Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
When they sold Bruno they were skint and in trouble. Now they are league winners looking to play CL.

What position was Southampton when they sold van Dijk? I dont think it is very relevant what position Leeds is at. They are in the PL, dont have to sell, dont want to sell. Probably their best player and certainly the one with the highest potential. Just bought him for £20 mill and have him tied down on a long contract.

I think they feel the sky is the limit with Bielsa. If you think they will sell players with high potential easily you are in for a surprise, I think.
Agreed.

We also had to break the British transfer record to sign Rio Ferdinand from a relegated Leeds who were in a dire situation financially at the time. I have no doubt they would ask for a ridiculous sum.

croadyman

Agreed.

We also had to break the British transfer record to sign Rio Ferdinand from a relegated Leeds who were in a dire situation financially at the time. I have no doubt they would ask for a ridiculous sum.
Was Smith we signed when they got relegated not Rio

Michael T

I think Sancho is as good as done; I expect it do be wrapped up pretty quickly and with little fuss from either side.

As an aside, I also think Rice (a drawn-out saga, lessened slightly if Lingard is involved) will follow and a CB. Pogba to extend, eventually.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

He was playing as a LW in his last 10 games. This really won't make people happy here but I really do think he's a much better LW than a RW, he has the license to cut inside and be a bit more unpredictable. He can be good on the RW but you won't see the best of him.

Joseunited

I think Sancho is as good as done; I expect it do be wrapped up pretty quickly and with little fuss from either side.

As an aside, I also think Rice (a drawn-out saga, lessened slightly if Lingard is involved) will follow and a CB. Pogba to extend, eventually.
That would be a 1st class transfer window.Will it happen?
I actually think yes it will.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He was playing as a LW in his last 10 games. This really won't make people happy here but I really do think he's a much better LW than a RW, he has the license to cut inside and be a bit more unpredictable. He can be good on the RW but you won't see the best of him.
The three that play behind Cavan are fluid. I see both Pogba, Rashford and Greenwood interchanging a lot. Pretty sure if Sancho plays on the right, he will habe license to drift.

croadyman

That would be a 1st class transfer window.Will it happen?
I actually think yes it will.
Would be happy with a less well known CDM IF we can get the top targets at CB & RW, also think that a backup RB is still a real possibility but could well decide to just give Dalot/Laird an opportunity there when AWB needs a break

stw2022

“Joel Glazer to approve.....”

This has definitely come from the club

Widow

Weekly Sancho scouting. Dortmund can ensure CL with a win today. Anybody else watching?

Edit: A couple of assists already

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
2 assists for Sancho which means that he's on 4 goals and 5 assists in 4 of his last games (including the ongoing one).

laughtersassassin

I wonder when people will stop pretending that Sancho isn't worth big money?

Only himself Muller and Messi have got 20+ assists every season for the last 3 seasons.

laughtersassassin

He was but he was putting up these numbers at RW in his previous two seasons so..

He isnt like our other wingers he is very good on both sides. It's a good thing not a negative.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I wonder when people will stop pretending that Sancho isn't worth big money?

Only himself Muller and Messi have got 20+ assists every season for the last 3 seasons.
Everyone fancies themsleves as a bit of a football manager who can find better value in the market themsleves.

Sometimes though , you spot genuine brilliance and need to go for it. Imagine if instead spending big of Rio back in the day we decided "nah I'll have me two CMs instead for that money".

Ralph1386

There’s a lot more noise in the media about Sancho and a CB.

I 100% think that we need a DM (and Ole probably does too), but judging by media noise, Sancho and a CB look definite. Maybe even a cheap RB alternative. But a DM is not definite. Hope I’m wrong as we really need one.

Rolaholic

Had 2 assists in the first half of a must win match

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Had 2 assists in the first half of a must win match against another side fighting for a CL spot
say what? Mainz aren't fighting for the UCL spot

its not a must win game either and the first half was played as such

Walters_19_MuFc

I saw Dortmund were winning 2-0 and I could have bet my bottom dollar that Sancho was involved in at least one of the goals. Turns out he assisted two.

His numbers are ridiculous for someone so young.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Had 2 assists in the first half of a must win match
If you are talking about today: Mainz is not fighting for anything. Since yesterday they know they will not be relegated and are even more hungover than Dortmund after their cup win on thursday.

Rolaholic

say what? Mainz aren't fighting for the UCL spot

its not a must win game either and the first half was played as such
Mistook them for Frankfurt initially :lol:

Still a must win for Dortmund if they plan on qualifying for the CL

Rolaholic

No surprise Dortmunds gortunes took a complete 180 once he came back from injury

8 goal contributions in the last 4 matches and they look like a proper outfit once again

Just imagine that sort of creativity and dynamism added to the likes of Bruno and Pogba to supply the forwards we currently have...

charlenefan

Sancho hasn't actually been all that in this game, he's had the type of game Rashford has which he regular gets pesters for i.e. he was shit apart from the cross or he was shit apart from the goal

marktan

Sancho hasn't actually been all that in this game, he's had the type of game Rashford has which he regular gets pesters for i.e. he was shit apart from the cross or he was shit apart from the goal
He's had quite a few of those games in the CL and for England.

charlenefan

He's had quite a few of those games in the CL and for England.
I mean I'm not criticising the lad and would love to see him but you can see the posts a mile off

I think people are expecting Messi based on the posts

Walters_19_MuFc

Rashford and you can add Bruno to that, too. Ultimately, that final ball that we see so often from Bruno, despite sometimes having poor games, gets you three points.

We've all seen the change in form of Dortmund since Sancho has come back from injury.

mav_9me

Rashford and you can add Bruno to that, too. Ultimately, that final ball that we see so often from Bruno, despite sometimes having poor games, gets you three points.

We've all seen the change in form of Dortmund since Sancho has come back from injury.
That's the bottom line. Nobody can play like Messi where he is brilliant through out the game and has the productivity.

Quite simply Sancho has gotten top 4 for Dortmund. Everything changed 2 or 3 games into his comeback from injury. Even if @charlenefan isn't wrong abt Sancho not having a great game...what matters is the final product. Just like Rashford and Bruno as you pointed out.

laughtersassassin

I really do wonder if Liverpool will try bin Mane and steal Sancho from us?

If they where to we'd look like absolute mugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.