Hope Rashford makes me eat my words but I just don't see him been good enough to be a starter at the moment.

Bojan11

He said he had a better footballing brain and you can argue that’s true. Welbeck did everything right besides shooting.

Also Welbeck rarely played as striker and wasn’t a regular starter ever like Rashford. Rashford probably would never gotten a game during that era.

I’m not Welbecks biggest fan. But he did look more comfortable on the ball compared to Rashford.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Most aspects of his game were better.

- Hold up
- Passing
- Heading
- Decision making

Of course he'd then slip over and miss a sitter but it's not like Rashford is a super clinical player.

Hope Rashford makes me eat my words but I just don't see him been good enough to be a starter at the moment.
Rashford also already has twice the number of assists Welbeck managed. So I’m not sure what that says about his passing and decision making when you consider the caliber of players on the end of his passes.

Ban

He said he had a better footballing brain and you can argue that’s true. Welbeck did everything right besides shooting.

Also Welbeck rarely played as striker and wasn’t a regular starter ever like Rashford. Rashford probably would never gotten a game during that era.

I’m not Welbecks biggest fan. But he did look more comfortable on the ball compared to Rashford.
Yeah. Welbeck ran better I guess.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
In a strange way, the way I feel about Rashford is the way I felt about Rooney at the tail end of his career. Rooney was prob my favourite player for a long time. Yet his performances really tapered off, and by the end of the period he was putting in bang average performances and yet he was undroppable and first name on the team sheet.

The performance from Rashford tongiht was well below bang average, lets be honest it was dreadful. I was super excited about him as a prospect when he came in because he obv has natural abilities. But I'm not gonna convince myself what I have just seen wasnt dreadful, just so i can also buy into the hype.

Interestingly tabloid reports are saying that Rashford wants what Rooney was on in his last season as the kind of "go to England" player of the time. You have to worry about who these young lads surround themselves with, encouraging them to buy into the hype to ask for more and more just so they can get their snouts in the money trough.

He needs to be taken back down to earth, it's plain as day.

KrasHammerhand

The people saying Lukaku should not have been substituted before Rashford are cracked. Lukaku did nothing on the pitch, at least Rashford has speed. His free kicks were bad tonight, however if he connects on one the same crowd would be singing his praises.

The best strikers in the world think they can score every time they touch the ball, so now we are saying he is over confident. FFS....

Put him as striker, have Martial and Dalot up top and run the opposition into the ground.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Welbecks movement off the ball was excellent and he formed a good partnership with a peak Rooney but beyond that he was a limited footballer. Rashford it two levels above him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Welbeck was a better player, much better football brain. Why has Rashford become undroppable?, he's been shite. End of story.
:lol: The best part of us losing is seeing shite like this.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
imagine thinking Welbeck is a better player.

Rashford does need to keep it more simple at times though and some finesse over power now and then will go a long way to improving.

Ban

imagine thinking Welbeck is a better player.

Rashford does need to keep it more simple at times though and some finesse over power now and then will go a long way to improving.
Welbeck was a lot better he just didnt do the shooting and scoring part. But running was out of this world.

He's been mismanaged lately - he's not ready to be the main man at Man United, he's young and the pressure to carry us shouldn't be put on him when he's still learning the game.

Our successful young players were never chucked in and expected to be leaders right away.

Giggs came into a side with huge leaders like Robson, Ince, Hughes, Bruce

Co92 had Eric, Keano, Schmeichel

Rooney and Ronaldo had Giggs, scholes, ferninand, vds etc.

Who's shielding the younger lads nowadays?

Ban

In a strange way, the way I feel about Rashford is the way I felt about Rooney at the tail end of his career. Rooney was prob my favourite player for a long time. Yet his performances really tapered off, and by the end of the period he was putting in bang average performances and yet he was undroppable and first name on the team sheet.

The performance from Rashford tongiht was well below bang average, lets be honest it was dreadful. I was super excited about him as a prospect when he came in because he obv has natural abilities. But I'm not gonna convince myself what I have just seen wasnt dreadful, just so i can also buy into the hype.

Interestingly tabloid reports are saying that Rashford wants what Rooney was on in his last season as the kind of "go to England" player of the time. You have to worry about who these young lads surround themselves with, encouraging them to buy into the hype to ask for more and more just so they can get their snouts in the money trough.

He needs to be taken back down to earth, it's plain as day.
Tabloid reports..

Orange Tree

It was already obvious against PSG. The ball got taken off him easily.

He needs to work on holding the ball. He is young, and the potential is there.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Tabloid reports..
It might be tabloid reports, but that often means one thing, his agents are angling for a new contract for him, hence all the being linked with Real Madrid, Barca etc.

That still fecks me off because hold off on it, til youre actually doing a consistent reliable job and share even a passing resemblance to a player that commands those sort of wages.

He's been mismanaged lately - he's not ready to be the main man at Man United, he's young and the pressure to carry us shouldn't be put on him when he's still learning the game.

Our successful young players were never chucked in and expected to be leaders right away.

Giggs came into a side with huge leaders like Robson, Ince, Hughes, Bruce

Co92 had Eric, Keano, Schmeichel

Rooney and Ronaldo had Giggs, scholes, ferninand, vds etc.

Who's shielding the younger lads nowadays?

Rashford needs breaks and established players around him

Roboc7

I think people need a reality check, we aren’t a great team, we aren’t going to be one in the near future or spend 500m in the summer to have a team of superstars. Going to have to build a team over period of time, improve collectively and individually and show some patience.

Rashford clearly isn’t the finished article but he has lots of potential and very few forwards at his age are consistent and don’t are often infuriating to watch.

Ban

It might be tabloid reports, but that often means one thing, his agents are angling for a new contract for him, hence all the being linked with Real Madrid, Barca etc.

That still fecks me off because hold off on it, til youre actually doing a consistent reliable job and share even a passing resemblance to a player that commands those sort of wages.
Maybe his agent is angling for a new contract but I bet tabloids made up that figure. It gains clicks and makes people panic.

buckooo1978

Well we were linked with a senior striker last season in Mandzukic last year and people laughed it off. Claimed he’s not better than what we got.

Looking across Europe it’s hard to find a striker. I wouldn’t touch Icardi as the last thing we need is another big ego with problems.
I'd like someone like Insigne though hes a different kind of player.

A second striker would be useful in taking some of the pressure off....I dont rate Lukaku in the long term

Ace of Spades

A bit weird to say that he is arrogant considering that even with recent injury and illness, he was probably one of our most hard working players. Pressed their players for the whole game and forced them to make mistakes, and made them not play their natural game from.the back. Also, created our best chance in the game, which ahouls have been buried.

He tries a bit too hard, and his inconsistency stems from that. But at least when he plays, he creates something from those tries. If some of the more experienced players could step up, and actually create something, then that would be helpful. Pogba was almost invisible today, Lukaku is only good at pointing and giving thumbs ups. He certainly can't be relied on to create chances. McTominay played well, but he is not a creative player, Fred was our deepest CM. Dalot is the same as Rashford young and inconsistent, and Young is somehow still playing in a game of this level. We need to sort our attack, but the problem is certainly not Rashford but the players around him.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I wrote a long answer to the Rashford thread about how I disagreed that we should build around a 21 year old inconsistent player that has certain problems but I decided against it because I couldn't be bothered with the answers that I knew that I was going to get.

He's a frustrating player, a talented one, with weaknesses that get a light shined on them in games like these.

fallengt

Every time I watch him he's either solid or plain crap, 2/10 and 8/10 is what I mean.

He's never been anything in between. He's certainly not ready to lead the line. If the board see him as next Rooney and give Rashford 300k/w then Gods help us

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Welbeck was a lot better he just didnt do the shooting and scoring part. But running was out of this world.
Dribbling? I would give Welbeck that, but Rashford has the raw pace, just needs to improve his close control. He tries to do everything at the speed of light, that's his issue at the moment.

siw2007

There’s nothing wrong with failing the first time you face one of the best teams in the world, as long as he is willing to learn from it, which I think he is.

There’s a lot of pressure on his shoulders for a player who is still learning his trade. He’s had a bad game (after a promising 1st half), he should get some tough love but keep absolute faith in the lad, he’s done really well for us this year.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He is a frustrating player but I don't want him to lose his assuredness. No way would he have scored that penalty against Paris without that mentality. Just needs to find the right balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.