Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Won't surprise me if a deal is done early. Don't think either club are in the mood for another saga.

theklr

Won't surprise me if a deal is done early. Don't think either club are in the mood for another saga.
Lets really hope so! Its a big benefit having him training and playing in preseason to gel properly before the season.

Judas

Open to offers
Because of the Euros I'm not sure how quickly we'll get this wrapped up, but my confidence grows daily that this will be the "big" signing, probably the one and only big signing, but what a great one it would be.

SATA

My muppet signing for this summer. Can’t wait for him to join us and link up with Bruno/Pogba/Rashford on that right wing. Just imagine those 4 on the counter :drool:

laughtersassassin

If we signed him early, before Pogba has left I can easily see it convincing him to stay.

I truly believe the only thing Pogba wants is United match his ambition

laughtersassassin

Because of the Euros I'm not sure how quickly we'll get this wrapped up, but my confidence grows daily that this will be the "big" signing, probably the one and only big signing, but what a great one it would be.
I don't think Southgate will bring him. The false narrative that he has been poor and the injury might have tipped it over the edge.

Would be good for us but bad for England

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I don’t think he’s worth £100m plus in a post covid market but I’d absolutely go back in for him this summer up to around £80m.

If we can keep Cavani for another season I think adding Sancho gives us excellent cover on the wings and as No10 meaning we can rest Rashford from time to time and also have a stellar wide attack.

tjb

I don’t think he’s worth £100m plus in a post covid market but I’d absolutely go back in for him this summer up to around £80m.

If we can keep Cavani for another season I think adding Sancho gives us excellent cover on the wings and as No10 meaning we can rest Rashford from time to time and also have a stellar wide attack.
For me, he's the additional playmaker we need in attack.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yep, especially the way we play with overloading the left, imagine a quick switch into Sancho whos left 1v1 with the fullback. With his decision making he'd give tap ins galore.

I think if we're really smart, we buy Sancho this summer and then Dortmund will refuse to sell Haaland.

They'll let him go next year for the release clause, and we have a chance of getting him then too.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If and it’s a big if we had next season:
  • Bruno
  • Sancho
  • Pogba
  • Rashford
  • Martial
  • Greenwood
  • Cavani
That’s enough quality to create and finish chances against anyone in the PL. The addition of Sancho gives us a lot of options

tjb

If and it’s a big if we had next season:
  • Bruno
  • Sancho
  • Pogba
  • Rashford
  • Martial
  • Greenwood
  • Cavani
That’s enough quality to create and finish chances against anyone in the PL. The addition of Sancho gives us a lot of options
I think that's what I learned from sunday. In the second half, we got a lot more narrow in attack, with both Pogba and Rashford moving inside instead of the width we have been using prior. We don't have the consistent deep direct passing ability in midfield or the quick passing transitions to get the ball to our wingers out wide and therefore are usually forced to have slow painstaking attacks waiting for Fernandes led moments of magic.

On sunday our 4231 became more narrow in the attack and it allowed Fred, Mctominay and our centre backs connect more easily with our attackers. This allowed us to build up quickly and get our current attackers, who are actually dangerous, into situations where they had the advantage of support, space and time.

Sancho's agility, balance and driving ability means he can perform this function for us easily on the right. In additon, unlike Rashford, he is more involved in the build up, something I've felt our attackers haven't been great at. Even with our 08 team, there were usually only two attackers that stayed high, which allowed our team to build up quickly whilst they remaining attackers joined in when we were attacking.

Cman

All parties want or need this deal to happen. It’s on for this summer for sure.

Nearist to the pin- I’m going for a 70m up front fee over 3 years(30+20+20) with 5m in achievable add ons bringing it to 75m and a further 5m in harder achieved add ons(CL and Ballon Dor).
Also think the deal get done early, improved relations between both clubs and a strong chance we loan them a player.

Edit. Could see the amount payable for harder achieved add ons to be higher to help Dortmund say face and get the deal done.

Last edited:

pav1790

I am sure Dortmund would be happy to sell at €100m

I am also sure, United nor anyone else, is going to pay that much.
It is going to be sweet sweet schadenfreude. all the posturing is going to come back to bite them in the backside.

JustinC00

This next window matters too much for us. We need to make a big signing which is preferably haaland and other quality shrewd signings(raphinha and a DM). There is no money for Sancho.
How do we have money for Haaland and other signings but not Sancho? It would obviously be Sancho or Haaland. So if we don't have money for Sancho we don't have money for Haaland. Sancho's price (I except it to be reduced and Sancho and his agent to officially push for a move especially if they fail to get CL) would probably allow us to make a couple other signings. Haaland wouldn't, we'd have to make a few sales to make another signing

Judas

Open to offers
It would need to be some very very shrewd signings if people think we'd be able to buy Haaland and some other players. It would be a daft signing at this moment in time.

KennyBurner

How do we have money for Haaland and other signings but not Sancho? It would obviously be Sancho or Haaland. So if we don't have money for Sancho we don't have money for Haaland. Sancho's price (I except it to be reduced and Sancho and his agent to officially push for a move especially if they fail to get CL) would probably allow us to make a couple other signings. Haaland wouldn't, we'd have to make a few sales to make another signing
Read the comment again! There is no money for Sancho becasue we are using it for Haaland. Your basically agreeing with me.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I'd say anything between £60m-70m looks a great price for him. £86m is still a bit too steep in my opinion. Considering he's had an iffy season with regards to form and injuries.

marktan

Dortmund Chief executive Watzke has said that Dortmund will set the price again this summer and wont sell below it. So it'll likely be something like going from 120m to 100m.

In that case I think it'll price us out of a move, I much rather we go for someone like Saint Maximin who I believe is just as talented and would cost half of the fee at around 50m.

Then next summer in 2022 Sancho will only have a year left on his contact and Dortmund can enjoy losing him for a cut price figure or on a free to Bayern again.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Would you guys be for sending Amad the other way and reducing the price significantly.

Judas

Open to offers
Dortmund Chief executive Watzke has said that Dortmund will set the price again this summer and wont sell below it. So it'll likely be something like going from 120m to 100m.

In that case I think it'll price us out of a move, I much rather we go for someone like Saint Maximin who I believe is just as talented and would cost half of the fee at around 50m.

Then next summer in 2022 Sancho will only have a year left on his contact and Dortmund can enjoy losing him for a cut price figure or on a free to Bayern again.
The same price as last summer? Obviously not.

CM

Come off it. Sancho is on a different planet to him in terms of talent, and if we're paying £50m we might as well pay the full whack for someone who does the job properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.