Is it time to burst Mbappe's bubble?

Fooza

inb4 James comparisons, all pace but no end product

Idxomer

He's overrated as feck and no one can tell me otherwise.

Still a great player mind, him and Rashford are same level for me.
Both switch between the sublime and the terrible very smoothly.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His performance tonight was is biblical disaster and not even Pogba & Benzema could change that fate.

Beyond shocking really.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Mbappe was awful tonight. He’s out of his comfort zone when he’s not playing in the french league.

Charles Miller

He is vastly superior to Rashford. The difference in skills is colossal. I think this comparison is embarrassing to be honest.

Powerhouser

Supports
Bayern Munich

Rashford isnt even half the player Mbappe is.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I’ve said this after a few of his CL performances that I’ve seen - he’s incredibly talented and a very good player but is way overhyped.

Hasn’t really progressed in 3 years.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He is vastly superior to Rashford. The difference in skills is colossal. I think this comparison is embarrassing to be honest.
No it's not. Get Mbappe playing for United and let Rashford play fodder week in week out in Ligue 1 -- They'd look similar.

Luke1995

There's nothing to burst. He had a bad tournament. Doesn't mean he will necessarily have a bad next season.

Robertd0803

He had a rubbish tournament. Doesnt make him a rubbish player automatically. He would still walk in to any team on the planet in the morning.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
:lol: wait till his next good game everyone will say he will be the best in the world again. Bad tournament but still a world beater and only won the World Cup 3 years ago ffs
Scored in the final if I recall correctly

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
0 goal in Euro, miss the penalty which got his team out from competition too. Who could have thought that.

Matthew84!

He has had a very bad tournament for his standards but he looked dangerous without scoring in some previous games.
Last night it just didn't go for him, I think he will be haunted with that penalty miss for a while but he's a top class striker,

Honestly I think all the speculation about his future was weighing on him and I think he'll be back to brilliant best once that's sorted.

Many other star names have had bad tournaments so its not just him,

mister_olumide

Supports
tottenham
I really do think, keeping a level head and not admitting to being the star of a team has its pros, than cons.
One of the things that endeared fans to Messi, was that regardless of how ridiculously good he was, he never had that air of arrogance around him, and was never a selfish player, neither was he a narcissist.
Maybe the publicity and oil money came in too soon for Mbappe, he might go down the James Rodriguez roots of stagnating talent that never hit his ceiling.
He clearly is head and shoulders talented, but his talents still requires intense management. Seems he doesn’t even admit this, when you play with Neymar, you’re not likely going to admit you’re not as good as the papers say anyway.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
He is still world class in my eyes with his explosive pace and positioning. Yes he had a bad tournament but no tournament is complete without at least one under performing top player.

ashneel

Man the French journos are fuming..It's beautiful :lol:
One on tv said, Mbappe's biggest contribution in the Euros was that he ran fast

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I think he managed to burst his own bubble today but I wouldn't rule him out just yet. People are forgetting how young he still is. Hopefully this is a learning experience for him and he can improve on his natural ability and grow into a more mature player.