Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Fans are deluded if they think the Glazers are going to sanction any big money signings this summer.
Only way they arent sanctioning signibgs is if theyre going to sell. It doesnt help them having a failing asset after this

Rocknrolla69er

I'll guarantee you Martial will rack up his numbers significantly with Sancho on his right and Rashford on his left.

I mean, he was our top scorer just last season
Even if he can't be arsed to run? The guy doesn't like competition for "his" place he loses motivation, attitude problems, cash in and reinvest he's had chance after chance and produced one decent season

I honestly don't get these posters who still chime on as if Martial is a valuable assett to the squad, watch Shearers half time analysis of Martial in one of his last games it was damning about his desire , motivation and lack of application and movement. Ole as a striker will of seen it too, he l be sold. He started only being used to give others a rest, way down the pecking order and rightly so, cash in while we still may get decent money from the Italians.

theklr

Even if he can't be arsed to run? The guy doesn't like competition for "his" place he loses motivation, attitude problems, cash in and reinvest he's had chance after chance and produced one decent season

I honestly don't get these posters who still chime on as if Martial is a valuable assett to the squad, watch Shearers half time analysis of Martial in one of his last games it was damning about his desire , motivation and lack of application and movement. Ole as a striker will of seen it too, he l be sold. He started only being used to give others a rest, way down the pecking order and rightly so, cash in while we still may get decent money from the Italians.
I honestly dont get how one bad season after beeing the clubs top scorer means everyone is writing him off

northernfan

The price is dropping is because those teams banking on super league money to cover transfer cost aren't there. I don't think there is a natural place for him on this team when Pogba, Rashford and Greenwood are in form. Now Haaland is another story.Pop out Martial and slot Haaland in and WATCH OUT. Man Utd's attach would be set of a decade.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Offer them 50m first, then return them with final bid of 50m+10m add ons.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Dortmund messed up. They would be lucky to get 70 mill.

marktan

£60 - £70m is around fair value for him.

If not then we bank on Greenwood and Diallo developing.

Reports of Chelsea and Pool are a joke, Chelsea have about 50 attacks they can't even play currently, and Liverpool don't spend big (aside from Coutinho money) and have Jota on the bench.

Raveneye

80 million euros is pricey but fair for a player of Sancho's calibre. Young, English, right winger where few alternatives at his level exist.

We don't need Sancho as badly as we used to. But I suspect Sancho and Diallo would have a lot to learn from each other and could accelerate turning one of our weaknesses into our strengths.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’ve not seen anything from him that makes me think he’s much better than Greenwood. However if he can be as good as Greenwood is for us, he’s got to be worth 80m of anyone’s money. We paid that for Maguire ffs.

theklr

I’ve not seen anything from him that makes me think he’s much better than Greenwood. However if he can be as good as Greenwood is for us, he’s got to be worth 80m of anyone’s money. We paid that for Maguire ffs.
Honestly you havent looked very closely. They are different players and Sancho has a very high stable output the last 3 years

mav_9me

His touch/technique/close control/dribbling are much better than Greenwood. Greenwood has other strengths obviously. In any case Sancho can complement everyone. His biggest strength is passing in the box and that will help us breakdown parked defenses. Of course he is awesome on the counter too.

For 70m Pounds a no brainer IMO.

laughtersassassin

6 goals and 9 assists in the Bundesliga this season is a pretty low bar for insane figures
You realise how long he has been injured? He has been out injured for months!

He has 30 g+a all comps which is insane. Only 2 of our players have those kind of numbers.

Jadon has had 30+ g+a for 3 seasons running! He is only 21. Show me how many other players put up those kind of numbers so consistently. There aren't many.

Bets winger that money can buy and no one can argue that.

Other options would be someone like Raphina who I really like but you still going to have to spend 50 million plus on him. May as well just spend the extra and get the superior player.

Sancho is simply the winger to sign.

We are very happy with Greenwood who puts up half the numbers at the same age Sancho started doing a madness.

Obviously Bundesliga is easier but for that lets compare him versus KDB. KDBs numbers where class in the Bundesliga. Sancho are even better than his!

Last edited:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Bild usually gets these things right. I think the Liverpool interest is if Salah leaves with a nice price.

German outlet Bild claim Liverpool and Chelsea are both in for Sancho this summer as they feel he can be one of the world's best in the coming years.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
You realise how long he has been injured? He has been out injured for months!
He’s started over 2/3 of their league games. I like Sancho but there was nothing exceptional about his performances this season, and it’s a legitimate question to ask whether his exceptional performances last year are a good predictor of future performance. Particularly given his struggles for England.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Bild usually gets these things right. I think the Liverpool interest is if Salah leaves with a nice price.
Seems much more logical to me. United has his position covered for years to come with a homegrown player while Liverpool might want to secure a Mané replacement and Chelsea could be looking for the final piece in their attack. Just looking at the squad, United actually has the least demand for Sancho.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He’s started over 2/3 of their league games. I like Sancho but there was nothing exceptional about his performances this season, and it’s a legitimate question to ask whether his exceptional performances last year are a good predictor of future performance. Particularly given his struggles for England.
Then you haven't watched him. When fit he was better than Haaland. He's a game changer and currently the only young player around I think could one day be as good as Neymar. Best player in the Bundesliga, IMO, and once he joins a top club more people will start to realize how absurdly good he is relative to his age.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why do our fans try to pretend Sancho isn't worth a high fee?

His numbers are literally insane.
At a market where most top clubs, if not all, would struggle to generate funds to buy Haaland or Mbappe for 120m, of course no one is going to buy Sancho for 100m.

pascell

Seems much more logical to me. United has his position covered for years to come with a homegrown player while Liverpool might want to secure a Mané replacement and Chelsea could be looking for the final piece in their attack. Just looking at the squad, United actually has the least demand for Sancho.
I'm not sure which squad you're reading but we've been crying out for a RW for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.