Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiagoal

Teams aren't playing against us like they were. Most teams now sit back and look to frustrate us because they know it works. Even good sides do it. City didnt go gung ho against us because of what we did to them last season. Chelsea were defensive and so were Arsenal.

Sancho is all kinds of wrong for us for that fee. Without space in behind to exploit I don't see how he offers us a great deal more than Dan James. He's a better player than James of course but without the space to exploit I don't see the point of him at all.
I was agreeing with you all the way to the second paragraph! Sancho is exactly the sort of player we need against packed defences! His clever dribbling draws defenders and creates space for others!

Bearded One

If we get him and a top class defender, I’d be happy with that.
Absolutely!

My preferred realistic summer outcome would be getting Sancho and a top class left central defender and Haaland staying one more year at BVB (or if he moves, going to another country).

UpWithRivers

How will he do against a low block? Serious question for those who have seen him more than I have.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
How will he do against a low block? Serious question for those who have seen him more than I have.
He's already among the best in the world against low blocks if you ask me. His close control is excellent and utilizes his dribbling skills very well. He not only beats players, he loses small feints and skills to open up passing lanes the opponent usually covers and creates momentum for himself and his team mates this way. Thus plays one twos and through balls in spaces which only moments ago were defended by an opponent player. He's also fully capable of beating multiple players regularly or taking one out completely by a sudden nutmeg or skill move. One of those few players who really suprises you every time you see them play since they are capable of the unexpected but in a productive manner. I think the only players better at it than him are Neymar and Messi himself. Honestly, he's probably my favourite player to watch right now. Stellar talent and I'm really jealous of England. Cherry on the cake of a supremely talented generation anyway.

UpWithRivers

He's already among the best in the world against low blocks if you ask me. His close control is excellent and utilizes his dribbling skills very well. He not only beats players, he loses small feints and skills to open up passing lanes the opponent usually covers and creates momentum for himself and his team mates this way. Thus plays one twos and through balls in spaces which only moments ago were defended by an opponent player. He's also fully capable of beating multiple players regularly or taking one out completely by a sudden nutmeg or skill move. One of those few players who really suprises you every time you see them play since they are capable of the unexpected but in a productive manner. I think the only players better at it than him are Neymar and Messi himself. Honestly, he's probably my favourite player to watch right now. Stellar talent and I'm really jealous of England. Cherry on the cake of a supremely talented generation anyway.
Thanks. Sounds exactly what we need

ForeverRed1

Absolutely!

My preferred realistic summer outcome would be getting Sancho and a top class left central defender and Haaland staying one more year at BVB (or if he moves, going to another country).
yeah I think the creative players come before number 9. Number 9 is like the cherry on the cake when everything else ticks.

centre back. Right wing. Cdm. Then striker

ALSO I WANT GREALISH. Sancho on the right, Bruno in the middle and grealish playing from the left would just be delicious :devil:

Red00012

I'd rather see us sign haaland then him
Let’s be realistic Haaland isn’t going to be joining us any time soon. He wants to win d’Ballon D’or and the champions League. We can’t provide that at this current time.

cyberman

Let’s be realistic Haaland isn’t going to be joining us any time soon. He wants to win d’Ballon D’or and the champions League. We can’t provide that at this current time.
Yet he joined Dortmund?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No. We need a bloody right winger more then any other position.
We've got 3 of the most promising RWs in football with Greenwood, Diallo and Pellistri. Greenwood's stats last season were extraordinary and all was done in a top league not a league that made Mkhitaryan, Havertz and Kagawa look like Zidane, Ronaldo and Messi.

The forward line on the other hand need some serious strengthening. Cavani is ancient and Martial is inconsistent.

devilish

Maybe but that's the only truly WC player Dortmund have. Sancho's stats this season are quite ordinary considering that he's playing in a farmer's league

devilish

haaland wouldn’t get any service with this midfield, especially if pogba goes. Bruno can’t be relied on as heavily next season as he can’t do it over a whole season across all comps.
RVP showed that its possible to win the league with a less then ideal midfield. All you need to do is make every chance count. Martial is simply not able to do that.

Red00012

Maybe but that's the only truly WC player Dortmund have. Sancho's stats this season are quite ordinary considering that he's playing in a farmer's league
He’s been good since January 8 goals and 7 assists in 13 games , up to December he was poor .

Red00012

We've got 3 of the most promising RWs in football with Greenwood, Diallo and Pellistri. Greenwood's stats last season were extraordinary and all was done in a top league not a league that made Mkhitaryan, Havertz and Kagawa look like Zidane, Ronaldo and Messi.

The forward line on the other hand need some serious strengthening. Cavani is ancient and Martial is inconsistent.
Greenwood isn’t a RW and there is no way Pellestri is one of the most promising RW out there.

gajender

RVP showed that its possible to win the league with a less then ideal midfield. All you need to do is make every chance count. Martial is simply not able to do that.
Our team back then still created plenty of chances irrespective of our Midfield weaknesses and it doesn't matter how good striker's are they would still miss chances that's the nature of the game .
Agree with the part Martial simply can't be relied upon.

devilish

Our team back then still created plenty of chances irrespective of our Midfield weaknesses and it doesn't matter how good striker's are they would still miss chances that's the nature of the game .
Agree with the part Martial simply can't be relied upon.
Did we? Scholes and Giggs were ancient, Rooney was in decline while we had Cleverley, Young and Valencia in midfield. The joke back then was that own goal was our best player. RVP converted so many chances into goals. The guy was nearly as lethal as RVN and Ronaldo were.

AaronRedDevil

Greenwood is most definitely NOT a rw. He's a striker. Pining it all on 2 unknown players in Pellistri and Diallo would be suicidal.

devilish

Greenwood isn’t a RW and there is no way Pellestri is one of the most promising RW out there.
Greenwood is most definitely NOT a rw. He's a striker. Pining it all on 2 unknown players in Pellistri and Diallo would be suicidal.
Greenwood's best game with us came as RW. I am pinning nothing on anything really. However if I had to choose between Haaland and Sancho I'll go for the former. I think every neutral not British football fan would do the same. Its really like comparing Bruno to Martial.

Denis' cuff

He's not going to be sold for 100m though? It'll obviously be less. Bloody hell people struggle on here to look beyond thread titles.
people struggle on here to look beyond a ship that has sailed

not happening matey. Save yourself months of angst.

Judas

Open to offers
To be fair I have said this:

If we want him we'll get him for a reasonable price, however most of the noise seems to be along the lines of yeah the Sancho ship has sailed. Around this time last year the noise was very much the opposite. Plenty of time for that to change, and it might just be a tactic.
I want to believe it'll still happen, but I'm much less convinced than I was this time last year, and with good reason.

hubbuh

Excellent, that's me convinced. I need to start watching more of the Bundesliga, I love the sound of the risky, optimistic style of football.

Bearded One

yeah I think the creative players come before number 9. Number 9 is like the cherry on the cake when everything else ticks.

centre back. Right wing. Cdm. Then striker

ALSO I WANT GREALISH. Sancho on the right, Bruno in the middle and grealish playing from the left would just be delicious :devil:
Cavani/Rashford
Grealish Bruno Sancho would be truly delicious!

Whilst I wouldn’t dismiss the possibility of him coming here altogether, I don’t want us going about our business this summer chasing shadows solely focused on big name targets and getting disappointed then resorting to panic buying. If we intend to sign a player in summer, a lot of work needs to have begun in this regard now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
this is the worst opinion in this thread. my god

there’s no way you watch football/ever watched Sancho play
Well it's clearly you who doesn't watch him much. When he plays for England we normally play against teams who sit back and he's not been that great at all.

For Dortmund he gets more space as not many German teams like to park the bus and he's been great.

If PL teams played like German clubs I'd be all for it. They don't though. Most of them park the bus and look to counter. Just look at how Havertz n Werner have struggled to adjust.

TsuWave

Well it's clearly you who doesn't watch him much. When he plays for England we normally play against teams who sit back and he's not been that great at all.

For Dortmund he gets more space as not many German teams like to park the bus and he's been great.

If PL teams played like German clubs I'd be all for it. They don't though. Most of them park the bus and look to counter. Just look at how Havertz n Werner have struggled to adjust.
I'm 100% sure you don't come to this forum to discuss football. Not a single person on this planet can convince me otherwise after you said this:

Without space in behind to exploit I don't see how he offers us a great deal more than Dan James. He's a better player than James of course but without the space to exploit I don't see the point of him at all.
The level of shamelessness needed to try to substantiate such a bad take with "look at Havertz and Werner" is unparalleled. Please proceed. I'm just here to laugh again.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

Teams aren't playing against us like they were. Most teams now sit back and look to frustrate us because they know it works. Even good sides do it. City didnt go gung ho against us because of what we did to them last season. Chelsea were defensive and so were Arsenal.

Sancho is all kinds of wrong for us for that fee. Without space in behind to exploit I don't see how he offers us a great deal more than Dan James. He's a better player than James of course but without the space to exploit I don't see the point of him at all.
:lol: Wum.
Fair play...

Status
Not open for further replies.