Is it time to burst “Rashy’s” bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSSnake

Was often left frustrated with some of his decision making. Especially the one where he was 2 on 1 and should have just drove in on goal however he was much often our main threat and very much in the game unlike Martial. All forgiven Sir Marcus and love to see Di Maria in tears. Confidence is growing back and touch wood the back injury is fully healed.

Please continue your goal scoring form against Chelsea!

GazTheLegend

Happy he got us the win in the end but he is so wasteful for the majority of games and his decision making is poor. Against a team that won't play as badly as PSG did tonight, we can't afford to have him be so poor.

For 90% of the game he was our second worst player, Martial being the worst.
Jesus Christ

'We are going to need him to play better when we come up against truly elite opposition' are we?

Like for instance against a team that's spent a billion pounds on signings that made the champions League final? Scoring the winning goal and roasting their team quite a few times in the process?

The redcafe.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Lots of 'fans' seem gutted Rashford scored. Absolute jokers.

Clear off and support somebody else plastics.

GazTheLegend

United fans who just don't realize how special Rashford are morons. If he was playing for some other team then most of the same fans would be asking us to spend 100m to get him.
This

He was up against two 200million players in Mbappe and Neymar. What if they'd been on our side? I don't know what it is with our fans. It's like they've bought in to the endless negativity and can't drag themselves out of it even when we beat a team as good as psg (who haven't lost at home in the Champions League group stage since 2004 I believe?)

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
The match day thread was at it again with him. Sure he made some mistakes or made the wrong decisions. But the absolute worst of it was that they called him lazy. I mean how clueless do you have to be to call Rashford lazy.

Really enjoyed his goal yesterday.

Pav1878

I think the criticism of Rashford has been justified. He has looked a shadow of himself since lockdown. That's why fans are frustrated with him, as they know he's a good player on his day.

He just doesn't seem to affect the game, and his body language has been all wrong when things aren't going well. Obviously a great goal and that is what we want more of from him.

Rio said it best when he said Rashford needs to add the poachers goals and increase his numbers. He also needs to up his work rate and tracking back, because if he isn't scoring or assisting, he offers little else recently.

Pav1878

This

He was up against two 200million players in Mbappe and Neymar. What if they'd been on our side? I don't know what it is with our fans. It's like they've bought in to the endless negativity and can't drag themselves out of it even when we beat a team as good as psg (who haven't lost at home in the Champions League group stage since 2004 I believe?)
That is comparing those players over one game. How about comparing them over a season or two or three?

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I think the criticism of Rashford has been justified. He has looked a shadow of himself since lockdown. That's why fans are frustrated with him, as they know he's a good player on his day.

He just doesn't seem to affect the game, and his body language has been all wrong when things aren't going well. Obviously a great goal and that is what we want more of from him.

Rio said it best when he said Rashford needs to add the poachers goals and increase his numbers. He also needs to up his work rate and tracking back, because if he isn't scoring or assisting, he offers little else recently.
Clueless.

Strelok

The match day thread was at it again with him. Sure he made some mistakes or made the wrong decisions. But the absolute worst of it was that they called him lazy. I mean how clueless do you have to be to call Rashford lazy.

Really enjoyed his goal yesterday.
I saw a poster called Bruno lazy.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Lots of 'fans' seem gutted Rashford scored. Absolute jokers.

Clear off and support somebody else plastics.
Sums it up for me!

Morons on the match day thread last night were doing my head in. Things like, 'Rashford is shit,' defied belief

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Made some bad decisions, but worked his socks off and kept running. Must be difficult for him coming in from the right onto his left foot. As soon as he got the ball out of his feet towards his right foot, i was confident he would score.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Some of you need to understand that Rashford criticism is more about what a monster he can become, rather than that he's a poor player.

Let me put it this way, he scored a great goal yesterday and was close to scoring from outside the box before.
BUT, his "pass" to Martial when we were 2vs1 was not even shown in feckin highlights! And it's a kind of situation he thrives on, acres of spaces to run into. Criminal that we didn't even get a shot from that.

If he improves on the easy things, he will be fantastic and that's the most likely way to take us up a level as a team.

GazTheLegend

That is comparing those players over one game. How about comparing them over a season or two or three?
This forum is on a wind up. There's no other explanation. You will happily judge Maguire over one game but not a great season like last season then say you can't judge Rashford against the champions League finalists.

I'm reporting every single one of these posts because I'm about done with logging on redcafe to see people continually slating our players and team for seemingly no other reason than an agenda or worse - looking for bites like you've got here.

Drainy

The one thing to remember with this thread is that the context was a period when he was showing an immature selfish streak and was making a lot of low percentage shots.

Now people are concerned he's gone too much the other way. It takes time for players to master their game. Just stay patient.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sums it up for me!

Morons on the match day thread last night were doing my head in. Things like, 'Rashford is shit,' defied belief
Martial has yet to have a single shot on target this season let alone score and its all anti Rashford as usual. He's got 4 goals now too. Hahahaha

It's becoming a joke. Mostly our plastic foreign fans too it seems. Maybe it's an English thing?

And I'm not having a go at Martial. His form will return too. Just making the point of the hypocrisy.

fps

If posters looked at players from other teams with the same critical eye as they judge the minutiae of their own, they’d get a shock. No player is perfect. Rashford kept at it last night, one thing for that will never be doubted is that he is doing everything he can to squeeze every last drop of talent into performance. Fantastic perseverance and bravery to keep going when things weren’t coming off for him. And of course, ultimately, he is good enough. Others can try as hard as they like and never will be. Kept going, won us the game.

Inigo Montoya

Martial has yet to have a single shot on target this season let alone score and its all anti Rashford as usual. He's got 4 goals now too. Hahahaha

It's becoming a joke. Mostly our plastic foreign fans too it seems. Maybe it's an English thing?

And I'm not having a go at Martial. His form will return too. Just making the point of the hypocrisy.
It's general mate! Some were even blaming Rashy for the own goal!

It's a line of thinking that we should have signed: Haaland,Kane,Lewandowski and Messi. Not being patient with our own home grown players. The way they were last night, Greenwood would have got stick

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Some of you need to understand that Rashford criticism is more about what a monster he can become, rather than that he's a poor player.

Let me put it this way, he scored a great goal yesterday and was close to scoring from outside the box before.
BUT, his "pass" to Martial when we were 2vs1 was not even shown in feckin highlights! And it's a kind of situation he thrives on, acres of spaces to run into. Criminal that we didn't even get a shot from that.

If he improves on the easy things, he will be fantastic and that's the most likely way to take us up a level as a team.
This, hes got all the tools to be one of the best strikers in the world, but consistency is a big issue.

That being said, last season was his best season yet, hes still young so if he keeps improving he will get there in time

Inigo Montoya

You've totally misinterpreted what Rio said and using comments out of context to justify quite an absurd assessment

Inigo Montoya

This, hes got all the tools to be one of the best strikers in the world, but consistency is a big issue.

That being said, last season was his best season yet, hes still young so if he keeps improving he will get there in time
At the same age Kane scored 26 while having a few years on loan.
Rashford has come into Utd as a teenager and has been improving his scoring since his debut.

Point being, patience is key.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned

If this is the case then they should support him. He’s 22, he not matured as a player or a person completely.

Withnail

If this is the case then they should support him. He’s 22, he not matured as a player or a person completely.
He has a lot of development still left in him and his decision making is improving. He's gotten better and more productive each year since he broke through. It's bizarre to me that people are so harsh on him when he's constantly improving.

It was a big night last night and he made the wrong decision on occasion. He's still not firing on all cylinders from what I can see but he'll be the better for it.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
I think Rashford is playing great, is mature beyond his years & people should give him a break. Stop being perfectionists!

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
I've seem games when Salah was around 25 and fluffing many chances, took him a while to get his scoring boots. Be patient with Rashford.

Perfectly put, far, far too many perfectionists out there. Great comments & insights.

Sylar

Dnt worry, next game he wont score (but have a similar game) and people will go back to calling him RashBeck or Rashbonlahor or Rashford or whatever those stupid names they used to have.

I dont get why some expect every player to be perfect for every minute otherwise they are criticised.
As some have said, he still has development left to get better than he is. But he deserves respect especially given the injury he had which can take quite a toll on you (and it did seem he came back really quickly from it aswell).

Borys

Statistics Wizard
People cheered after his goal, but he got his share of criticism. That seems fair as he fecked up a couple of times.

I don't think anybody is saying we should bench him for missed chances, so don't know what's the fuss about.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Jesus Christ

'We are going to need him to play better when we come up against truly elite opposition' are we?

Like for instance against a team that's spent a billion pounds on signings that made the champions League final? Scoring the winning goal and roasting their team quite a few times in the process?

The redcafe.
PSG were not an elite team last night and it is clear that no pre season is having an impact.

Man City, Liverpool, United, Barca, Dortmund, Real, Juventus, PSG have all started the season fairly poorly compared to usual standards, which is clearly due to covid and no pre season.

Great win yes but don’t pretend PSG were good last night, Rashford can’t be so poor for 85 minutes of games and everyone be happy. He won’t pop up with the winning goal in every poor game, todays goal gives him some leeway in his poor performance.

Unless you are blind or watched a different game last night.

Happy he got us the win in the end but he is so wasteful for the majority of games and his decision making is poor. Against a team that won't play as badly as PSG did tonight, we can't afford to have him be so poor.

For 90% of the game he was our second worst player, Martial being the worst.
As a forward his job is to score goals and win us the game. That’s what he did with an excellent finish. You can’t even discuss about fluffed chances when he put it away when it mattered.

PSG are known to be a top 3 team in the world with a world class keeper and a amazing front 3. We won’t be playing a better team than that this season (apart from Bayern).

Glorio

You're right that he looked poor after lockdown, but he's picked up this season. It's easy to miss because the team hasn't been great but he's sprinting again, pressing aggressively, and a lot more direct.

cyberman

PSG were not an elite team last night and it is clear that no pre season is having an impact.

Man City, Liverpool, United, Barca, Dortmund, Real, Juventus, PSG have all started the season fairly poorly compared to usual standards, which is clearly due to covid and no pre season.

Great win yes but don’t pretend PSG were good last night, Rashford can’t be so poor for 85 minutes of games and everyone be happy. He won’t pop up with the winning goal in every poor game, todays goal gives him some leeway in his poor performance.

Unless you are blind or watched a different game last night.
They werent elite because we made them look that way. Their FBs couldn't get forward because we put the fear of God into them, our mdifield is better than theirs and our defenders are very, very good at 1v1 defending. Us pinging their FB back isolated their front men and starved them of support and we broke on them the other way because those isolated attacker dont track back.
We made them look poor because we were excellent.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
As a forward his job is to score goals and win us the game. That’s what he did with an excellent finish. You can’t even discuss about fluffed chances when he put it away when it mattered.

PSG are known to be a top 3 team in the world with a world class keeper and a amazing front 3. We won’t be playing a better team than that this season (apart from Bayern).

Lukaku scored plenty of goals for the club, didn’t hide the fact that he was dreadful for the most part. Goal or not, Rashford played dreadful and his all round game has been poor all season. Criticism is justified.

Also they are not top 3 in the world at this moment, maybe in the latter stages of the season yes because their fitness levels will be at their normal level.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Needs to be more ruthless but he’s a super talent and has potential to hit world class heights.

PSG must love him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
They werent elite because we made them look that way. Their FBs couldn't get forward because we put the fear of God into them, our mdifield is better than theirs and our defenders are very, very good at 1v1 defending. Us pinging their FB back isolated their front men and starved them of support and we broke on them the other way because those isolated attacker dont track back.
We made them look poor because we were excellent.

That is partially true, but I guess you know more than professional pundits who all said PSG played poorly, they were lethargic and didn’t look at full fitness.

We ran 7km more than them, they looked sluggish and out of sorts. Credit to United but don’t pretend PSG were at their peak condition like in last seasons CL, because they weren’t.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Some of our fans have lost sense of reality I think. They expect perfect decision making and execution every single time from all the players.
What Rashford has done to evolve and change his game is amazing.
He's nowhere near as frustrating as 2 seasons ago and he has become a match winner, creator of havoc for us. Appreciate him because he is ours

Lukaku scored plenty of goals for the club, didn’t hide the fact that he was dreadful for the most part. Goal or not, Rashford played dreadful and his all round game has been poor all season. Criticism is justified.

Also they are not top 3 in the world at this moment, maybe in the latter stages of the season yes because their fitness levels will be at their normal level.
Lukakus big game record apart from ironically the Paris game in 2019 was dreadful. Worlds apart from Rashford who continually scores against the top 6 and in huge games. Again - I wouldn’t say Rashford was dreadful when he pops up with a moment of genius like that in a away game in the CL.

Did you not watch players like Ruud or Rooney?In half their games sometimes the all round play flattered to deceive but when Ruud scored two to win a game or when Rooney slammed in his overhead kick against City, who cares?

Rashford in 2020/2021 now has 4 goals and 2 assists in 6 games. He’s personally been brilliant with a 1:1 goal and assist to game ratio. Well on track to match and beat his record last season.

PSG not top 3 in the world at the moment because of fitness levels? That makes no sense because we didn’t have a pre season either - the same for most teams! So surely you can’t take that into account as it’s a disadvantage for everyone. Who are the top 3 teams in the world “at the moment”? Everton, Aston Villa and Real Sociedad? Come on now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.