Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Maybe i have been living under a rock, but is it compltetely unheard of that a player takes a cut in wages to move to another club?
Taking a £100k+ a week pay cut probably is unheard of. Which clubs do you think would pay a big fee for him?

SATA

Genuine question - Why isn't he starting for Dortmund these days? Is he injured or on strike or are they wrapping him up in cotton wool for a future transfer?

AgentSmith

Genuine question - Why isn't he starting for Dortmund these days? Is he injured or on strike or are they wrapping him up in cotton wool for a future transfer?
Injury. Their form has dropped since he’s been out as well.

I can't see anybody paying a big fee for De Gea and taking on his ridiculous wages. We'd have to subsidise any move like Sanchez. Also no big clubs are in need of a keeper enough to spend big money.

Martial is worth more than £25m, he's just had a season to forget that's all.

Lingard is the bonus. Wouldn't have expected any more than £10m before his loan.
Agree, I think we'd still get 45-50m euros for Tony minimum. Anything over 10m for Jesse is a massive bonus and I think we likely could get closer to 20m now.

AgentSmith

What is his injury? It seems he has been out pretty long
Torn muscle apparently.

He’s back in training now. Just unfortunate timing for an injury in the context of their season, missed some important games.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm very happy to see all the links to him coming back. All we've got to do is throw a few pity millions at desperate Dortmund's feet and it'll be a done dealio. Feeling quite emotional already.

SATA

I'm very happy to see all the links to him coming back. All we've got to do is throw a few pity millions at desperate Dortmund's feet and it'll be a done dealio. Feeling quite emotional already.
Dortmund desperately wants to sell this time and the muppet in me thinks he has already packed his bags in anticipation to a move to United in the summer

BarstoolProphet

I'm also happy that the links with him are getting stronger again. He had a shit start to the season but overall he has yet again shown that he's capable of playing at a top level on a consistant basis. And hopefully our cautious approach in the media towards signing him is just us trying a more reasonable tactic in negotiating with Dortmund. Last year it was all 'yes he is our no1 target, we are desperate to sign him, he's the final piece of the puzzle' etc. This year it's more like 'oh we like him still, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if he doesn't sign for us'.

Boavista

I have said this before (not the figures though). Like you say look over the last few years German players who we and Chelsea have signed, and have been shadows of themselves in the Premier. This league is a lot harder than Germanys. You could take Munich and Dortmund and place them in the premier league and i would bet they wouldnt be at the top season after season. Bayern would be a lot worse as they wouldnt be able to pick the best players from the other teams like they do in the Bundesliga
That last point is such a weird hypothetical though, especially in the context of the point you're trying to make about the level of players arriving from Germany. It's equally as silly as asking how good is this City or Chelsea side really, they'd be midtable in Germany since they wouldn't be allowed to be bought by Abu Dhabi and Abramovich!

Judas

Open to offers
I think we know full well the chances of Haaland and Kane are pretty much tiny, and we're not willing to be ripped the feck off. It's Sancho time. We'll be in the driving seat for this transfer this summer.

laughtersassassin

The excuses coming out of the club are not a good look. Last summer was almost a complete waste. Done next to nothing to improve us in the short term

Can't have excuses this year again.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Still not convinced he’s worth a big fee. Would be a massive gamble.

theklr

Still not convinced he’s worth a big fee. Would be a massive gamble.
I really dont get the reasoning behind this, his numbers are insane year after year.

Is it the Bundesliga to Premier League change you are unsure of? Because besides that he fits our team like a glove..

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Without a doubt one of the very greatest attacking talents out there, spectacularly skillful, entertaining to watch and with impressive end product, still very young but with sizeable experience and record already, he will very likely be one of the best players in the world in a few years.

If you are an English club who doesn't have both wings covered with elite players already, who can afford him, and who can convince him to join - absolute no brainer.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Allows Greenwood's position yo be changed permanently although I don't think Greenwood is ready to play there consistently.
In any case, we have to sign this guy.

marktan

Anything above £60m is a gamble for me
- A lot of his goals this season have been easy counter-attwcks with lots of space, he wouldnt get those in the PL
- Didn't look that great in the CL last couple of seasons
- Dortmund won't make top 4 which should drive price down
- If we wait until next summer he has 1 year left on his contract
- Less relevant but we've been burnt before with Kagawa and Mikhi who had very similar numbers to Sancho.

He'd improve us definitely but he's closer to the level of buying someone like Pepe than he is to Mbappe/Neymar

Terminator

We've desperately needed a RW for 5+ years. He is the best RW available. Even if it's a risk, it's one that is 100% worth taking.

No brainer IMO.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He will be one the most important signings we've made in a long time. With him, Rashford and Bruno putting up the numbers they do, we should definitely be pushing for trophies. Add a quality striker on top of that front 3 and Ole has no excuses to grab his first title.

Idxomer

We saw what a creative outlet from the wing could do with Pogba yesterday on the left.

Having someone out there whose primary target isn't scoring goals himself will make a world of difference to this team's attack.

romufc

We saw what a creative outlet from the wing could do with Pogba yesterday on the left.

Having someone out there whose primary target isn't scoring goals himself will make a world of difference to this team's attack.
This. Having a player who is able to pass and keep hold of the ball in the wide areas will help us, even moreso that he isnt always looking to shoot.

Currently, however good Rashford and Greenwood are, their main aim is to get half a yard and shoot

Sancho seems different where he will look for the pass.

gza the genius

Allows Greenwood's position yo be changed permanently although I don't think Greenwood is ready to play there consistently.
In any case, we have to sign this guy.
This is my main worry too. I think Greenwood's future is in the center but I don't think he's quite ready yet. Sancho is just as good from left though so that gives us plenty of options.

Teja

This has to be the most obvious transfer in the past 10 years or so. Selling club wants to sell, player wants to move, young, adds some real quality in a place where we desperately need some reinforcements.

Just get it done before the summer kicks off Woody!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This has to be the most obvious transfer in the past 10 years or so.
Absolutely.

Available, right winger, one of the best young footballers around, English, wanted by the biggest English club who have a gaping hole at right wing, who he wants to join.

He would still be my priority signing this summer. I think Dortmund got their extra year out of him and will sell this summer to raise cash. Amad and Pellistri are all fine, but Sancho would be an important signing IMO.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Imagine being able to rest Rashford and having Sancho move over from the right to left.
If we could have afforded to give Rashford a month or 2 off this season to get sorted and he was coming back fully fit into a team with Sancho. Man. That is some serious squad all of sudden. We go from having tired/injured/out of form players who always have to play to having borderline world class options who sometimes miss out in certain games. Playing us would be a nightmare to plan for. That’s a big big leap in quality and options with just one player.

It’s been the most obvious transfer of the last few years. Hopefully we can finally get it done this summer.

JustinC00

I still want him and if he wants to come he's gotta put in an official transfer request after Dortmund's season ends. . None of this shite where he stays quiet and Dortmund do their little pr games. Because you know Dortmund will be cnuts negotiating Sancho needs to be the one to tell Dortmund to stop fecking about. Even if he and his agent gotta do a Raiola and throw a chair in Dortmund's boardroom.

SwedishFish

If we can keep Cavani then getting Sancho should absolutely be a priority as we can put the CF spot on hold for another season.

If not then we need to address that position which probably would rule out a transfer for Sancho and possibly other targets as well.

SAFMUTD

Agree, I think we'd still get 45-50m euros for Tony minimum. Anything over 10m for Jesse is a massive bonus and I think we likely could get closer to 20m now.
on current form we should be able to get 25M even if he just haves 1 year left on his contract. Anything below 20M would be dissatisfying.

SAFMUTD

The excuses coming out of the club are not a good look. Last summer was almost a complete waste. Done next to nothing to improve us in the short term

Can't have excuses this year again.
I think its more of an strategy after Woodward’s brilliant quote “we can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of” we have been consistently overpaying for players so it's not a bad idea to go out and diminish expectations in order to negotiate better deals.

SinNombre

Anything above £60m is a gamble for me

- Less relevant but we've been burnt before with Kagawa and Mikhi who had very similar numbers to Sancho.

He'd improve us definitely but he's closer to the level of buying someone like Pepe than he is to Mbappe/Neymar
A much younger Pepe but agree with the sentiment of the post.

£60m + Diallo on loan for 2 years (with reasonable clauses to bring him back if he is not played) would be the best we should offer.

laughtersassassin

I think its more of an strategy after Woodward’s brilliant quote “we can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of” we have been consistently overpaying for players so it's not a bad idea to go out and diminish expectations in order to negotiate better deals.
People said that last year and we wasted an entire window

Status
Not open for further replies.