Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

I hate the price tag, but I still love the player. We'd all prefer Haaland, but that's just not going to happen. If we can pry Sancho loose for 75m BP in January I say pull the trigger. We have a problem up front, especially on the right side and Sancho is our best option, while we see what the kids we picked up can do to grow into Sancho's cover. I really like Greenwood but it's time IMO that we groom him as a proper striker and either work out Martial as Rashord's cover or send him to a French or Turkish club. I seriously doubt Bayern, Real or Barcelona would be interested in Martial.

Still think we need a DM as well but that's another topic.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think we need a world class striker more. Cavani in one game (southampton) has shown us what Martial lacks.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I wouldn't pay more than 80m for him next Jan

Dortmund could go feck themselves if they still insist on 105m+

lex talionis

The “needs service” argument when it comes to strikers performing poorly is unconvincing. Top strikers score many of their goals in situations where there was no service. What really distinguishes good strikers from great strikers is the ability to score in situations where there chance was virtually nonexistent or self-created.

Think of the many goals Ruud and Wayne (and many other top strikers) scored for us where there was no service, or at least balls that had no right to end up in the goal.

Yes, every striker needs teammates who put them through, but those same teas mates need a striker who score out of nothing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
1-5 defeat for Dortmund at home to Stuttgart yesterday, Sancho subbed off by the looks of things. Guessing he didn't have a good game again

PoTMS

One of the best decisions we've made as a club in recent years is NOT spend £120m on this guy. Sure he's talented but he's got Wan-Bissaka and Maguire written all over him. Overpriced and overhyped. It's not his fault, he's just a kid who happens to be English and reasonably good at football.

Red00012

Dortmund must be kicking themselves they didn’t accept Utd’s bid in the summer because there is no hope we are coming back with the same bid if we do.

Cloud7

Dortmund must be kicking themselves they didn’t accept Utd’s bid in the summer because there is no hope we are coming back with the same bid if we do.
A fair few people suggested this, that the offer United made in the summer was as much as Dortmund were ever going to get for him, but were shouted down by many people who were adamant that his value was only going to go up. Whether it's us or another club, if he does leave next summer I'm 100% sure it's going to be for less than we were offering this summer gone.

Godfather

One of the best decisions we've made as a club in recent years is NOT spend £120m on this guy. Sure he's talented but he's got Wan-Bissaka and Maguire written all over him. Overpriced and overhyped. It's not his fault, he's just a kid who happens to be English and reasonably good at football.
I agree with this. Always thought he was a bit overhyped. Would have taken him but obviously but the moment Dortmund asked for that ridiculous amount of money for him we should have moved on to other targets. Which we didn't...

RoyH1

I agree. And no one, no one is going to pay them that kind of money for Sancho in this market. No one outside of Haaland, Mbappé and Neymar is going for 9 figures in a pandemic economy.

ColorsOfRainbow

Perfect response

Red00012

Very disappointing 45mins by him , his form is very average at the moment .
Had a chance after been played in , he miscontrolled it which lead to him shooting on his left which was straight at the keeper.

No goal scored in the league this season after 12 games 3 assists

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Very disappointing 45mins by him , his form is very average at the moment .
Had a chance after been played in , he miscontrolled it which lead to him shooting on his left which was straight at the keeper.

No goal scored in the league this season after 12 games 3 assists
That’s okay. That should reduce his price to 50m now.

Widow

Spot on!

A good player that could improve as he's still a young kid.

Absolutely no chance of Dortmond seeing £100 million now. The world is still deep in the covid crisis and his performances so far have been avarage at best. Imagine the presure he would have been under if he moved to us with a hefty price tag!

Let us see how the world looks in the summer and see if a deal can be done

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I agree with this. Always thought he was a bit overhyped. Would have taken him but obviously but the moment Dortmund asked for that ridiculous amount of money for him we should have moved on to other targets. Which we didn't...
Isnt this why we went for Diallo and Pellistri for? I know they are young but seemed very weird for them to happen straight after Sancho dropped.

Red00012

Dortmund lost 2-1

Careless in possession , poor finishing and a few dribbles every so often that came to nothing .

P13 G0 A3 in the league.

Now as for the 16 year old Moukoko up top....

cyberman

Is he even worth 50m at the minute? Say 50m is our highest offer next summer, do Dortmund risk another season like this and have a year left on his contract if they say no?
What a disaster

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t see how him starting the season off poorly is any different to martial or rashford. Blips in form happen and it’s not the end of the world. He’s a very good player who had his bags packed and I’m sure he’ll be back in form again soon. I doubt his head is right currently

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Very peculiar how different Dortmund is playing with and without Haaland. They are suffering so hard from the missing production of Sancho this season.

wolvored

Cant see the board going in for him ever again. The fact they bought the 2 kids, who are within a couple of years in age of Sancho, shows that they got 2 chances at RW for a lot cheaper than 1 sancho

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Cant see the board going in for him ever again. The fact they bought the 2 kids, who are within a couple of years in age of Sancho, shows that they got 2 chances at RW for a lot cheaper than 1 sancho
Agree or certainly nowhere near the price Dortmund were asking. Dortmund could end up looking very foolish, suppose Dortmund will just find some other kid from somewhere. As mentioned I think the club has lost it's focus from winning to just finding players and selling them on.

agreed that ship has sailed.

Sancho could take the same path as someone like Walcott.

clearly he’s a good player - but last summer could be the best opportunity that both Dortmund and him ever get.

AshRK

There goes their 100 million unless some stupid club still ends up paying that stupid amount.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
They might get 60mil from Chelsea for him to replace that captain America dud.

Oh I agree. They acted the smart asses, now their asses are getting kicked.
Bothers me more that the same club watched Götze, Lewa and Hummels all join their closest rivals. Yet it's a transfer to Manchester United and Englishman Jadon fecking Sancho that they decide to make their stand on and ask for utterly insane money.

Arsewipes. It's been 8 years of Bayern domination now you feckwits, and lots more to come, at least Haaland let you know in no uncertain terms that you're a stepping stone and nothing more.

Shame, used to really respect Dortmund.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Wonder if Dortmund are still so cocky about turning down big bad Man United in the Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.