Is it time to burst “Rashy’s” bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I actually thought he was older as people have been moaning about him for what feels like years
Tammy Abraham is older than Rashford. He’s a confidence player, I think having Martial out and the pressure on him to lead the line and get the goals was too much, he relaxed back with England, where he has Kane and Sterling to share the pressure and now Martial’s back and firing, he’s in a better and more relaxed frame of mind and it’s working wonders.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I actually thought he was older as people have been moaning about him for what feels like years
The caf is full of idiots.

As soon as he has a couple of poorer games again the lunatics will be back out of the woodwork calling for him to be loaned to a lower league side

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's only 22 tomorrow for feck sake!

Anyone who's been writing him off is a dope.
Shame I can't use "he is just 21 ffs" anymore. Will have to use "he just turned 22 ffs".

Agree with your post btw, people are too quick to write off young players.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The caf is full of idiots.

As soon as he has a couple of poorer games again the lunatics will be back out of the woodwork calling for him to be loaned to a lower league side
This. It's laughable that Rashford is one of the most criticised players on here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His end product is dreadful.
created chances and his overall game was very good. His finishing was poor, apart from that he was very good. Running at defence, creating chances, linking up play.

Runaway Sue

He is an "almost good player". He has the right ideas, his skills just cant catch up with his thought process. All i see him do is try run in to a bunch of players and try finesse his way out of it like he is Martial and always lose the ball. He is as smooth as an elephant in a china shop. Decent option from the bench, nothing more.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
His overall play has been really good, but he really, really should have scored at least 1-2 goals from those massive chances. Probably wont have any consequences today, but in tighter games you really need your striker to convert those regularly

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His end product is dreadful.
His overall play has been really good, but he really, really should have scored at least 1-2 goals from those massive chances. Probably wont have any consequences today, but in tighter games you really need your striker to convert those regularly
That's a by product of getting precious few chances game in, game out. We do this weekly and the goals will come.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Trying everything and showing plenty of energy but he's clearly not a goalscorer. He'll do okay on the wing but should never ever play as our main striker. In games where chances are at a premium you wouldn't want them falling to him.. edit, he's just scored a cracker!

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I barely rate him as a lone striker. A different player on the left and that's where he should stay.

Enigma_87

You know who
missed 2 sitters but the assist and goal - generally has been very very good..

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He's just so much better suited to the wing. Puts his head down too much to play as a centre forward. Enjoying his partnership with Martial at the moment. The interplay is much better than with Rashford central.

Runaway Sue

Haha yea, ill eat the humble pie today :)

Anyhow, long may it continue!

edit: Still, i cant see him being an important player in the forthcoming decade. We need better. Decent option from the bench, as i said i my first post

Last edited:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Good performance tonight from Rashford, I much prefer Martial as our central striker but they show glimpses of being a good partnership.

good goal though from Rashford.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Reminds me of Bale at times, he’s going to have one season soon when everything clicks. The intensity, talent and hunger is there.
Feel like this is the attitude at the club and with clued up fans.
It's a case of will it all click or will he end up a Walcott.

Withnail

Feel like this is the attitude at the club and with clued up fans.
It's a case of will it all click or will he end up a Walcott.
I honestly think it is coming together for him at the moment and he's finding more consistency.

People complain when he misses chances and say he'll never be a 20 goal a season striker but so far this season he's got 8 goals in 14 starts and since Ole took over he's scored 21 in his last 48 games.

It could all fizzle out into a Walcott situation but he's definitely performing at a much higher level than a lot of people are giving him credit for. In a properly run club, he should only really be breaking into the team this year.

FujiVice

Hopefully his composure will come in time. Sterling was the same. I think Rashford is quietly having a good season to be fair to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.