Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk buttercup

watching him at the moment , I would be a fan but he has not been good. He actually looks a bit unfit to me tonight. He really is struggling a bit this season . Haaland looks a Real superstar in every game .

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He would add so much to our side. Still very much my first choice RW.

croadyman

watching him at the moment , I would be a fan but he has not been good. He actually looks a bit unfit to me tonight. He really is struggling a bit this season . Haaland looks a Real superstar in every game .
I want to say a new challenge might revitalise him but it feels like a big gamble to take with a likely limited budget

Godfather

Tbh Dortmund are getting their ass handed to by Leverkusen. That Dortmund midfield is a pure joke.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Tbh Dortmund are getting their ass handed to by Leverkusen. That Dortmund midfield is a pure joke.
Sancho has always been a weird one for me.

Average one in CL. Not anything jaw dropping for England the little chances he gets. All he ever really was consistent in was the Bundesliga and that has gone a bit down hill too.

I just want him because he is a young english player who has done well in Germany - a bit of a prized asset but I honestly would not be surprised if he wasnt as good as people expected so I'm glad the price has gone down from £100 million.

RUCK4444

Gotta be honest I’ve gone off the idea of signing him.

Feck Dortmund, they will be eating humble pie desperate for us to come back to buy him in order to fund their penny pinching business model.

I don’t see it happening now.

We should instead fully focus on Haaland, we should be moving heaven and earth for him. Let everybody know we are going in big for him with the money we had put aside for Sancho.

We need a goalscorer as much as anything, you could argue we would be a minimum of 6 points clear with a top level no 9.

It’s Haaland and a DM for me.

Judas

Open to offers

Feck Dortmund, they will be eating humble pie desperate for us to come back to buy him in order to fund their penny pinching business model.

We should instead fully focus on Haaland, we should be moving heaven and earth for him. Let everybody know we are going in big for him with the money we had put aside for Sancho.

We need a goalscorer as much as anything, you could argue we would be a minimum of 6 points clear with a top level no 9.

You'd ignore the RW for another window? Gambling on one of our young hopefuls to nail that position then? I get the hunger for Haaland, daddy would clearly want want want, I just don't see it viable this summer, and Sancho certainly is.

Polar

We have to go all in if it’s possible to get him for 80m£. Isn’t it approx. what we offered last year?

Dortmund has a really bad day so far. No one plays good, Haaland included, but he is possible excused; not much to work with.

Right now it seems like it was stupid to throw the former coach out the door. A good reminder changing coaches could be is a risky project; a to easy solutions on a complex problem.

RUCK4444

You'd ignore the RW for another window? Gambling on one of our young hopefuls to nail that position then? I get the hunger for Haaland, daddy would clearly want want want, I just don't see it viable this summer, and Sancho certainly is.
Yeah well we were both big posters in the Sancho thread and I was massively behind it but I just think the luck has actually fallen our way on this one.

He had the partying issues which I was ok with but he also looks unfit if I’m being honest which is a big big worry when your spending that much money.

Im certain Haaland and his guaranteed goals would be a bigger impact than signing Sancho for RW.

We can’t risk losing Haaland, there is no alternative nearly as good and our strikers couldn’t hit a barn door at the minute (Cavani aside but he’s temporary)

We are still creating a lot without a top RW, it’s not ideal I know and it’s a joke it’s still not be sorted however scoring the chances we do make is more important going forward.

talking robot

We should test their resolve right now with a 60-65m pound bid. Given his recent performance levels, they'd possibly let him go on the cheap in order to avoid the risk of his value falling further.

James Peril

We need a star striker and we’ve already gotten Diallo. The latter is a kid, but we’ve kind of made our bed for the right wing. Use the money on Håland, although I think he has absolutely no intention of joining the club his father hates. Last part is speculation of course, so we’ll see about that.

marktan

Watching him against Leverkusen, he's been pretty poor. No attempts at taking players on, doesn't make runs. He has good technique but he'd be a huge risk currently at anything over £50m, because he's still pretyy raw. He struggles to impose him self in a lot of games for Dortmund and that'll only be harder in the PL with more compact defences.

We need a player that can take players on on the right, not another sideways pass merchant. It's a shame because he can take players on, but for whatever reason refuses to do it.

Lemansky

Well.. going by the a lot of comments here we gonna have huge competition for him this summer and the price will be a lot higher..

We as a club played this the right way. We were prepared to make a good offer, Dortmund went greedy. 70+10 and sums like these won’t happen. He will be cheaper.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Well.. going by the a lot of comments here we gonna have huge competition for him this summer and the price will be a lot higher..

We as a club played this the right way. We were prepared to make a good offer, Dortmund went greedy. 70+10 and sums like these won’t happen. He will be cheaper.
Competition from whom? Who really wants him?

Polar

70+10 and sums like these won’t happen.
Not sure about that. Next season will likely be business as usual, and the next transfer window will likely be the last “on sale”. I don’t think Sancho’s price will be reduced by 50%. We are lucky if we get him for 70m

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Does he still exist? I literally haven't heard his name in a long while. Seems like Haaland is taking all the attention.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Wouldn't fork out more than we payed for Bruno on him now. Feel we're now in a strong place to start redefining how we operate in the transfer market after the last couple of windows. No more being fleeced.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Not sure about that. Next season will likely be business as usual, and the next transfer window will likely be the last “on sale”. I don’t think Sancho’s price will be reduced by 50%. We are lucky if we get him for 70m
Oh yes it will. After this season he’s had and the performance of Havertz and Werner, the days of big German transfers are dead unless your name is Haaland.

Classical Mechanic

Watching him against Leverkusen, he's been pretty poor. No attempts at taking players on, doesn't make runs. He has good technique but he'd be a huge risk currently at anything over £50m, because he's still pretyy raw. He struggles to impose him self in a lot of games for Dortmund and that'll only be harder in the PL with more compact defences.

We need a player that can take players on on the right, not another sideways pass merchant. It's a shame because he can take players on, but for whatever reason refuses to do it.
Weird. Whoscored says he completed 10 dribbles which is a crazy amount.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I reckon Dortmund would rather accept £50m from literally anyone else than suck it up and accept £70m from us.

TheRedHearted

How to both below?100 million was deemed too high by United, so it seems we rather valued him at 91.3 million which is what we bid . his form has dropped terribly and corona virus is still a problem which will end up being another year of financial hurt, globally.
Considering the drop in form and the continued loss of revenue cause of the pandemic it won’t be that high. 70-75 million for me.

I would say the fee this time will be around 80 - 90 mil £ but including bonuses.

Whatever we do, I just hope we plan the window much better than the last one. Actually buy a DM first, maybe CB too and then play the waiting game for Sancho if needed.
bingo. This is a fair price.

I doubt the club planned itright. You're giving them too much with their dealings in the transfer over a long period. Since Sir Alex and David Gill left its been a scatter gun approach until Ole brought in a semblance of normality.

I think with a good right wing option we would have won a few more points. Still believe Grealish would be a better investment especially if Pogba leaves and the 2 young wingers come good over the next 6 months.
what would be the ideal lineup with Graelish and no sancho?

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Rashford - Haaland - Greenwood/Diallo

Go all fecking out for Haaland. We are dying for a goalscorer like him. Greenwood will develop just fine on the right and they can all interchange.

Haaland should be the clubs priority.

Judas

Open to offers
The faith (blind hope?) being put into a bloke who hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet is absolutely stupid. Even if he ends up being the second coming of Ronaldo, no one on here has a clue, and he's already being spoken about as the answer to our never ending RW problem. I bloody hope he is, but it seems terribly hopeful when we've not got a shred of evidence yet.

ReallyUSA

Go all fecking out for Haaland. We are dying for a goalscorer like him. Greenwood will develop just fine on the right and they can all interchange.

He's not coming. We had our shot, we said no. It's over.

Lemansky

Competition from whom? Who really wants him?
This summer many posters here said Liverpool, Chelsea etc would be in for him. It would be an auction and he would be a lot more expensive. So we needed to pay the exact price Dortmund wanted. And Woodward was a fool not paying their set price that was not negotiable.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
what would be the ideal lineup with Graelish and no sancho?
Grealish can play left or right of midfield. Attacking midfield, or in a midfield 2 much like Scholes with a decent holding player. Talent thrives in most areas of the field. He'd be a vital signing if Pogba leaves or we'd be in trouble if Bruno missed games with that creating chances would take a massive hit.

cyberman

This summer many posters here said Liverpool, Chelsea etc would be in for him. It would be an auction and he would be a lot more expensive. So we needed to pay the exact price Dortmund wanted. And Woodward was a fool not paying their set price that was not negotiable.
They said that the season before as well. Dont believe muppets.

Jacob

Oh they'll eat humble pie when they get paid +100 for Haaland. Nice logic there.

SAFMUTD

Buying talents from the bundesliga is really risky, we all know how the teams set up there with their high lines and leaving wide open spaces at the back. Thats why many players from the league look class but after changing leagues they struggle big time.

Players like Dembele, Havertz, Jovic, Keita, Werner, Haller, looked like true talents in the Bundesliga and at the moment they look bang average. Yes is true there are also some success cases such as KDB, Sane, Aubameyang and up to a certain point Pulisic but it seems even the more brilliant promising players from that league are hit and miss.

I wouldnt risk 100M on Sancho right now, specially at this covid times we must be really precise with our signings which will make the difference between continue our improvig or stagnating. I think anything above 70M for Sancho is a no go, with 65M being an ideal price.

RUCK4444

Oh they'll eat humble pie when they get paid +100 for Haaland. Nice logic there.
Better than giving them 100 million for Sancho last summer and another 100 million for Haaland next summer.

Either way they’ve lost a chunk of cash on Sancho, there’s the logic.

They are already dropping hints in the media, they will be eating humble pie all summer.

Icemav

Dont care about the price. My gut feeling is that he is not dynamic enough nor strong enough mentally. Life at Old Trafford is not easy especially when there is a real desire to challenge for titles atm. I not sure at this point in time we want to nuture and grow him as much as is needed.

Icemav

Better than giving them 100 million for Sancho last summer and another 100 million for Haaland next summer.

Either way they’ve lost a chunk of cash on Sancho, there’s the logic.

They are already dropping hints in the media, they will be eating humble pie all summer.
I have no sympathy. They turned their noses up at a x10 return on their initial investment and put a stict deadline, take it or leave it demand. I am very happy management didnt bend. I wish Sancho the best with his career but I have a feeling that he would he better developing it not at Old Trafford now. A lot of pressure and there really are huge question marks on his ability to step up.

croadyman

Yeah he definitely should be but until I hear people like Whitwell & Ducker saying that Utd aren't put off by dealing with Mino again I will be very sceptical of any interest in him from the club

Tapori

Grealish can play left or right of midfield. Attacking midfield, or in a midfield 2 much like Scholes with a decent holding player. Talent thrives in most areas of the field. He'd be a vital signing if Pogba leaves or we'd be in trouble if Bruno missed games with that creating chances would take a massive hit.
Grealish is incredibly versatile attacking wise. Solid 5 years he has at the top level at least if he doesn't get serious injuries.

croadyman

Jack can play on the right but the only problem is he has never played there in the Premier League, pretty sure that the last time he did was when on loan at Notts County in 2013

RUCK4444

I have no sympathy. They turned their noses up at a x10 return on their initial investment and put a stict deadline, take it or leave it demand. I am very happy management didnt bend. I wish Sancho the best with his career but I have a feeling that he would he better developing it not at Old Trafford now. A lot of pressure and there really are huge question marks on his ability to step up.
Yeah agree, they took a risk, played billy big boll@x and now they've lost out on a massive fee.

Jury is still out on Sancho, he's looked incredible at times in the past and I was desperate for us to sign him in the last window however I think he's dipped in form and worryingly seems somewhat unfit. His outings for England have been poor as well. It's now a big risk to spend big on him.

I'm not 100% happy with only having Diallo in the squad as a RW however I'd rather spend the bulk of our budget on Haaland and guarantee more goals from our no 9 going forward. It's been an issue this season and we have to improve in that area if we are to progress, there is nobody close to as good as Haaland available in that position. We have to focus our efforts on him at all costs imo.

croadyman

Yeah agree, they took a risk, played billy big boll@x and now they've lost out on a massive fee.

Jury is still out on Sancho, he's looked incredible at times in the past and I was desperate for us to sign him in the last window however I think he's dipped in form and worryingly seems somewhat unfit. His outings for England have been poor as well. It's now a big risk to spend big on him.

I'm not 100% happy with only having Diallo in the squad as a RW however I'd rather spend the bulk of our budget on Haaland and guarantee more goals from our no 9 going forward. It's been an issue this season and we have to improve in that area if we are to progress, there is nobody close to as good as Haaland available in that position. We have to focus our efforts on him at all costs imo.
Like I have said before in posts it's going to come down to whether Ole can convince the board about having dealings with Raiola again, we are capable of rolling out the red carpet for him but whenever he is back on the market there is going to be a lot of serious competition

Status
Not open for further replies.