Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

The thing is our attack is already good, Mason is improving on the right and now Pogba is in the front 4 we have a great balance between creativity and goal scorers, Sancho would be icing on the cake no doubt, but the midfield is barely a moldy flapjack. If we have roughly £100M to spend it makes more sense to get say Rice and Camavinga for the money than spend £80M on Sancho.
Hard to argue with this after tonight's performance much as I want us to sign Jadon

croadyman

You're right, it's not the general rule of progress of any team for that matter. United's latest improvement came not from expensive Martial, but from emergence of Greenwood and steady progress of Rashford despite his injury complications. Cavani helped a lot even though he's not long road solution and cost us nothing.

If Sancho goes to Chelsea, they'll have Havertz-Pulisic-Sancho lineup and they can give City strong run for their money. That kind of talent can make any team more potent to create and score. The thing is Football Association will probably give us another cramped fixtures next season and knowing our luck with injuries, we could really use rotation between Greenwood, Rashford, Martial and Sancho rather than fielding James, Mata or Donny on the wing.

I still have serious doubts if we even possess that kind of budget to go out there and just sign one player in one go and still have funds for other position, but this time we could finally have complete set of attacking players for both title race and Champions League to go past the group stages and try make it to the semis.
Yeah it's so bloody unfair we have to sacrifice one of the three key positions we simply have to address this summer due to those yankee scumbag leeches, we need to get a better CB partner for Harry & a proper DM as evidenced by tonight but then that likely means we yet again have to neglect our RW for yet another season so we just can't win

jamesjimmybyrondean

At best we'd get two starting positions and at least one cheap punt. We need a starting DM and CB. And while Greenwood is capable as our starting RW we have no reliable cover there. It would therefore make more sense for the cheap punt to be the RW position while we sign starters in DM and CB. I'm sure if Sancho didn't have those ridiculously good stats most wouldn't want us to spend so much on another RW with Greenwood playing well there and other key positions needing fixing

So is Sancho too good to miss out on, that we'd spend big on him at the expense of a starting CB or DM? Or are we better off getting a starting CB and DM and a cheap punt at RW to compete with Greenwood

Im just talking based on assumptions. We could just sign only one starter knowing us

croadyman

At best we'd get two starting positions and at least one cheap punt. We need a starting DM and CB. And while Greenwood is capable as our starting RW we have no reliable cover there. It would therefore make more sense for the cheap punt to be the RW position while we sign starters in DM and CB. I'm sure if Sancho didn't have those ridiculously good stats most wouldn't want us to spend so much on another RW with Greenwood playing well there and other key positions needing fixing

So is Sancho too good to miss out on, that we'd spend big on him at the expense of a starting CB or DM? Or are we better off getting a starting CB and DM and a cheap punt at RW to compete with Greenwood

Im just talking based on assumptions. We could just sign only one starter knowing us
Yeah we may as well have this conversation about having to take a cheap punt somewhere because unfortunately can see it becoming a reality knowing how our owners try to save as much money as possible, IF we had to take a punt on one area then will say RW just because can't think of many cheap options at either CB/DM

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We wouldn't be the front runner to get this kid in the normal season.

hubbuh

I think tonight stressed the need more than ever that we need powerful options from the right. Rashford, god bless him, is so up and down.

Tallis

We need to sign Sancho plus Cb (Kounde) plus CM (depends on whether Pogba leaves). That’s €200m of spending. We need to get rid of players to raise 70-100m

- James: 25
- Lingard: 20
- Dalot: 15
- Bailly: 10
- Andreas: 10

Total: €80mm

Corwin

We need to sign Sancho plus Cb (Kounde) plus CM (depends on whether Pogba leaves). That’s €200m of spending. We need to get rid of players to raise 70-100m

No one will pay 25m for James in the current market.
Lingard, on the other hand, should go for more than 20m.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

We gave Bailly a new contract:lol: you just don't get stupidity like ours easily

red_de_pologne

- James: 25 15
- Lingard: 20 25
- Dalot: 15 8
- Bailly: 10 won't sell him

Total: €80mm 58 mm

redpatron

Want to sign him so badly but then dread to think of the damage from neglecting CB & CDM
we been neglecting rw for almost a decade now, lets finally sort that one out first. Sancho is a generational attacking talent, could be a cornerstone player for the next 10 years.

theklr

I agree we probably need a DM and CB more, but its the only summer we'll have more or less a "free" run at him.

Needs to be done.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A player of this age and quality only appears on the market once in a while. Would be foolish to turn it down.

WPMUFC

I agree we probably need a DM and CB more, but its the only summer we'll have more or less a "free" run at him.

Needs to be done.
good thing that we have players like lingard that can be used to buy a player like Rice. I think Sancho has to be bought and then see what we can do with leftover money and players.

Rolaholic

A player of this age and quality only appears on the market once in a while. Would be foolish to turn it down.
Yea I'm afraid it'd be Hazard to Chelsea all over again for us if we don't pull it off and let one of our Prem rivals get him instead

Tallis

If Chelsea sign him, we are screwed for the foreseeable future. If City slips, Chelsea will win and vice versa. We will be competing with Loserpool and Sir Chokealot for 3 and 4 spot.

Siorac

Yea I'm afraid it'd be Hazard to Chelsea all over again for us if we don't pull it off and let one of our Prem rivals get him instead
Yes, that was my thought as well. And back then we didn't 'need' Hazard the same way we need an RW now.

Rolaholic

Hopefully that means we don't dither around and manage to wrap it up before the Euros

MadMike

Still not sure where he fits in here. People say the RW but his best displays are coming from the left since he’s a right footer. That’s Rashford’s spot. It’s also where Martial and Pogba can play if needed.

Do we spunk our entire summer budget to buy a better alternative for and competition for Rashford? Doesn’t sound sensible to me.

Godfather

Still not sure where he fits in here. People say the RW but his best displays are coming from the left since he’s a right footer. That’s Rashford’s spot. It’s also where Martial and Pogba can play if needed.

Do we spunk our entire summer budget to buy a better alternative for and competition for Rashford? Doesn’t sound sensible to me.
The way Rashford performed this season yes. For his own sake as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.