Is it time to burst “Rashy’s” bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Think a lot of people joined the band wagon in deciding that he's a kick and rush merchant and now they desperately want it to be true. Can't really see why else you wouldn't absolutely love him.
It's a damn shame they cannot see the nuances developping in his game. He's varying it so much now, very exciting to see

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Funny thing is that it is kind of well known how much Tuchel admires Rashford and would love to have him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Happy he got us the win in the end but he is so wasteful for the majority of games and his decision making is poor. Against a team that won't play as badly as PSG did tonight, we can't afford to have him be so poor.

For 90% of the game he was our second worst player, Martial being the worst.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's a damn shame they cannot see the nuances developping in his game. He's varying it so much now, very exciting to see
Yes, he's only going to get better, injuries permitting. People are forgetting how young he is and no matter how many games you play you still develop until you hit your peak. Rashford hasn't hit it yet and he's nowhere near.

Judas

Open to offers
Can't be bothered to go on about the fluffed chances if he ends up doing that at the end. He's still young, and he doesn't let those moments bother him, still at it right to the end.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Happy he got us the win in the end but he is so wasteful for the majority of games and his decision making is poor. Against a team that won't play as badly as PSG did tonight, we can't afford to have him be so poor.

For 90% of the game he was our second worst player, Martial being the worst.
What game were you watching? Both of them were pretty good, Martial 's hold up play was fantastic.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I apologise right now for ever comparing this guy to Mbappe. Get him replaced next season. The guy needs be controlled remotely like a game of FIFA. I’ve had enough of him.
:houllier::houllier:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
In all seriousness, how many clear cut chances did he feck up? 3 chances 1 goal is a good fecking return.

Godfather

Great goal and a match winner.

Which other aspects of his game that was on fire?
Well arfter looking eally really slow and down on confidence after his injury he seems really quick of the mark again, he takes on defenders and scores goals. Just needs to work on his decision making a bit.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Can he be frustrating at times? 100% Is it clear he's missed half a season of development when it comes to his first time decisions? Sure! Is it completely obvious that he's still developing into a world class talent, and we need to be excited about the player he's becoming? 100000000000000000000%

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Cracking goal but really quite poor tonight. Very wasteful in some in incredible positions.

Think playing centrally with another striker will bear fruit though. Hope we keep the shape.

Maureen-yo

Great goal and a match winner.

Which other aspects of his game that was on fire?
His running in the channels was sublime, you’ve just had Rio, Fletcher and Hargreaves waxing lyrical about his runs and directness tonight. You think otherwise?

redshaw

Rashford was a great outlet throughout the game, just missed the finishing of the Newcastle game but then provided the business near the end with a move and shot in off the post. This game and the Newcastle, his running sharpness is extremely high right now and very Ronnie esque. Terrorized both teams.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Its simple really: when Rashford isnt in the game he can still (and often does) pull off a worldy as Ole would say. When Tony isnt in the game he s just not gonna score. Period. That makes Rashers the infinitely more valuable player. (and yes I realize this thread isnt about Tony but especially after tonight I think its fair to bring it up).

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Can he be frustrating at times? 100% Is it clear he's missed half a season of development when it comes to his first time decisions? Sure! Is it completely obvious that he's still developing into a world class talent, and we need to be excited about the player he's becoming? 100000000000000000000%
Exactly. Players cannot be perfect anyway, what he is already doing for our club is fecking amazing at his age

Bobski

His movement was great, kept finding dangerous space, isolating their CB's, being a great outball for Bruno especially. It was in marked contrast to Mbappe and Neymar who constantly came deep, made very few runs off the ball and made it quite easy for our defenders.

His execution wasn't top notch for most of the game but keep stretching the defense and good things will happen.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
United fans who just don't realize how special Rashford are morons. If he was playing for some other team then most of the same fans would be asking us to spend 100m to get him.

Nitewolf

I wonder sometimes if people remember Ronaldo in his first 3 seasons with us. He was really frustrating most of the time. He was rash, made some poor decisions, shooting when was supposed to pass, crossing when he was supposed to shoot, and very wasteful in general. Yet, he kept playing game after game, SAF sold arguably the best number 9 in the history of our club for him, and kept pushing him, and gradually his numbers started to improve, till he became the player we now adore.

Rashford career so far has the same trajectory, even his style of play, shooting, speed. It's just about mentality and coaching now, he can achieve great things for us.

Since his debut, almost in every big game, even when Ibrahimovic was there, and later with Lukaku, it was mainly Rashford who came with the answer, he scores the important goals. Just check his stats against the rest of the top six.

I don't know how can any Man United fan not see that he is our best talent in the last decade, every other coach praise him and fear him. Yet some of our fans think he is rubbish, it's really weird.

Reactions: jojojo

Comet49

It won’t be long before the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid are after him.

pass.pass.pass

Post-match, Rio compared him to a young Rooney: capable of the brilliant and the sublime but not yet polished in his all-round game. It is indeed frustrating to watch him; he often messes up on short passes and doesn't look up at his teammates. Even with the goal, he completely ignored the run Pogba was making into the box, which proved to be the right decision, but at other times that is a flaw in his game.

And when he does look up, his weight of pass can be all wrong. He should have played Martial in early in the second half.

But all those things can be fixed with better coaching and focus. He's 22 now; he has to polish himself this season. He can be a complete forward.

They can sniff all they like; Marcus Rashford is Manc born and bred!

Reactions: jojojo

UpWithRivers

I dont get this missing chances accusation. All attacking players miss chances. The great Neymar and Mbappe didnt score did they? Fernandes misses chances and misplaces passes all the time. But he is excused because 'He takes risks'. Its about keeping going and scoring one of the chances and thats exactly what he did. Job done.
That defense were sht scared of Martial and Rashford. Yeah not everything came off but they were battering at that defense all game. This is the sign of the great players. It not always works but you keep your head up and you just keep going.

Dante

Average bang
PSG will probably be in for him next summer, too. They have a habit of trying to sign players who do well against them in the CL. Rashford's scored the winning goal against them twice now. He'll never go, of course. But a bid of some kind wouldn't surprise me.

Redfan94

I thought it was common knowledge as a forward that if you’re through on goal with a defender closely behind you, your next move should be to cut across the defender meaning any challenge will likely result in a penalty. So many times last night that he was clear of his man only to allow him to make an easy challenge.

That said, it’s the hallmark of a good player when he can have a bad game like Rashford was having and then produce something like his goal at the death.

A few small little tweaks to his game and I can see him being a world beater.

Skeezix

Rashy is almost back to his best again. Seems like that back injury is in the past now.

Big Game Player!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.