Is it time to burst “Rashy’s” bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

I know it’s Mata. But he was through on goal regardless if Rashford used his brain and left the ball alone. He’s such a brainless idiot it’s just laughable.

We’d be pissing ourselves laughing if he and Lingard played for our rivals.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The definition of a confidence player. When he plays well he's very good. Sadly, that's only about 10 games a season. When he's bad he looks like an amateur.

edcunited1878

Rashford might just be the next super sub but Ole probably doesn't want to do that.

James-Martial-Greenwood/Chong. Rashford first attacking sub off the bench and will be direct as possible. James is holding down a wide area but looks better from the left because he is better from the left.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We should have bought Haller.

Rashford for me will only ever become a vardy level player, and he’s not even playing at that yet.

lsd

The Oracle

Rashford for me will only ever become a vardy level player, and he’s not even playing at that yet.

I wish we had Vardy but you are right we needed a striker who we could rely on.

Ole somehow thought that would be Rashford he made the call and it's such a bad call

lsd

The Oracle
I know it’s Mata. But he was through on goal regardless if Rashford used his brain and left the ball alone. He’s such a brainless idiot it’s just laughable.

We’d be pissing ourselves laughing if he and Lingard played for our rivals.

That done my head in when he messed up that through ball . It's just typical of the countless brain dead decisions Rashford makes

Velvet Revolver

He plays within himself. He makes a mistake and keeps it inside, doubling down on it, hiding behind "mentality" and ego instead of owning up to it. He'll stagnate if he doesn't actually tries to change his formulas some. He'll just be stuck with making the same mistakes, not being free from his own image which holds him back. So yes, burst him bubble.
this!

even when he mispasses the ball or screws up a good pass I don’t see any apology or a raised hand to his team mates saying I messed up that was a good pass! It’s more like I can do what I want cos no one else can replace me!

being selfish as a striker is ok, but you need to have the skills and finishing to go along with that!

Kopral Jono

Why does Rashford feel the need to fall on his back each time he shoots with his left peg?

As a footballer he's got plenty of pace, good technique and can be quite good on his day, but he ultimately has a footballing IQ of about 60 at best and that's me being generous.

tjb

He's not that technically special, luckily he's improved on his shot. He's not a great thinker, so never gets in the right positions and barely creates chances for others. He has a small speck of dribbling ability, but it shows up in moments and doesn't have the lifespan that a class dribbler would have. He's adaptable, but wouldn't learn and craft a role on the right flank where the team needs him most. He has pace, but lacks the awareness of when to use it and the strength and hold up ability to provide options when he can't use it. Rashford is only 21 and is improving slightly season by season, but I fear that we have just been enabling an average squad player with opportunities that others would die to have. James showed him up today on the left flank, not just in game, but the entirety of his existence as a left winger for utd.

Ole knows he does not have the potential to be a great striker and pushed martial up there instead ( remember that ole is a striker himself, so can identify the required qualities of the role). What if we have just been wasting our time on him? He's not like Martial that has the clear abilities but has lacked consistency either. This is a player that his attitude rather than skill was the cause for hope for him. We have Greenwood and Gomes who were technically better than what rashford was at that age, are we potentially blocking thier chances to enable a player that may eventually play for everton? Thats my fear regarding him. I may be wrong, he had some good moments last season, but under Jose, he was a complete flop as was martial. Thats 3 seasons worth of poor and inconsistent performances. What if that is who he is 80 percent of the time like that time span showed us.

Alabaster Codify7

Said this another thread. Rashy is closer to Vardy than many would like to admit. The difference being, Vardy doesn't think he's a superstar really - he's a good team player and knows what he's good at. Rashford has been allowed to believe in his own hype by the manager, board and fans. Rashford is a kick and run merchant with iffy finishing. No real skill, no real creativity and poor team ethic. This is going to prove to be another terrible contract handed out. Martial has massive flaws, but his finishing and general striker ability is beyond 'Rashy'.

Also, on Haller - this team needs a Plan B. If that Plan B is hitting a target man, then so fecking be it - the goal is to win football games, not win moral high ground. This squad is crying out for a big, clinical CF to bring on if the chips are down.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

If he ends up as good as Vardy we should thank our lucky stars. I doubt he will though.

roykeane19

Said this another thread. Rashy is closer to Vardy than many would like to admit. The difference being, Vardy doesn't think he's a superstar really - he's a good team player and knows what he's good at. Rashford has been allowed to believe in his own hype by the manager, board and fans. Rashford is a kick and run merchant with iffy finishing. No real skill, no real creativity and poor team ethic. This is going to prove to be another terrible contract handed out. Martial has massive flaws, but his finishing and general striker ability is beyond 'Rashy'.

Also, on Haller - this team needs a Plan B. If that Plan B is hitting a target man, then so fecking be it - the goal is to win football games, not win moral high ground. This squad is crying out for a big, clinical CF to bring on if the chips are down.
I said the exact same words 2 years ago, back when everyone was saying he had more potential than Martial. I must be the only person who can see things how they are, even then people are only turning on rashford now, because were havign a bad run.

Theres no middle ground on forums, everything is either one extreme or the other. All in all rashford is not good enough, and needs to go, or be a impact sub

Toad

He’s mediocre. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is another Walcott. ‘Still young and got time’ when he is in his late 20s. Hope he proves me wrong but I can’t see it at the moment.

iKeano

Massively overrated.
His petulance stinks.
He’s not a centre forward, he’s not a winger, he’s not a number 10.
He has bags of potential but his attitude is rotten.
I don’t look forward to inevitability of him becoming the next Lingard/Wellbeck... being accepted at Utd long past his sell by date because he’s a local academy product.

Renegade

Should be our 3rd choice striker behind Martial and an established striker. He’ll look brilliant here and there but his no where near good enough to have the importance his been given. We’re not finishing above 6th having to rely on Rashford.

So far away from justifying that huge wage his on.

Alabaster Codify7

I said the exact same words 2 years ago, back when everyone was saying he had more potential than Martial. I must be the only person who can see things how they are, even then people are only turning on rashford now, because were havign a bad run.

Theres no middle ground on forums, everything is either one extreme or the other. All in all rashford is not good enough, and needs to go, or be a impact sub

Shhhhh.
They'll call you less of a fan for actually being able to gauge a player's ability.

If Rashy was Lithuanian, he would never be on 200k a week given his output/performances. He'd even less so be accepted by some fans as being the prime example of progress at a club like United.

Put it this way. I was a GK for a long time, then a LB. I would rather play Rashford 10/10 times a week than someone like Zlatan. Zlatan would cause me, and all other defenders, a nightmare even if the team wasn't playing well. Even if the team was playing well, I'd still be far more confident with Rashford as the main striker than a proper CF.

beingshe7don

Rashy is the same as Jesse.... Too much hype but no end product. We've got all these players at the club that are masquerading as superstars when they are not.

Apart from Pogba, who is a genuine World Class superstar at the club?

De Gea used to be a superstar but the game has evolved and GKs need to do more than just be a shot stopper. I think he comes in Tier 2 below the likes of Ederson and Allison. De Gea is resting on his laurels at the moment.

fezzerUTD

Rashy is the same as Jesse.... Too much hype but no end product. We've got all these players at the club that are masquerading as superstars when they are not.

Apart from Pogba, who is a genuine World Class superstar at the club?

De Gea used to be a superstar but the game has evolved and GKs need to do more than just be a shot stopper. I think he comes in Tier 2 below the likes of Ederson and Allison. De Gea is resting on his laurels at the moment.
What?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I remember when everyone suggested he was held back by Mourinho. At least now people are finally seeing he's not the level he has to be yet in order to lead our line.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Today's 2nd half is the worst striker performance by a striker in United's shirt since I watched the team. Even useless old Rooney would have come up with a pass/goal when he was bad. 'Rashy' was beyond useless for the whole half!

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I'm assuming the supposed Barcelona interest was all bollocks? I mean it has to have been.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why does Rashford feel the need to fall on his back each time he shoots with his left peg?

As a footballer he's got plenty of pace, good technique and can be quite good on his day, but he ultimately has a footballing IQ of about 60 at best and that's me being generous.
Because his technique is good on his left and the ball is running away from him which makes it more complicated. He tries to wrap his foot around the ball when he does that

Canagel

A serious club will buy a RW and bench him/sell him. Martial is far better at 9 and James has demonstrated better IQ than him in 3 matches on LW coming straight from championship. Enough of this sentimental nonsense. 4 seasons of PL is enough to demonstrate some skills beyond basic kick and run style.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Rashford is a very good talent mate. Under Pep I can see him bordering world class. It's all about confidence and direction for young forwards.

Under the right manager he could definitely become one of the best forwards in the world.
Come on now

Tony247

I remember when everyone suggested he was held back by Mourinho. At least now people are finally seeing he's not the level he has to be yet in order to lead our line.
Mourinho's attitude is questionable but his assessment of players is usually spot on. I did not say 100%. There are few players over his career he was expecting to perform which they didn't. But barring few excpetions his assessments has quite high % of being right. At the end he is a very experienced manager and when he doesn't rate someone high or praises someone, at least better to heed his views.

Initially he rated Rashford's workrate very high. I remember him mentioning Rashford specifically in an interview. But later somehow his interest in Rashford (and Martial too) wore off.

Guapa

Inconsistent and not improving since bursting on to the scene.He’s got the tools but needs to progress or be dropped.No where near good enough to lead the line for UTD.

Water Melon

Zero ability to play with back to goal or bring others in to play, zilch of positional anticipation, almost non existent ability to read the game. Average finishing ability too. Speedy player with rashy decisions. Hope he improves and improves a lot.

Eric7C

Rashford can pull off some moves from the training ground very well such as running onto a long pass from Pogba, which has resulted into a few goals for him. Sometimes his first touch is world-class, other times it's a bit sh*t. He does not have a striker's instinct. He is an average winger in that he is not a good crosser. Overall, any other time in the last 20 years, he would be a good squad player.

lsd

The Oracle
I'm assuming the supposed Barcelona interest was all bollocks? I mean it has to have been.

Off course it was they probably pretended they were in for players like Rashford to put pressure on the club whose players they did want

Jeffthered

A young player who thinks he is far better than what he actually is.

'I want to be a top, all-round forward...'

This is what he said a few weeks ago. Really Marcus? And what does that mean exactly?

There is no guidance from players for him. He needs humility.

So he hangs around with 'J-Lingz'.

Great.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
90% of things he tries - he fails at. 10% of things he does makes him look world class.

That split is pretty much the definition of any midtable top league average player.

Because it’s Manchester United we unfortunately amplify and romanticize the 10% of our players.

Alabaster Codify7

The Welbeck comparisons are exaggeration but not too far away from the truth. He's an extremely limited player who had great purple patches for us and conned the club into thinking he was awesome. I genuinely believe this will be a Sanchez-esque mistake. He won't score more than 15 a season for us, he's too limited. And we'll end up struggling to upgrade if our board ever get a kick up the arse and a top manager comes in - a top manager will see 'Rashy' as 'an option'. A very good option, but an option nonetheless. And how do we then shift him, or drop him to the bench, when he's earning 200k a week? The club is the pits.

Status
Not open for further replies.