Is it time to burst “Rashy’s” bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Ronaldo at 21/22 years in the 06/07 season:
23 goals, 21 assists in 4386 minutes of footbal - that's a goal every 190 minutes and an assist every 208 minutes.

Rashford at 21/22 years in the 19/20 season (so far):
22 goals, 11 assists in 3019 minutes of football - a goal every 137 minutes, and an assist every 274 minutes.

I'm not saying Dr. Rashford will win 5 Ballon D'ors, I'm saying he's a fecking gem of a player for his age.
This is really skewed by the fact Rashford takes penalties, however.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How does one search up posts made by him/her in this thread? I'm using the 'Who replied?' functionality but can't seem to find my username there. Sorry if off topic but I am curious to see what my input was on this thread haha. Cheers.
In the search, there is a dropdown 'everywhere', change it to this thread and then give the user name.

Gomes

He is United's POTY but he definitely needed some bubble bursting at one point. He has cut off those totally unnecessary long shots. His teamwork and passing are actually his strongpoint now

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
“He’ll never be more than a peak Darren Bent” is another classic hot take from this thread.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
this thread is always a reminder that the grass is always greener :lol:

Pace Abuser

Tbf the original post was correct at the time. It was also measured. A lot of the replies were the usual hyperbolic whinging though.

Rashford has vastly improved his mentality and attitude. He was going through a period of selfishness that comes with an inflated ego. The "ego bubble" has burst and he's a much better player for it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He confuses me and i cannot shake off the feeling that he is headed down the path of the dark side, the Danny Welbeck side.
He is a kid who refuses to pass and is very selfish. Needs to be put in his place.

He isn’t a world class striker. There’s nothing that shows he is going to be one. His instinct inside the the box is non existent. He can’t hold the ball up. The only thing he’s got going for him is that he’s not as bad as Lukaku.
Welbeck was a better player, much better football brain. Why has Rashford become undroppable?, he's been shite. End of story.
He’s worst than welbeck just get shut
Here's some genius comments and I only looked at the first 2 pages.

The Welbeck comparison should be framed at the top of the Caf home page

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I was very VERY critical of him, right up until Ole was appointed really. I never thought he'd be good enough. Thought he'd be welbeck esque. I'm delighted that I was so wrong.

Ole deserves a lot of credit for bringing him on, but not as much as Rashford himself does. What an absolute superstar.

Squeaky Bumtime

What a silly thread. From the name of it, Rashy in quotation marks (condenscending) to the content.

Championship player, worse than Welbeck, trash player, prime Darren Bent, some would take Agbonlahor over him, no techniqe, wooden legs (what?!), needs to be put in place (what the hell).

The amount of criticism our young players sometimes get is staggering. Every time Marcus has a dip in form it's regarded as he's a bad footballer and never's gonna make it at United.

How much more he needs to prove and how to convince some fans he's a very good player who can be only better and better?

He's been called selfish too, anything under the sun to pin on him and criticize him. That's just sad. If anything it seems Marcus has burst a lot of bubbles.

Reactions: roonster09

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
His stats are amazing. Same goals and assists as Mane in the league, who is considered world class, but I think Rashford has played less minutes (not 100% on that).
Comparing stats for this season across all competitions:

Sterling (36 G+A) : 27 goals, 9 assists in 3572 minutes - 132 min/goal, 396 min/assist, 99 min/g+a
Jimenez (36 G+A) : 26 goals, 10 assists in 4133 minutes - 158 min/goal, 413 min/assist, 114 min/g+a
Salah (35 G+A) : 23 goals, 12 assists in 3956 minutes - 172 min/goal, 329 min/assist, 113 min/g+a
KDB (34 G+A) : 13 goals, 21 assists in 3376 minutes - 259 min/goal, 160 min/assist, 99 min/g+a
Mane (33 G+A) : 21 goals, 12 assists in 3607 minutes - 171 min/goal, 300 min/assist, 109 min/g+a
Vardy (30 G+A) : 23 goals, 7 assists in 3248 minutes - 141 min/goal, 464 min/assist, 108 min/g+a
Martial (30 G+A) : 22 goals, 8 assists in 3125 minutes - 142 min/goal, 390 min/assist, 104 min/g+a
Son: (30 G+A) : 18 goals, 12 assists in 3005 minutes - 166 min/goal, 250 min/assist, 100 min/g+a
Aguero (27 G+A) : 23 goals, 4 assists in 2092 minutes - 90 min/goal, 418 min/assist, 77 min/g+a
Ings (26 G+A) : 23 goals, 3 assists in 2919 minutes - 126 min/goal, 973 min/assist, 112 min/g+a
Auba (25 G+A) : 23 goals, 2 assists in 3365 minutes - 146 min/goal, 1682 min/assist, 134 min/g+a
Kane (23 G+A) : 21 goals, 2 assists in 2860 minutes - 136 min/goal, 1430 min/assist, 124 min/g+a

Rashford (33 G+A) : 22 goals, 11 assists in 3019 minutes - 137 min/goal, 274 min/assist - 91 min/g+a

Only Sterling, Aguero, Ings and Kane have scored at a faster rate, and only Ageuro has a better rate of goal/assist contribution.

Also, of course I did Bruno's numbers, but it's England + Portugal :
Bruno ( 45 G+A) : 23 goals, 22 assists in 3830 minutes - 166 min/goal, 174 min/assist - 85 min/g+a

Edit: Rashford is over 2 years younger than the next person on the list - Martial (who himself is a full year younger than the next person on the list - Sterling).

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If we burst his bubble now he'd explode and we'd probably see all the Ronaldo juice he has got inside him. Dripping with it right now. Leakin'.

Sorry for the strong visual.

joedirt87

Here's some genius comments and I only looked at the first 2 pages.

The Welbeck comparison should be framed at the top of the Caf home page
he still has moments of welbeckian chaos, but I am glad to be wrong and see that he is improving and should be a far better player (is already a far better player).

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
he still has moments of welbeckian chaos, but I am glad to be wrong and see that he is improving and should be a far better player (is already a far better player).
No he doesn't. Have you ever seen Welbeck flipflop defenders with ease and breeze past them? Or score 30 yard freekicks whistling into the top corner? He is so far past Welbecks level its embarrassing to still be comparing the two.

DevilRed

As good as he has been, I still think he hasn't even got out of 3rd gear yet!

He looks like he is still finding his fitness and sharpness in front of goal.

It bodes very well for us!

roonster09

Scout
Most of us were gutted after the Southampton game, some fans will be more gutted after the Crystal Palace game since Rashford was top class in it.
Yeah, no doubt about it. They will see good time to come back with usual backhanded compliments.

SirScholes

He's absolutely fine. Maybe the publicity surrounding his campaign has got to him a bit. But he's still class
totally agree, this day and age players have 1 or 2 quiet games by their standards and they are torn apart by the fans.

vodrake

I have never understood the mentality of wanting to be delighted to be proved wrong. Being proved wrong means you just proved yourself a massive donkey. If you are happy with that it is cause for concern
It's great, you get to constantly spout utter nonsense about a player you don't like and then not take any responsibility for it when shown up.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bojan11
"No, I want a striker in their prime and not be some development club. Under Fergie we used to always have 4 very good strikers. Striker is not a position you want to play development unless you got someone world class at a young level like Rooney was for us. And his free kicks are terrible."

Priceless

EnelDoobacabra

The kid is pure class and I hope he gets given the armband in the future. Glad to see so many leaders finally developing in the team again.

Toddler

I have never understood the mentality of wanting to be delighted to be proved wrong. Being proved wrong means you just proved yourself a massive donkey. If you are happy with that it is cause for concern
Dont really get you.

If we buy a player thats bad at first (you doubt his ability, "i dont think he is good enough") and then he becomes world class. If you are not happy to be proven wrong there, then your motives and agenda is questionable. It is completely normal to have doubts over a player and then to be proven wrong.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I honestly can’t remember the last season where we had at least two of our best players in top class form at the same time. Because of how janky our system and a total lack of cohesion, it’s almost entirely one player playing well for spells, and then another picks up the slack a little while after that. Normally between De Gea and Pogba
Since the turn of the year we’ve had at least two of Martial, Rashford, Bruno, Pogba and even Greenwood all play at top class form at the same time. Huge difference since the last few years.

Dion

"Bursting his bubble" is about the most moronic thing you can do for a young striker. There isn't a striker alive worth his place in the team who isn't arrogant as feck. Even if they don't have the ability you gain absolutely nothing but destroying his confidence, you just take away half of what they already have to make them a top striker.

Squeaky Bumtime

The way he progressed since Ole took over ant the way Ole has been handling him has been brilliant. He matured so much as a player and added a lot of things to his general play. He's becoming an all round modern, striker. If Mourinho has stayed he would certainly burst his bubble, not to mention Martial or Greenwood.

That's the United way, lads from our academy becoming stars, exciting times. :drool:

roonster09

Scout
“He’ll never be more than a peak Darren Bent” is another classic hot take from this thread.
Thought this was the peak.
Will get Ole sacked, he wont return the numbers or performances for the amount of mins he plays.

Would take Vardy, Darren Bent even Abonglahor over him. Absolute rubbish of a footballer, championship level.
Makes it even worse that Agbonlahor become Abonglahor

Status
Not open for further replies.