Is it time to burst “Rashy’s” bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Rather be wrong and see a United player do well and my OP spoke about an attitude adjustment which we have seen in spades .. Ole deserves credit for his man management of Rashford. As for trophies, as a club we are still no closer to being a top side.
He does the same things only hes better at it? I dont think it has anything to do with attitude at all

ROFLUTION

Rather be wrong and see a United player do well and my OP spoke about an attitude adjustment which we have seen in spades .. Ole deserves credit for his man management of Rashford. As for trophies, as a club we are still no closer to being a top side.
Except he has the same attitude :drool:

MalcolmTucker

He will never be more than a peak Darren Bent, which wouldn't be bad but certainly not anywhere near world class status. We need an RvN.
It's just going to keep happening . You have to be completely brainless to think selling your best goalscorer and expecting Rashford to replace him is going to work

Never in a million years is he going to be capable of scoring enough goals in a season. Never
Hes a pace merchant with no other qualities. Limited technical ability, mediocre shooting and zero strikers instinct. We put in so many crosses in the 2nd half he should have been smelling, but he was nowhere near them
He’s such a brainless idiot it’s just laughable.

We’d be pissing ourselves laughing if he and Lingard played for our rivals.
Some choice comments from the beginning of the season :lol:

Rashford has a very strong argument to be, after Mbappé, the best young centre forward in the world. Fans must be patient with him while he puts his game together. He has such an extreme range of gifts and such a high potential that it’s perfectly understandable for the refinement process to take a minute.

People are often frustrated with the things that he tries, but the reality is, everything he is trying is something he’s done at least once in top level football. The capability to do it is there, and the potential to do it consistently is there, if only he keeps at it. We’ve seen him step up and score a couple free-kicks. We’ve seen him score from range, we’ve seen him leave defenders for dead with the ball at his feet. Why would anyone want him to just resign himself to playing everything ‘simple’ at the age of 21, when there’s been demonstrable evidence already that he could be so much more than simple?

Bare with him would be my suggestion. We shouldn’t be trying to take the wind out of his sails. He’s scoring goals in the teens since he was 20-odd, that is respectable for now. He will move into the 20s if he scores 3 or 4 more free kicks a season and 3 or 4 more long range efforts. He also needs to score 3 or 4 more tap-ins.

I’m note worried about him at all. I share the same frustration watching him at the moment, but I have accepted that this is part of the process. A time will come when we will need to call it one way or another, but that time is not while he is a 21 year old striker.
A little positivity among a din of vitriol

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think he’s more of a team player and sulks less and the animosity that Jose was trying to create between him and Martial is no longer there.
I dont remember that at all.

To me nothing has changed, he's had a bit more time but with that, more pressure put on him - the talent was always there, he''s just a young lad, which is why this was such an odd thread create.

Enigma_87

You know who
Him, Martial and also Greenwood(still too early of course) have talent in abundance. All still young and some would be entering their prime/peak. Under progressive management we can have the attack sorted for years.

roseguy64

Proud of Rashford. He's absolutely stepped up this season. Especially since we've been playing him exclusively on the left. Proven worthy of the investment in him.

I knew he had it in him but he was much too wasteful and greedy the last couple seasons so I doubted him. Love to see the maturity and improvement now.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Only Sterling has scored more goals in all
comps than Rashford amongst PL players.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Bent was a basic #9. Solid goalscorer but very limited.

Rashford is one of the best young talents in the world.

Your post was dreadful.
Which mean feck all if he has his entire career ahead of him. He still has too demonstrate it year after year to live up to any sort of "best talents in the world" hype.

Lemansky

Which mean feck all if he has his entire career ahead of him. He still has too demonstrate it year after year to live up to any sort of "best talents in the world" hype.
He has been one of the best performing younger players in the world for a while now. Some of our support can’t recognise this as the team he has been playing in ain’t very good. Ronaldo and Rooney etc had quality experienced players around them. Rashford is now one of our leaders, and don’t have the same support around him at all. He is an exceptional talent and we should be very proud to have him in our club. A potential home grow world class player.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He has been one of the best performing younger players in the world for a while now. Some of our support can’t recognise this as the team he has been playing in ain’t very good. Ronaldo and Rooney etc had quality experienced players around them. Rashford is now one of our leaders, and don’t have the same support around him at all. He is an exceptional talent and we should be very proud to have him in our club. A potential home grow world class player.
That's a good point.

Betson

If he was playing for another club we would be preparing an 100 million plus bid for him right now, but such is the gloom around the club we don't realize how good this lad and are far too quick to criticize him if he has a bad game etc.

If we could sort out a decent midfield and get this lad some decent support the Sky is the limit for him.

MalcolmTucker

That was just a short way of saying that Rashford has so many more strings to his bow than Darren Bent ever had - they are completely different players. It's one of the silliest predictions/comparisons I've ever read on here.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That was just a short way of saying that Rashford has so many more strings to his bow than Darren Bent ever had - they are completely different players. It's one of the silliest predictions/comparisons I've ever read on here.
Bent was a pretty good player for a year or two. Nothing to be frowned upon.

In the meantime, let's not attempt to pretend Rashford is Fat Ron circa 1997

mu4c_20le

I've said it before and I'll say it again, on current form he's better than Sterling, and the best English player in the world. Must be why he keeps getting picked even during that bad patch, because the coaches know what he's capable of.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It just shows that football fans know feck all about football, especially when it comes to identifying talent. Hilarious to see fans talk so demonstratively about players when they haven't got a clue. Rashford has shown improvement every single season. Only a braindead fan would right him off. This thread should be perpetually bumped.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It just shows that football fans know feck all about football, especially when it comes to identifying talent. Hilarious to see fans talk so demonstratively about players when they haven't got a clue. Rashford has shown improvement every single season. Only a braindead fan would right him off. This thread should be perpetually bumped.
If you want it bumped when he's playing well then you will also see it bumped when he isn't. This sort of point scoring is pointless in the end.

Fridge chutney

Being brain-dead about football is all part of being a football fan :)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
My previous post is the best of this thread.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If you want it bumped when he's playing well then you will also see it bumped when he isn't. This sort of point scoring is pointless in the end.
He's been steadily improving ever since he's broke into the first team. Sure he will have patches of bad form but never needed his bubble burst. The point is fans should show a bit more patience with young players. I'd say it's lesson-learning rather than point-scoring.

432JuanMata

OP had a point at the time I agreed when this thread was opened but he has stepped up and kicked on huge this season which is making it look silly

lsd

The Oracle
Some choice comments from the beginning of the season :lol:

Yep he is proving me wrong and I'm really happy he is and hopefully will keep doing it .

I honestly did not think he could score goals week in week out like hd has been doing , all credit to him

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
:lol: it's amazing that even when the evidence is staring you right in the face, people can't admit they were wrong...even with the veil of anonymity.

I thought giving him £250k was a big risk at the time but fair play to Ole. Can't believe people are criticising Rashford's attitude. It's what got him so far in the first place. Incredible desire to learn and the confidence to take that into Old Trafford and keep at it even when misfiring. Add in the determination now of carrying us while playing through injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.