Is it time to burst “Rashy’s” bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I just wouldn’t bother with Twitter personally if I was a footballer but we are all different.

The fact that he’s gone and posted that means it’s been on his mind, which is a bit naff.
He's managed to create a lot of good change in the country using twitter alone. There's a lot of power to it, good and bad. It's not his fault that people are toxic to him.

Stretender

I'am one of Rashford's biggest critics. But today I salute him. That goal is as good as you will ever see in the premier league.

Top class performance, top goal. Thank you Rashy

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's managed to do create a lot of good change in the country using twitter alone. There's a lot of power to it, good and bad. It's not his fault that people are toxic to him.
And it comes back to my thin skin point. Yes, we know that he shouldn’t have to deal with the shit. But the reality is that there are lots of trolls online. So either don’t engage on the platform, or use it for good but completely ignore and disregard the views of the plebs. Part of being an elite level athlete is the ability to mentally compartmentalise. The best way to deal with trolls is to starve them of oxygen, not post a message that shows you are rattled. Just my two cents.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
His goal today reminded me of Ronaldo's last-minute winner against Fulham some years back; pace, determination and a classy finish.

He's got everything in his locker to become a world class footballer.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I was worried about Rashy after injury, during the end of the last season, but since the start of this new season he has been almost the only bright light in our team. Amazing goal today. Hope his good form continues.
Wut? He was awful against Palace. Absolutely dreadful.

Ed9

He deserves to tweet something like this. We can thank those stupid criticisms from the Idiot’s Playground as Liam Gallagher aptly labelled Twitter for inspiring him to pull that off. Now to carry on doing that, starting next week against the man who caused his back injury, Matt Doherty.
I think it was Noel.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
And it comes back to my thin skin point. Yes, we know that he shouldn’t have to deal with the shit. But the reality is that there are lots of trolls online. So either don’t engage on the platform, or use it for good but completely ignore and disregard the views of the plebs. Part of being an elite level athlete is the ability to mentally compartmentalise. The best way to deal with trolls is to starve them of oxygen, not post a message that shows you are rattled. Just my two cents.
Fair enough but I think there's a massive difference between being able to take criticism on your performance as an athlete and being attacked personally, especially when he is doing great things. This extends to the racism that many minority ethnic footballers get too, of course we can't just expect footballers to disassociate themselves from it. Mental health is real in footballers just as much as everyone else. Maybe he did take it too personally but he has 3.3M followers that expect football related posts, so it's quite a loud crowd he has to ignore and he's a 22 year old kid still learning.

Maybe a topic for another thread.

roseguy64

I just wouldn’t bother with Twitter personally if I was a footballer but we are all different.

The fact that he’s gone and posted that means it’s been on his mind, which is a bit naff.
He's using twitter to advocate so he needs to be on there.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
feck me, he’s got a bit of a thin skin.
He's being given a load of abuse for trying to help children in poverty. Footballers are easy targets but he's probably dumbfounded at some of the criticism he's received.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Fair enough but I think there's a massive difference between being able to take criticism on your performance as an athlete and being attacked personally, especially when he is doing great things. This extends to the racism that many minority ethnic footballers get too, of course we don't expect footballers to disassociate themselves from it. Mental health is real in footballers just as much as everyone else. Maybe he did take it too personally but he has 3.3M followers that expect football related posts, so it's quite a loud crowd he has to ignore and he's a 22 year old kid.

Maybe a topic for another thread.
I’m totally with you. Constructive criticism about your performance as an athlete should be fair game but all that other stuff is beyond the pale. It’s not right, but we know there are a lot of scum bags on sites like Twitter. If my son were a footballer, I would advise him to steer clear of such platforms. Of course, there is an irresistible pull because of the scope to make even more money, so I guess it’s about taking the rough with the smooth. Good on Marcus for getting his goal today and I thought his performance was getting to nearer the level it should be. It’s been quite a while since we were able to say that.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Rashford should just ignore and keep on doing his work. There is no need to respond on Twitter everytime

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's being given a load of abuse for trying to help children in poverty. Footballers are easy targets but he's probably dumbfounded at some of the criticism he's received.
Very possibly. But it shouldn’t come as a surprise. This is sadly the society we live in. I listened to a podcast with Louis Theroux and Troy Deeney earlier – what an odd couple! Deeney spoke a lot of sense around needing to block out all the nonsense on social media. I suppose everyone is different though.

sugar_kane

69 goals for United and he's only 22, amazing return and not even that far behind our highest ever scorer at a similar age.

feck all those so-called United fans who want to shoot him down constantly.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Nice goal today but he is still way too inconsistent for me. His high energy pressing has all but disappeared. Look at the 3/4 minutes before brightons second goal. He was practically strolling around not defending from the front at all.

DevilRed

Pretty poor again today outside of the goal.

Worked much harder though and looked fitter.

Need to keep improving along with Martial and Greenwood.

His timing is shot with all the offsides. Must improve.

Gazza

feck me, he’s got a bit of a thin skin.
Not really, no. For giving back in a tweet to the many thousands of horrendously abusive tweets he's had recently? Good on him and he should keep doing it, and every United fan should support him in doing so.

Gazza

A shame that people look at the work Rashford has done to help this country and take this perspective. This is how change happens, people - someone has to do something to make a change, even if they get told to sit down and be quiet. How refreshing that a young person says "No, feck this, I won't sit down and be quiet". But yeah it's "naff" :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He could have an original Ronaldo display every week and some would still dislike him, or sit in the shadows waiting to have a go.

Just the nature of football fandom unfortunately.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He deserves to make that tweet, morons telling him to ‘focus on football’ can get in the bin and good for him for saying that!

Feed Me

I'm hungry
A shame that people look at the work Rashford has done to help this country and take this perspective. This is how change happens, people - someone has to do something to make a change, even if they get told to sit down and be quiet. How refreshing that a young person says "No, feck this, I won't sit down and be quiet". But yeah it's "naff" :lol:
It is a shame that’s how people behave on Twitter but that’s the reality. If I was Rashford, I wouldn’t waste my time reading what no marks were saying in response to my Tweets. And I certainly wouldn’t be snapping back with emojis after having scored a goal today. As I keep saying though, each to their own.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Wut? He was awful against Palace. Absolutely dreadful.
They were all dreadful against Palace. Every single one of them. Rashy did score a great goal in the League Cup game, though and another one today (+ the disallowed offside one was a great shot)

DevilRed

Nice goal today but he is still way too inconsistent for me. His high energy pressing has all but disappeared. Look at the 3/4 minutes before brightons second goal. He was practically strolling around not defending from the front at all.
To be fair he was our lone out ball, which 99% of teams would implement the same tactic when defending a lead.

Whether or not he should have been back helping is a tactical decision.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Nobody should abuse our own players directly to them. Have your opinions by all means and share them on forums. But don't tweet hateful things at our own players, especially ones who are Utd fans as well as players. Rashford hurts like we do when we lose.

He scored 1 less goal than Martial last season. He's got 2 goals this week. Hopefully will give him confidence.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Nobody should abuse our own players directly to them. Have your opinions by all means and share them on forums. But don't tweet hateful things at our own players, especially ones who are Utd fans as well as players. Rashford hurts like we do when we lose.

He scored 1 less goal than Martial last season. He's got 2 goals this week. Hopefully will give him confidence.
I don’t disagree.

Gazza

It is a shame that’s how people behave on Twitter but that’s the reality. If I was Rashford, I wouldn’t waste my time reading what no marks were saying in response to my Tweets. And I certainly wouldn’t be snapping back with emojis after having scored a goal today. As I keep saying though, each to their own.
Easy to say until you've been in that position yourself, though, in fairness... We are blessed that no one gives a monkeys about what we say on here :)

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Easy to say until you've been in that position yourself, though, in fairness... We are blessed that no one gives a monkeys about what we say on here :)
Yeah, that’s a good point. I just look within the game itself and there are examples of players who don’t bother with social media and therefore probably don’t have the stress of dealing with trolls. From my point of view, those players have the right idea, as it’s less hassle. It’s a sad indictment of society that people are forced to make such a choice though. I totally appreciate it’s shit we’re having a debate about whether posting on Twitter is worth it for fear of having to receive vile abuse. Rashford should be able to use such a platform for good without all the nonsense he’s getting.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
He u questionably is a top tier talent. He just needs the team to reach his ceiling with him to give him the best chance to achieving the successful career he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.